Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

The staff wouldn’t be doing their job if they weren’t reaching out to transfers knowing that KC is gone, others may still choose to leave, and we aren’t sure to land Phillips.

As Richard Marx sang, "It don't mean nothin' / Till you sign it on the dotted line." It's good to have options.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Norchad Omier, 6'7" forward from Nicaragua and Sun Belt Player of the Year, just entered the transfer portal.

FPL7OVaWQAEZd8g

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Norchad Omier, 6'7" forward from Nicaragua and Sun Belt Player of the Year, just entered the transfer portal.

FPL7OVaWQAEZd8g

That chart is pretty nice, wish it had heights as well.

For me personally I like Brandon Murray, Jaelin Llewellyn, and Will Richard. Rahsool Diggins is also another recent portal name I'd be interested in, former top 60ish guy and the #9 rated PG in his class.

Vescovi will not make the NBA ever. He is to slow. JJJ might get drafted next year if he plays and shoots the ball like he did the last bit of the season this year.Hopefully both will stay 2 more years. Vescovi of course can go play overseas anytime though.

That chart is pretty nice, wish it had heights as well.

For me personally I like Brandon Murray, Jaelin Llewellyn, and Will Richard. Rahsool Diggins is also another recent portal name I'd be interested in, former top 60ish guy and the #9 rated PG in his class.
Murray drives hard to the hole, which Barnes preaches non-stop. He would be a fantastic addition with the loss of Chandler.

Vescovi will not make the NBA ever. He is to slow. JJJ might get drafted next year if he plays and shoots the ball like he did the last bit of the season this year.Hopefully both will stay 2 more years. Vescovi of course can go play overseas anytime though.

Well that's just stupid and negativity.

He's actually a better NBA prospect than he is a college one. Why? NBA is more spread out, looser defensively, less zone, and the court is larger as well. He'd have more space to get his shot up and he'd have to burn less energy on defense.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE

He's actually a better NBA prospect than he is a college one. Why? NBA is more spread out, looser defensively, less zone, and the court is larger as well. He'd have more space to get his shot up and he'd have to burn less energy on defense.
Idk if he makes it or not but I’ve seen worse players than Vescovi make the league. Might not play a lot but if he can maximize his 3 point skill set. You just never know.

Vescovi struggles getting past SEC athletes in 1v1 situations, but will perform better in the NBA? Better spacing in the NBA just means the paint is less crowded, doesn't mean players have literally more space to shoot over their defender.

Burn less energy on defense? Do you even watch NBA basketball?

And the court dimensions are exactly the same..

he’s literally the perfect player we need. would help out zz and vescovi tremendously.
I agree. Big, athletic guard who can get the the rim. Only thing is you really need another PG and then a dynamic 3/4 like Phillips is also a lacking on this team. I’m not sure we will fill all 3 holes. Probably only 2 of em.

Vescovi struggles getting past SEC athletes in 1v1 situations, but will perform better in the NBA? Better spacing in the NBA just means the paint is less crowded, doesn't mean players have literally more space to shoot over their defender.

Burn less energy on defense? Do you even watch NBA basketball?

And the court dimensions are exactly the same..

See this is one of those examples of someone changing what was said.

I said he was a better prospect for the NBA not that he would perform better in the NBA. But if guys like Grayson Allen and Luke Kennard can not only play in the NBA but get quality minutes it seems pretty stupid to say Santi will NEVER play in the NBA. He might never get drafted, but to say he'll NEVER play in the NBA is crazy to me. He made first team All-SEC this year and has improved his game every season he's been here.

so the NBA doesn't have a different sized paint and deeper 3 pt line?

See this is one of those examples of someone changing what was said.

I said he was a better prospect for the NBA not that he would perform better in the NBA. But if guys like Grayson Allen and Luke Kennard can not only play in the NBA but get quality minutes it seems pretty stupid to say Santi will NEVER play in the NBA. He might never get drafted, but to say he'll NEVER play in the NBA is crazy to me. He made first team All-SEC this year and has improved his game every season he's been here.

so the NBA doesn't have a different sized paint and deeper 3 pt line?
There’s room for a dynamic shooter. He has value beyond the obvious.

People are uncharacteristically hard on Santi and his NBA chances which make absolutely no sense to me. He might be the first player in a long time to be first team All-SEC and have people claiming that guy has no chance to ever be an NBA player.

I remember when Steph Curry was at Davidson and I heard plenty of people claiming he is too small, too skinny, won’t survive with the type of game he plays.

To be clear, I am NOT saying Santi is the next Curry. I’m just saying it seems rather ridiculous to suggest this guy cannot play in the NBA….EVER.

People are uncharacteristically hard on Santi and his NBA chances which make absolutely no sense to me. He might be the first player in a long time to be first team All-SEC and have people claiming that guy has no chance to ever be an NBA player.

I remember when Steph Curry was at Davidson and I heard plenty of people claiming he is too small, too skinny, won’t survive with the type of game he plays.

To be clear, I am NOT saying Santi is the next Curry. I’m just saying it seems rather ridiculous to suggest this guy cannot play in the NBA….EVER.

I've seen it all, I'm not even saying Santi WILL be in the NBA, just saying it's stupid to say he will never play in the NBA. Cause ya just never know, no one else on our team had multiple opponents straight up focus their attention to take him out of the game like Texas did, like Michigan did, like Arkansas tried to do twice.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92

While I agree with your overall point that he shouldn’t be completely written off, a guy like Curry has always been an athletic shot creator. The NBA is almost entirely pick n roll and one on one offense now. It’s hard to see a guy like Santi playing his way onto an NBA roster when he struggled to get good looks off the bounce against every opponent we faced this season. He’s an elite catch and shoot guard, but I’m just not sure there’s a place someone with that as their only plus skill on many, or any, NBA rosters right now.

Why though? We watched one of our best players of all time not get a sniff at the NBA. I don’t see why it would be any different with Vescovi.

Are you talking about Chris Lofton? Their situations aren’t really all that similar. Santi, IMO, has a more versatile skill set and is more athletic than Lofton ever was.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Why though? We watched one of our best players of all time not get a sniff at the NBA. I don’t see why it would be any different with Vescovi.

I'm sure you're talking about Chris Lofton... and huge fan of him as a VFL. But from the NBA scouts eye you have to look at his low assist numbers and lack of defense as a big issue. Not to mention the health concerns he hid.

Are you talking about Chris Lofton? Their situations aren’t really all that similar. Santi, IMO, has a more versatile skill set and is more athletic than Lofton ever was.
Disagree 100%. Lofton could actually get to the rim his junior and senior years and was a crafty defender. Santi has better on ball defense. Lofton could create his own shot and had a quick release. Santi cannot and his release is a lot slower.

VN Store

Back