Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Transfer portal is the way to go now days would be dumb not to get a guy who is a proven scorer to mitigate KC most likely going to the draft

I doubt Santi leaves, him announcing that it was Barnes' idea he go through evaluation this off-season is part of it. Plus I don't think he'll get a high enough grade.

JJJ though, especially with how he emerged as a first option scoring threat down the stretch...he's already got all the pedigree to be a 1st round pick. size, 5 star outta HS, great attitude, smart, etc. so he may get a pretty good evaluation that could change his mind about staying another season. His history with various injuries would also be a concern, he got to the end of this season at the healthiest he's been in a long time.

Reactions: walkenvol
I doubt Santi leaves, him announcing that it was Barnes' idea he go through evaluation this off-season is part of it. Plus I don't think he'll get a high enough grade.

JJJ though, especially with how he emerged as a first option scoring threat down the stretch...he's already got all the pedigree to be a 1st round pick. size, 5 star outta HS, great attitude, smart, etc. so he may get a pretty good evaluation that could change his mind about staying another season. His history with various injuries would also be a concern, he got to the end of this season at the healthiest he's been in a long time.
I hope Santi stays but I think his future is not in the NBA but somewhere overseas and that option will be available this year. Supposedly he strongly considered it last season and with his physical improvements and better play he will certainly get some stronger offers. Santi and JJJ's versatility are huge if they both come back. Santi's ability to play the three and rebound well were big.

Reactions: walkenvol
I hope Santi stays but I think his future is not in the NBA but somewhere overseas and that option will be available this year. Supposedly he strongly considered it last season and with his physical improvements and better play he will certainly get some stronger offers. Santi and JJJ's versatility are huge if they both come back. Santi's ability to play the three and rebound well were big.

That option has been available to him since HS. Which is why I think he'll stay to finish his degree and maximize his time in the US. If he manages to elevate his game another level here next year (showcasing an ability to drive to and finish at the rim with contact) then he could find himself getting serious NBA attention. Even if not drafted he could sign a contract still.

Point being if Santi's going to play internationally he could have done that whenever and staying another season here does nothing to hurt his ability to do it, only gives him more time learning the game from a well seasoned coach in one of the best conferences in college. Also another year to experience the US culture.

Reactions: Volflyfisher
What's wrong with that? It's like saying something has a 10% chance of happening w/o assigning a number to it

I don’t expect Lewis to make a prediction because that’s not fair to him, but I’m more interested in finding out why BHH might leave.

Mike Wilson has an article in today's News Sentinel about the players staying or leaving and Bailey and Chandler were the only sure departures and he thinks QD might leave and he sees all the other players returning.
“he thinks” are the most important words here. He is projecting about one player who has enormous athletic ability, and the other two are pretty obvious.

VN Store

Back