Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

He just doesn’t love the game enough to give up other things. I think we had a warning of this before he got here
I'll give you credit for this. I recall you sharing some concerns over his drive when he first signed. You said something about his lack of summer basketball activity. I, like most on here, dismissed it as reading too much into a kids summer activities but it looks like there was some truth to it.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
The video I posted has him blocking shots and hitting 3’s...also he’s just a sophomore, so I wouldn’t expect a guy with a rounded game and looking like a Top 50 senior as a comparison. If he’s a high level athlete as a sophomore he can work on developing his game over 2 years.
Fair enough. IG and YT post so many "highlight reels" nowadays that it's hard to tell how good a kid actually is outside of the film room. His youth and progression will definitely be followed.

I've seen Cain train a bunch with my buddy Sean and the kid can jump but I honestly don't know what all he does well enough to be a D1-level player. Admittedly I've not seen him in competition beyond a few highlights.
The kid can play. Has a pretty good looking shot and from what I've seen in a handful of games against legit competition, he can create fairly well on his on.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
The video I posted has him blocking shots and hitting 3’s...also he’s just a sophomore, so I wouldn’t expect a guy with a rounded game and looking like a Top 50 senior as a comparison. If he’s a high level athlete as a sophomore he can work on developing his game over 2 years.
He looks really unconventional as a player, but he produces and is super athletic. He also has a Syracuse offer as a sophomore, as well.

I've seen Cain train a bunch with my buddy Sean and the kid can jump but I honestly don't know what all he does well enough to be a D1-level player. Admittedly I've not seen him in competition beyond a few highlights.
Blue’s mother is also a former Shelbyville Eaglette like Keon’s mother.

The video link I'm getting is for a David Jones?

Blue’s mother is also a former Shelbyville Eaglette like Keon’s mother.
I attended a nearby high school and our coach took us over to watch the Eaglette's practice once. This was early 90's when Coach Insell had it going and they were winning girls national championships every year. He was also getting the best girls high school players from a several county radius. Their practices were intense and the girls were incredible players and athletes. We were a small single A program and I am pretty sure those girls could have taken us. The girls on the bench that never played would have been starting and starring for most any other high school team in the country. It was an impressive program.

Well it's official, we have now offered 3 out of 5 of Knox Catholics starting lineup lol Definitely wouldn't be upset if we got all three of them for different classes.
Who was the best player on catholic this year? Edwards I’m assuming

Who was the best player on catholic this year? Edwards I’m assuming
Edwards for sure, Tamba was good too but definitely needs some time to develop as well, I believe he hasnt been playing basketball for a very long time, which is why it would be nice for him to come on this year and then redshirt.

I attended a nearby high school and our coach took us over to watch the Eaglette's practice once. This was early 90's when Coach Insell had it going and they were winning girls national championships every year. He was also getting the best girls high school players from a several county radius. Their practices were intense and the girls were incredible players and athletes. We were a small single A program and I am pretty sure those girls could have taken us. The girls on the bench that never played would have been starting and starring for most any other high school team in the country. It was an impressive program.
They didn’t lose a game in high school until my senior year. Still won the state that year. 4 state titles and 2 national championships in those years. If you were on the team you got a division 1 scholarship. The girls transferring from out town was really not true. Only had one girl those years that transferred in and she was from Moore County.

VN Store

Back