Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Kent, I think does. Burns, probably not. Hard to say since it’s been so long since either has played any meaningful basketball and neither has played any at the collegiate level.

Don’t think he could give us almost what Grant did his freshman year?

Don’t think he could give us almost what Grant did his freshman year?
Grant averaged 12.5 and 6 as a freshman. I’d be pleasantly surprised if Burns could offer that. I think the question revolves more around their skill-set at the PF position, though. Ideally, you want your PF to be a threat away from the basket, offensively. I know Kent has a reputation as a decent shooter, though we’ve never seen it. Burns has always struck me as more a “5 feet and in” kinda guy. Not much in his tape to suggest he is a threat outside that area that I remember. Again, though, we’ve never seen him play a college game.

Grant averaged 12.5 and 6 as a freshman. I’d be pleasantly surprised if Burns could offer that. I think the question revolves more around their skill-set at the PF position, though. Ideally, you want your PF to be a threat away from the basket, offensively. I know Kent has a reputation as a decent shooter, though we’ve never seen it. Burns has always struck me as more a “5 feet and in” kinda guy. Not much in his tape to suggest he is a threat outside that area that I remember. Again, though, we’ve never seen him play a college game.

What if he was a 22 mpg with 9 and 5?

Make both happen and bring in Blackshear and Bilau. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Assuming the man on the outs was Kent, we would have a front-court of...

7-0 Plavsic
6-10 Blackshear
6-10 Bilau
6-9 Burns
6-9 Fulkerson
6-9 Pember
6-8 ORN

😳

Then we’d have Turner, Bowden, James, Johnson, Pons, Gaines, and then Bailey sitting out. Shortest guy on the team is 6-2. That is some serious length. Probably not a bigger front-court in the country.
Eh...I’d rather keep the guy being pushed out imo.

I don’t see how it’s burns and he redshirted last year If that’s the case then that was a waste of a scholarship I think Kent is on his way I thought Pember should’ve went to prep school

Hmmm...leads me to believe it may not be Kent, then. Blink once if it is. Twice if not.
It’s Burns, at this point might as well say it...apparently had multiple “instances” since arriving to Tennessee, was looking at heading closer to home as season ended but has since sorted thing out and opted to stay. I was told if room needs to be made he would be the one to go, like I said previously I’m not a fan of that.

It’s Burns, at this point might as well say it...apparently had multiple “instances” since arriving to Tennessee, was looking at heading closer to home as season ended but has since sorted thing out and opted to stay. I was told if room needs to be made he would be the one to go, like I said previously I’m not a fan of that.
Had a feeling it was Burns from what you guys were “hinting” at. I don’t like those circumstances that you stay if we can’t replace you, you go if we can. If he is a cancer on the team that’s going to be young, get rid of him. What kind of instances are we talking about BTO?

Had a feeling it was Burns from what you guys were “hinting” at. I don’t like those circumstances that you stay if we can’t replace you, you go if we can. If he is a cancer on the team that’s going to be young, get rid of him. What kind of instances are we talking about BTO?
Nothing crazy, pretty common stuff in college athletics, but multiple as a freshman isn’t a great sign.

At least he'd be eligible to play immediately wherever he goes.

4 years of Burns for 1 year of Blackshear doesn't seem like the best trade in my opinion. I was hoping it wasn't Burns.

I guess it would help open another '20 spot though.

4 years of Burns for 1 year of Blackshear doesn't seem like the best trade in my opinion. I was hoping it wasn't Burns.

I guess it would help open another '20 spot though.
Too much can change. I’m interested in putting the best possible team on the floor next year. There’s 0 doubt that includes Blackshear. Will also be good to get Plavsic some time to develop off the bench. Question just remains who will be splitting time at the 4 with Fulky. Kent? ORN? Pons?

Last edited:
Reactions: Vols All Day

VN Store

Back