Tennessee to the triple option!

I've always enjoyed watching the triple option and I've always wanted to see a team with alittle higher talent level run it, but I don't think I'd want to see us running it

Reactions: DaUndergroundMan
Check out the Jackets' last game vs Kirby and then tell me how that garbage offense works against top defenses. Triple option belongs in a museum

Reactions: dduncan4163
For the triple option to even work don't you need a QB who is walking around with concrete shoes on?

Reactions: dduncan4163
No it wouldn't...Oklahoma and Alabama and Texas and Nebraska all won national titles using the triple option or wishbone...Alabama won like 4 or 5 of them using it...If it is run right it is almost unstoppable...Not quite as a exciting as seeing a 5 wide set but it gets the job done...Top RB's would flock to UT to play in it because they would be getting the ball all the time or at least a good amount of the time...I personally love that offense as I am old school...I really like it more than the crap offense we are trying to run now for sure...but to each their own.

What years did those teams win the national title running the triple option? I think Nebraska was the last one that has won one during my lifetime. I’m 36.

Maybe Notre Dame In 88.

We would be destroyed in recruiting. When is the last time GT had a big time draft pick?

A true triple option would be the worst decision we could make. You can actually run option concepts with the spread and technically, RPOs (Run Pass Options) are often “triple option”.

But we don’t want the Paul Johnson style Wing-T triple option.

It worked pretty well for Nebraska in the 90's. They sure took some of UT's most talented teams to the woodshed running that "gimmicky high school offense" that can't attract recruits.
Those teams could have won with any kind of offense.

Last edited:
No they're not in the sec because a long time ago they got upset people took their football more seriously than school. They were charter members but chose to leave

Not is the SEC now..............better? I am sure they are second guessing that decision.

VN Store

Back