Tennessee Tight End Jacob Warren

This pic is after he quit sliding. Notice his feet in the air. When he went down his feet was on the ground. This is much later.
tenor.gif

All this would be a moot point if that damned white line hadn't tripped him up before he had a chance to make a move on the defender or maybe...gasp...lower a shoulder and get the first down?

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
I see something different just about every time. But… I will say, 9 times out of 10, that gets spotted as a 1st down. The Head Linesman shouldn’t be the closest official running in from 20 yards away
That’s the biggest problem. We all know that every mark is a guesstimate but he made that guesstimate from WAAAAYYY too far away. Warren was down while the ref was still 15 yards from the spot and not even in the picture.

View attachment 404953

No. This is slowed down to .25 second speed. Knee clearly down. Ball is clearly short. It sucks. But move on.
He is not down there.

If you watch from the other angle you can tell his knee and the rest of the body hit the ground simultaneously.

And the ball wasn't on his hip. It was in the middle of his chest which was exactly on the first down marker.

Why would refs be running to the end zone on a dead play?
That’s my point! The 2 officials…umpire and referee…both closest to the QB that heard this phantom whistle ran with the defender to the end zone. Neither one of them waived their arms or blew the play dead for “forward progress” either.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
Oh hell yeah! His midsection (ball location) was splitting the 40 when he went down! They spotted him a YARD Short! I've watched Ball for 40 years and that was robbery! I'da probably thrown mustard too. Dammit.

The Sun Belt game on TV tonight has had better officiating than the SEC had in Neyland Saturday night

Yep, and THEY missed a Blatant Holding/PI call on App St. App Corner had a handfull of the Coastal Receiver's shirt---no call. Crucial 3rd down too. Too much $$$ on Coastal.

Reactions: Rando
I didn't have a clear view from the stands. Close...but not clear. But the clips that kept running on the Jumbotron sure looked like he did. I do think its significant the replace official said the call would stand...not that the call was confirmed IIRC...it was a tough call either way...and if one wants to be dogmatic on their position...I just think it's not overwhelming either way. JMO...

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
I agree with the OP.....Warren did make a 1st down with inches to spare. Warren Torso hit first with the ball above his waist a split second before his knee hit. Ball would have been a few inches over the 40 yard line based on what I see on the video. This and the TD called back were horrible calls and gave the ballgame to Ole P---! Maybe there should be an asterisk put on this loss for UT because of the refs! Too bad this video was not available at the time they were reviewing.
remember where the ref that spotted the ball was when Warren hit the ground

Wanna try that one again?
View attachment 405029
Wanting something to be true does not make it true. From this picture, his knee or other part of the body is already down and one can not determine where the line marker is located. Even if he was past the line of gain, nothing will change. It is past time for this subject to be dropped and look forward to the future. For sure, this is my last comment on this subject.

Wanting something to be true does not make it true. From this picture, his knee or other part of the body is already down and one can not determine where the line marker is located. Even if he was past the line of gain, nothing will change. It is past time for this subject to be dropped and look forward to the future. For sure, this is my last comment on this subject.

That picture was in response to the poster saying his knee and the rest of his body hit simultaneously. Clearly they did not.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
I have been away for business all week after taking my Sunday of frustration away from here...

But has anyone discussed the REAL injustice... Why was holding called 15 yards behind the previous play?

VN Store

Back