Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

No you don’t. I could go into the Fb recruiting threads and say good news is coming in every single thread and when one does hit does that prove me right?

Of course it doesn’t and BO has done this for years and his success rate puts him in the 8 or 9 hole in the lineup if you know what I mean. But yea he does get a hit every no and then but swings and misses like a national league pitcher

Sure you own it. Just like I would of I called someone out like you have Bruin. I frankly have no problem with any of you. Just dont post often anymore. But hey I guess everyone is entitled to own it or not right Bruin?

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Sure you own it. Just like I would of I called someone out like you have Bruin. I frankly have no problem with any of you. Just dont post often anymore. But hey I guess everyone is entitled to own it or not right Bruin?

I’m going to admit I might possibly be confusing you with another poster. I’ve gone back and read a bunch of your post and maybe my memory is failing me. If this is mistaken identity I apologize. If you are the poster that over the years have come here time and time and again with post stated as facts where many have been proven wrong then i hope this is one of your times getting lucky

Reactions: BurninOrange
I’m going to admit I might possibly be confusing you with another poster. I’ve gone back and read a bunch of your post and maybe my memory is failing me. If this is mistaken identity I apologize. If you are the poster that over the years have come here time and time and again with post stated as facts where many have been proven wrong then i hope this is one of your times getting lucky

Apology accepted Bruin. I just want bring what I have heard. Nobody will be right 100% heck even 80% as we are dealing with kids and they are so indecisive sometimes. I am just glad the bball team is trending upward and we are talkijg about possibly over signing high impact players instead of taking risks on players

It’s an interesting week on the Tennessee basketball front to say the least. The Vols are in the unusual position hosting a pair of official visitors despite having a full roster at the moment. On Wednesday, 2019 big man Josephat Bilau began his official visit — a trip that came together quickly as the Vols just extended an offer last week. Bilau has become a popular young man in the past month, as school’s with room and a need for size have been clamoring for his attention. Kansas is among those that recently reached out with an offer for the 6-foot-10 French import. Bilau recently visited Nevada and has indicated he would like to take a trip to Kansas. After Bilau leaves, the Vols will welcome the top grad transfer target in the nation to campus, Kerry Blackshear from Virginia Tech.
There’s no question that landing Blackshear would be a tremendous get for a program that lost virtually all of its proven production in the paint. He’s already visited Florida and Arkansas. The buzz is that he’ll also visit Kentucky as well, though no date is set yet, and sources indicated late this week that Memphis, who is scorching hot on the recruiting trail, is getting into the mix. Needless to say, Blackshear has some options but there may not be a team that needs him as much as Tennessee does. The Vols have experience and talent in the backcourt, adding a proven commodity like Blackshear to the post would be an ideal match. Now the question becomes if Tennessee lands one of the two visitor how are the numbers going to work out? We’re not going to pretend to know what the plan is right now and there’s been tons of speculation about what may happen. All I can say is what I’ve been saying on the board, which is that the staff clearly has a plan to handle the situation.
-VQ

VQ definitely doesn’t make it sound like they’d take both
True, but they don't dismiss the idea, either. They truly seem in the dark about how the staff will make it work, but obviously belie e there is a plan in place. I think landing both is an extreme longshot to begin with, so it may not matter in the end.

I wonder which coaches have been in attendance for Tennessee at the NBPA Top 100 Camp. I would imagine they'll probably try to have all hands on deck for Blackshear today.

Wonder what it's like as a player currently on the roster, and you meet a guy on an OV and "host" them knowing if they commit you could very well be out the door? That would suck. Would probably make it very difficult to be a gracious host.

Reactions: BreatheUT
True, but they don't dismiss the idea, either. They truly seem in the dark about how the staff will make it work, but obviously belie e there is a plan in place. I think landing both is an extreme longshot to begin with, so it may not matter in the end.
I’m not sure if they’re in the dark or just avoiding speculation...they have a history of trying not to talk about kids getting the boot even if they know, so not sure.

Wonder what it's like as a player currently on the roster, and you meet a guy on an OV and "host" them knowing if they commit you could very well be out the door? That would suck. Would probably make it very difficult to be a gracious host.

