Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Why did Aidoo decommit from Marquette? Did he ever say, I just saw him thank Wojo and Gainey for recruiting him but say he was going elsewhere. Since then he mentioned Oklahoma State and Oklahoma I think. Would love it if we did land him and would hope Barnes would let him play offense on the perimeter some as that seems to be his current strength. I do love that you see those 15-20 rebound games out of him as you would expect from a 7 footer in high school.
That right there, 15-20 rebounds, that's why I have so many doubts about Tamba, he never does that. I was grabbing 15+ rebounds in JV, in Knoxville at 6'3. Why can't Tamba do that at 7' on varsity ? Anyway, Aidoo would be a huge get and/or either UNC transfer, then get UT, BHH. If all that happens, maybe then take a chance on Tamba

That right there, 15-20 rebounds, that's why I have so many doubts about Tamba, he never does that. I was grabbing 15+ rebounds in JV, in Knoxville at 6'3. Why can't Tamba do that at 7' on varsity ? Anyway, Aidoo would be a huge get and/or either UNC transfer, then get UT, BHH. If all that happens, maybe then take a chance on Tamba
I've watched Tamba play multiple times. I don't understand the fascination. He is a project. He could possibly be turned into a good player in time, but I don't think UT and a Coach like Barnes should have to recruit projects with uncertain futures. I think the same can be said for the gentleman from France that just came on board.

I've watched Tamba play multiple times. I don't understand the fascination. He is a project. He could possibly be turned into a good player in time, but I don't think UT and a Coach like Barnes should have to recruit projects with uncertain futures. I think the same can be said for the gentleman from France that just came on board.
Unless Tamba doesn't take a scholarship and is a walk-on. His family is more than capable of paying if he really wants to be here. Just saying.

Agree, except the French kid will be a player, sooner than later, imo

Reactions: AngryButchJones
I agree on Tamba. I don’t like wasting a scholarship on him, but QD has barely played in the US so not a lot of tape on him and I think he has a lot more potential long term than we think. I’m not sure I can be convinced Tamba is worth the headache when there are plenty of other prospects out there that would be a more sure thing.

I agree on Tamba. I don’t like wasting a scholarship on him, but QD has barely played in the US so not a lot of tape on him and I think he has a lot more potential long term than we think. I’m not sure I can be convinced Tamba is worth the headache when there are plenty of other prospects out there that would be a more sure thing.
I agree that if somebody stronger is a TN lean then take them over Tamba. If not then I say take Tamba and redshirt him. I can only imagine how Kyle Alexander would’ve improved with a redshirt year.

Reactions: Maxwell865
I agree that if somebody stronger is a TN lean then take them over Tamba. If not then I say take Tamba and redshirt him. I can only imagine how Kyle Alexander would’ve improved with a redshirt year.

Fair point. I’m just a bit concerned about his lack of production in high school in an area (East Tennessee) that isn’t exactly great at basketball. He is 7 feet tall and doesn’t have rebound numbers that I would expect for a skilled 7 footer in this state.

Fair point. I’m just a bit concerned about his lack of production in high school in an area (East Tennessee) that isn’t exactly great at basketball. He is 7 feet tall and doesn’t have rebound numbers that I would expect for a skilled 7 footer in this state.
That’s very true, but he has only been playing basketball for a very short time. Get him with a good college program to develop him during a redshirt year and it could work wonders. Athletic 7 footers don’t grow on trees, and if he plays soccer then he must move pretty good for a big man.

Never seen him play, but if he is legit 6’-9”+ and remotely athletic then it’s hard to imagine how he can’t average 10& 10 with 4+ blocks a game. If CRB hadn’t missed on all the “projects” of late then it would be easier to trust the evaluations. Let’s take a chance on a big that at least produces on the hs level

Reactions: iVolSoHard
Never seen him play, but if he is legit 6’-9”+ and remotely athletic then it’s hard to imagine how he can’t average 10& 10 with 4+ blocks a game. If CRB hadn’t missed on all the “projects” of late then it would be easier to trust the evaluations. Let’s take a chance on a big that at least produces on the hs level
He has pedestrian numbers against mediocre competition in high school. Why would that suddenly jump against very good college competition?

He has pedestrian numbers against mediocre competition in high school. Why would that suddenly jump against very good college competition?
He plays with BJ Edwards and Blue Cain. He doesn’t have to score a lot. He won’t at UT either. He’s mostly being recruited for defense and rebounding.

He plays with BJ Edwards and Blue Cain. He doesn’t have to score a lot. He won’t at UT either. He’s mostly being recruited for defense and rebounding.
And, he does not have good rebounding numbers. He should have dominant numbers at his size versus that competion; especially in light of what you are saying. That is his primary responsibility.

I’d feel better about him if he was rebounding and blocking shots at an impressive level in hs. Guess that’s why he’s ranked so low

Lmao, tell me the last player to average 4+bpg

I think he meant in high school, specifically in East Tennessee.

This. Yeah, he means high school. 4+ BPG is still a lot but I understand his point, because I made a similar one. The competition is not fierce in East Tennessee. I’d like to see better numbers from a 7-foot player than what Tamba has shown.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back