Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

So in your opinion UT basketball staff wastes most of their recruiting time. They recruit 10/20/30 players every year. Most of those players don’t come to UT, so all that time is just wasted time.
Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion. How did you get from “resources spent on a player who’s father is a coach on another top program are wasted IMO” to “any resources spent recruiting any players who don’t end up signing with us are wasted”? IMO there’s zero chance Jett doesn’t play for his dad. CRB must agree since the video guy is doing the recruiting. It’s a unique situation and none of the other guys we recruit and don’t sign have fathers coaching like Howard.

Interesting that our video coordinator is the one talking to him the most.

I will not get my hopes up about landing Jett unless his dad leaves Michigan for the NBA in the next year or so. But man, it's nice to see us right in contention there regardless.

We owe Michigan a couple of whoopings in basketball.

SMH, we gonna do the unrealistic requirements thing again?
So what do you think the reaction will be if they get bounced first or second round. What was it with a covid excuse?
I'm not setting any expectations. Poster was talking about how fans react. Know our fans yet?

We just offered Emoni Bates.
Don't take what I'm about to say the wrong way, I would LOVE for him to come to UT as he's one of the best prospects in the last decade.

That being said, I can't stand watching his highlights because about 75% of them are him yelling at the camera or opposing players. I'm all for emotional fire and competitive nature but my goodness, it just gets embarrassing to watch after 30 nonstop seconds of it in a 60 second video highlight.

A prospect like him has no business playing college ball for one year.

It’s most likely G-League for him.

A prospect like him has no business playing college ball for one year.

It’s most likely G-League for him.

I didn’t realize this but Grant on 247 talks as if NBA may do away with the one and done by the time his class signs. Not a fan of kids going straight to Pros. I feel like more kids screwed up thinking they were ready and they were not at all. I get it for the no brainers like Bates. but then you get idiots that think they are that level and they are not.

It also sounds like the Durant angle makes us a big player here if he does go college.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I didn’t realize this but Grant on 247 talks as if NBA may do away with the one and done by the time his class signs. Not a fan of kids going straight to Pros. I feel like more kids screwed up thinking they were ready and they were not at all. I get it for the no brainers like Bates. but then you get idiots that think they are that level and they are not.

It also sounds like the Durant angle makes us a big player here if he does go college.

Lost and Found: Taj McDavid Today is More Than an NBA Draft Punch Line

Your comment made me think of this article from a while back. It's a good read, just long

There’s only a handful of prospects like Bates, Zion, Anthony Davis, that come around every once in a decade that could go straight to the NBA and be successful.

I do agree there’s talented high school players every year that need a little development in some areas that could use a year or two of college.

Certain type of talents like Bates being forced to play college ball for one year is dumb imo.

VN Store

Back