Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

She is an issue, but the root issue is work ethic. Basically the thought is that BHH could transfer somewhere else and would be handled with "kid gloves but still get lots of playing time" as opposed to Barnes not being one to baby and coddle guys.

Mom is difficult to deal with and isn't going to help in that department apparently. I wasn't given any specific story and honestly I didn't dig that much when that was shared. I assumed its a classic "crazy helicopter mom" type of deal.

To summarize: you've got a kid that struggles to self motivate which is a massive issue for Barnes who is a notorious tough coach, that affects PT, mom doesn't think the tough coaching is the best for BHH and doesn't like lack of PT, therefore you have a kid that potentially won't be here and a parent that will enable the transfer onto supposed easier and greener pastures instead of urging him to work through adversity.

I think Huntley-Hatfield can be one of the best interior post players that has played at Tennessee in a long time if he just listens to what Barnes is trying to teach him.

Not concerned about Arky’s recruiting. One & done players rarely make huge differences.

We’ve brought in 5 5*’s now under Barnes and how many were good off the bat?

Reactions: Volflyfisher
Not concerned about Arky’s recruiting. One & done players rarely make huge differences.

We’ve brought in 5 5*’s now under Barnes and how many were good off the bat?
I mean, at least three of them.
Not be concerned about Arkansas is just having your head in the sand, or just bluster. They are gonna be a force for a while

There is a kid named Anthony Black in the McDonald's All American game. He is like a 6'7 point guard and I hear he is tearing it up in McD practices this weekend. I watched some videos online and he is a future NBA'er. He is the lone uncommitted player in the McD AA game. I know we are not currently on his list but we should put a NIL together and go all in on this kid.
He just committed to Arkansas over Gonzaga.

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back