I HIGHLY doubt the staff has a player hosting that is a possibility to be gone...my guess is that Turner and/or Bowden are hosting these guys.

I HIGHLY doubt the staff has a player hosting that is a possibility to be gone...my guess is that Turner and/or Bowden are hosting these guys.

Good point. Thought of that after I posted it. But surely they meet the whole team or watch workouts or hang out with them. Gotta be some serious side-glances and sizing up there haha.

"Recruiting is the lifeblood of any program, and Rick Barnes is working hard again to land a top recruiting class in 2020. Already Barnes is off to a very good start with top 50 prospect Corey Walker, and now the next step is to close on some of the very highly regarded prospects that he and his staff are currently in the mix with.
Leading the way on the wish list is Jaden Springer. Springer, who plays for former Volunteer point guard Bobby Maze on the travel basketball circuit, is one of the top recruits in the country, and is someone who is familiar with Tennessee.
A 6-foot-2 combo guard from the state of North Carolina, Springer is a five-star prospect and one of the truly premier players in this class. He can handle the ball, pass it, and is a more than capable shot maker. Springer has been very impressive over the last year both with IMG Academy during the high school season, and B-Maze Elite on the Under Armour Association.

On the recruiting trail, Tennessee is realistically in as good of a spot as they could possibly hope to be at this point. While Maze has made it clear he is going to take his time in the process and make visits, he is very interested in the Vols, and has been around the program several times.
Having an offer from North Carolina, makes the Tar Heels a definite threat, and then schools such as Auburn, Memphis, Villanova and Florida are also getting significant mention with Springer.
With all of that said, Springer is someone who is very high on the Volunteers, and while this will come down to official visits before a decision, Barnes and his staff couldn’t be in a better position to head down the stretch of this recruitment of the top 15 prospect.
While Springer might be the biggest prize, do not count out what Keon Johnson would mean for Tennessee. The top 40 in-state wing has been focus No. 1 for Barnes and his staff for a while.
Johnson, who has a final three of the Volunteers, Virginia and Ohio State, seems to favor Tennessee. The 6-foot-5 wing has shown an improved shooting stroke this spring, and also still has his trademark motor and athleticism.
In terms of a decision, Johnson intends to make one on August 6, so it is getting down the homestretch here, and the Vols are in an ideal position.
Another player to really keep an eye on is P.J. Hall out of South Carolina. The rugged power forward, who can also play the center position, has long been a favorite of Barnes and his staff.

In fact, some even feel that the Vols are the leader at this point in time, though Clemson and Florida also get a lot of talk, and South Carolina is in the mix as well.
Hall, who is 6-foot-9 and 225 pounds, is seen as a top 75 prospect, and would fit nicely next to Walker in the frontcourt in this class.
1COMMENTS
At this point in time, Hall wants to take his senior year official visits, so there is likely some time before a decision comes. Still, the bond between Hall and Barnes is very strong, and that could be carrying him the Vols way when it is all said and done.
With Walker already committed, Tennessee likely has two more spots for sure in the class of 2020 to fill, and they are clearly in on the right prospects. Time will tell who they land, but as it stands right now, this is shaping up like it could be a potential impact recruiting class for Tennessee."

-247 Brian Snow

Im by no means the piss on it all type but I try to see things as a damn near 40 year old man who has watched sports his whole life would.

I think what Angry Butch Jones is seeing is that Ive fallen out of love with Rick Barnes and my only way of thinking with him that's changed is if he wants to be paid like a big boy then we better get big boy results and I like the way he seems to be being more aggressive on the recruiting trail so he seems to be doing that.

As far as Blackshear goes is throughout all of his recruitment he has always kept returning to VT an option and now he's visiting everybody in America.

He's enjoying the love.

In the end he's either gonna stay at Virginia Tech or go to Kentucky.

We may not like it but we aint Kentucky and we dont beat them out for players very often and Cal's got those kids thinking he'll get them to the NBA and what does Blackshear want?

Sir, this is a Texas Roadhouse.

Someone get down to campus and give us some updates
8iNmW.gif

VN Store

Back