Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

2021 Elijah Tucker will be on campus today for Tennessee’s Elite Camp, he’s a Vol Legacy...dad is Josh Tucker (football at UT) and mom is Lashonda Stephens (basketball at UT).

Tracking to be a nice prospect...

Rivals.com - Takeaways from adidas Atlanta Memorial Day Classic

Elijah Tucker looks like a prospect high-major coaches will want to familiarize themselves with very soon. The light bulb looks like it is starting to click on for him. In a Sunday night win, Tucker went for over 20 points and scored in a variety of ways. There were put-back dunks. He knocked down a couple jump shots. Made a couple nice moves to the basket, one of which was a spin move that resulted a rim-rocking dunk. Having seen him during high school season, some practices with him Game Elite team and in a game this weekend, his trajectory over the past few months has been noticeable. It should be noted that his father played offensive tackle for Tennessee and his mother played basketball at Tennessee for Pat Summitt.

Ahh ok, apologies...

@31VFL ?

Cam Hayes - Greensboro Day School - 2019 NBPA Top 100 Camp Interview

Last week, Hayes was in action at the NBPA Top 100 Camp where he met with the media and schools mentioned included North Carolina, North Carolina State, Tennessee, Virginia and Virginia Tech.

Hayes also discussed the possibility of reclassifying into the 2020 class.

The five-star prospect's interview with the media in Charlottesville is above.
-Josh Gershon

Ahh ok, apologies...

@31VFL ?

Zion Harmon - Marshall County - 2019 NBPA Top 100 Camp Interview

The 19th rated prospect in the 247Sports Composite Rankings, Harmon's offer list includes Auburn, Creighton, Saint Louis, SMU, Stephen F. Austin, Tennessee and Vanderbilt.

Harmon was recently in action at the NBPA Top 100 Camp in Charlottesville (Va.), where he met with media regarding his game and summer on the AAU circuit.
-Josh Gershon

I realize I found college basketball much more enjoyable when I didn’t follow recruiting. It’s so stressful now 😂

Volquest podcast today had some nice notes from Rob Lewis as he spent the weekend at NBAPA Top 100 camp that featured a lot of Tennessee targets...

- Corey Walker looked really good, Top 30 type kid that plays extremely hard on both ends. Not likely to have to worry about him being a 1 and done as he’s not a super athlete, but is going to be a really nice player.

- Keon Johnson was one of the most impressive guys at the camp, very possible he’s a 5* after the next update, had a great showing. Another guy who plays hard on both ends and is really becoming an elite defender, can guard 1-4 as he’s a legit 6’5”-6’6”.

- Dylan Cardwell is a guy that things have been more quiet with than other Tennessee targets but keep him in mind. OV’d to Tennessee as a junior, they really like him and he’s continued rising in the recruiting rankings.

Also, VQ saying Bilau is not a take, they brought him in to check him out because of some ties to the staff but they aren’t likely to pursue him.

Volquest podcast today had some nice notes from Rob Lewis as he spent the weekend at NBAPA Top 100 camp that featured a lot of Tennessee

- Keon Johnson was one of the most impressive guys at the camp, very possible he’s a 5* after the next update, had a great showing. Another guy who plays hard on both ends and is really becoming an elite defender, can guard 1-4 as he’s a legit 6’5”-6’6”.

I find it at least somewhat eye opening that the true blue bloods haven’t entered the fight for Johnson with all the rave reviews about him

I find it at least somewhat eye opening that the true blue bloods haven’t entered the fight for Johnson with all the rave reviews about him

He cut things down as AAU season got here, which was a little surprising to me because I thought he may wait and see what offers came...that doesn’t alway stop schools from offering but most of the time it does. I think you’re also at the time of year where a lot of blue bloods have their target list of guys they’ve been after for awhile, so you don’t see them throwing out too many offers until some of those guys commit elsewhere.

I’m definitely not complaining though.

Seems UNC is in the thick of it for both Bryce Thompson (visiting today) and Caleb Love. Does this have any effect on Springer, should they land both?

VN Store

Back