Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

His reaction after the loss to Michigan tells me he is gone unless something changes drastically. That much emotion was aided by his belief that that was his last college basketball game.
The only reason “the door isn’t closed” is because he hasn’t announced anything. I would be stunned if he didn’t go to the draft.

Reactions: TheMookieMonster
Doesn't help with the free transfer either. Cause BHH is good enough that if he goes anywhere else and plays 25 mpg or more he'll likely have good enough numbers to get drafted. So even though he may not grow as a player somewhere else that person will see it as "I was right" because he could get drafted.

What more time with Barnes could offer him isn't just "get drafted" but also "get better" so you're producing at a high enough level in the league to actually get the BIG 2nd contract that really sets you up long term
I see him getting 25 minutes next season here

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
It's just an example of how important it is to take advice from people that give good advice because there is LOTS of bad advice that is offered by people. This person in his camp has a serious perspective problem if they want BHH to look around. The way he was handled and the NIGHT AND DAY difference from the beginning of the season to the end of the season is a clear example of why a kid like him is exactly where he needs to be. It certainly seems like his natural-bent is to be very laid back, easy going on the court. Always had success with that attitude because of his physical attributes. Instead of being coddled UT forced him to mature as an athlete and a competitor. And while he still lacked some skills and awareness to be completely effective at the end of the season, his attitude/effort/competitive fire were all much better down the stretch. He is exactly where he needs to be if he wants to actually become the best player possible and to have the longest NBA career possible. If he leaves to go somewhere that will be "easier" for him then that will enable his natural tendencies to be too lax. Hope for his sake he doesn't listen to that advice.
Bingo. He needs the guidance and structure that Tennessee provides. He also needs a coach that will challenge him, not coddle him.

Reactions: VolGee4
I think he would still need a waiver since he already used his free transfer, but I’m sure the NCAA would grant it based on the investigation at LSU.
Correct.

"A student-athlete who has previously transferred from another four-year school would not be able to use the one-time exemption as a postgraduate transfer. However, a waiver process exists roe postgraduate students with a previous transfer history."

Correct.

"A student-athlete who has previously transferred from another four-year school would not be able to use the one-time exemption as a postgraduate transfer. However, a waiver process exists roe postgraduate students with a previous transfer history."
Interesting, what I read said graduate transfers would still be immediate eligible even if they’ve transferred before.

Correct.

DI Council adjusts transfer waiver guidelines
“The current postgraduate transfer waiver process remains in place, and the working group will continue to examine the most appropriate way to address student-athletes who have transferred, graduate and wish to continue their eligibility at another school.”

Kentucky is apparently interested in Pinson. Wonder if they want to move on from Wheeler.

They had basically 2 PGs on this year's squad. TyTy is likely leaving for the draft, Mintz isn't a great PG but was also a super senior so is gone. Grady was a super senior so he's gone. Allen is in the portal...

Kentucky basically needs to add a ton of guards and I'm sure a veteran with SEC experience would be a huge get for them.

They had basically 2 PGs on this year's squad. TyTy is likely leaving for the draft, Mintz isn't a great PG but was also a super senior so is gone. Grady was a super senior so he's gone. Allen is in the portal...

Kentucky basically needs to add a ton of guards and I'm sure a veteran with SEC experience would be a huge get for them.
Same ole song with Kentucky, season ends so it’s time to replace the entire team that just departed.

Same ole song with Kentucky, season ends so it’s time to replace the entire team that just departed.

I guess I'm just weird maybe, but I like the mold of a team that plays together for 2-3 years before total overhaul. A good core of 3-4 guys that aren't 1& done, but are good players that improve every year while playing together.

DI Council adjusts transfer waiver guidelines
“The current postgraduate transfer waiver process remains in place, and the working group will continue to examine the most appropriate way to address student-athletes who have transferred, graduate and wish to continue their eligibility at another school.”
I'm guessing that may be what the waiver process is; examining the circumstances and granting eligibility, or declining.

Don't forget, they have CJ Frederick, who is a local kid that transferred back home to UK from Iowa. He was out injured all season and redshirted, but was a pretty good player (Kellan Grady mold) at Iowa.

Interesting on the BHH note considering someone on here mentioned to watch our for it. I believe it was cards something
Vols8086 mentioned BHH, specifically, as being one to watch out for, that he seemed likely to return, but not a slam dunk.

Cardsvolfan made a more general statement surrounding the idea that there are always surprises, but that he knew of nothing or no one specifically to keep an eye on.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
I'm guessing that may be what the waiver process is; examining the circumstances and granting eligibility, or declining.
Not sure, I’ve just heard it discussed as if it’s a sure thing…I know VQ has been talking about it with Eric Gray, that he would try and graduate and be immediately eligible as a transfer.

Not sure, I’ve just heard it discussed as if it’s a sure thing…I know VQ has been talking about it with Eric Gray, that he would try and graduate and be immediately eligible as a transfer.
Maybe what you posted is more recent than what I did and that the waiver has been eliminated. 🤷‍♂️

Vols8086 mentioned BHH, specifically, as being one to watch out for, that he seemed likely to return, but not a slam dunk.

Cardsvolfan made a more general statement surrounding the idea that there are always surprises, but that he knew of nothing or no one specifically to keep an eye on.
Thnx. Couldn't remember exactly.

BHH could transfer and possibly get a few more minutes per game. He could go to a mid-major and dominate. Or he can return and spend 50x as much time in practice getting better going up against Uros, ORN, Aidoo, and Tamba. Guys with size similar to what he’d face in the NBA.

I can’t imagine the logic why someone would be telling BHH not to return? Work your tail off this off season and come back next year and show out seems like the best advice. If he can consistently score he will get plenty of opportunities to do so.
It sounds like BHH has a few voices around him. There were rumors out a week or two before the Auburn game that Pearl had reached out to BHH's team through backchannels.

VN Store

Back