Tennessee to the triple option!

FlyFishnVol

RDU VOL#14

I hit Dingers
No it wouldn't...Oklahoma and Alabama and Texas and Nebraska all won national titles using the triple option or wishbone...Alabama won like 4 or 5 of them using it...If it is run right it is almost unstoppable...Not quite as a exciting as seeing a 5 wide set but it gets the job done...Top RB's would flock to UT to play in it because they would be getting the ball all the time or at least a good amount of the time...I personally love that offense as I am old school...I really like it more than the crap offense we are trying to run now for sure...but to each their own.
What years did those teams win the national title running the triple option? I think Nebraska was the last one that has won one during my lifetime. Iโ€™m 36.

Maybe Notre Dame In 88.

We would be destroyed in recruiting. When is the last time GT had a big time draft pick?

ATLVols

A true triple option would be the worst decision we could make. You can actually run option concepts with the spread and technically, RPOs (Run Pass Options) are often โ€œtriple optionโ€.

But we donโ€™t want the Paul Johnson style Wing-T triple option.

savannahfan

VN Store