Tennessee Tight End Jacob Warren

I see something different just about every time. But… I will say, 9 times out of 10, that gets spotted as a 1st down. The Head Linesman shouldn’t be the closest official running in from 20 yards away

Agree. But it’s kinda like the Pig Howard fumble against UGA a few years back. Every time I watch the replay, I’m more and more convinced it’s a TD. Same with Warren’s 4th and 24

I agree with the OP.....Warren did make a 1st down with inches to spare. Warren Torso hit first with the ball above his waist a split second before his knee hit. Ball would have been a few inches over the 40 yard line based on what I see on the video. This and the TD called back were horrible calls and gave the ballgame to Ole P---! Maybe there should be an asterisk put on this loss for UT because of the refs! Too bad this video was not available at the time they were reviewing.

Reactions: TJVol95
Based on that video he absolutely made it. I've been on the fence until now. But it's clear he made it from that.
The refs missed a face mask and a horse collar in that drive, on Ole Miss, as well.
NCAA and NFL rules state that there is no penalty for a horse collar on a runner or passer within the tackle box. I didn’t know that until I looked it up after the game wondering how the refs missed that call. Turns out, they were correct on that call.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Agree. But it’s kinda like the Pig Howard fumble against UGA a few years back. Every time I watch the replay, I’m more and more convinced it’s a TD. Same with Warren’s 4th and 24
What pisses me off sooooo badly still to this day is that the Pig play was OVERTURNED! No way there was definitive evidence he lost control before it crossed the plane. We get ripped too much.

Total first down.
This play was completely trash. It was totally meant to be a gadget play. Sell the fake hand off hard…look where the motion man ends up at. He’s by himself for a huge chunk play. The blitz comes from that same side so Corral gets blown up. He stands like a statue. Gets wrapped up then stripped in my be full motion of a full second. NOT ONE SINGLE OFFICIAL IS WAVING THEIR ARMS TO BLOW ANYTHING DEAD. 21 players are all going not even slowing up play. Not one damn person ever heard a whistle because it never happened.

Kiffin and Corral cry whistle because it didn’t work. The same guy yelling at players on video to go down on the field…hell he tells a player 3 yds from his sideline walking with nothing wrong to flip flop on the ground to pause the game against Arkansas. The guy cheats for 20 time outs a game. Punk cries wolf because it didn’t work.

There wasn’t an official that could say they blew a whistle so they call forward progress stopped. It was a busted game changing play. 100% they take the sack and don’t cry whistle if he doesn’t fumble the ball for a TD for us. There are QB strip sacks that take longer than that play did that count.

This is the garbage scam play. This was the ultimate difference in the game. We are leading in the 4th with this play counting like it should have.

Last edited:
NCAA and NFL rules state that there is no penalty for a horse collar on a runner or passer within the tackle box. I didn’t know that until I looked it up after the game wondering how the refs missed that call. Turns out, they were correct on that call.
Didn't know that either. They still missed a face mask though.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
actually DID make the 1st Down Marker. The BEST view of this comes from the 19:17 mark of Ole Miss video just released from their sideline advantage.

HERE'S where the Ball was as Warren landed

View attachment 404825

HERE is the COMPLETE VIDEO...go to 19:11 seconds to begin the replays.

The Season: Ole Miss Football - Tennessee (2021) - YouTube
Unfortunately, the photo you shared is not when he was down. Here are two photos from the video you shared. The first clearly shows his knee is down well before his thigh hits. The second shows his thigh and elbow then hit. Your photo happens after these two photos. I don’t know where the ball was on the field when his knee hit, if it was a first down or not, but I do know the picture you used is definitely not when he was initially down.
DB17C580-548B-476D-A4BB-7759F99E8E79.pngF2F3CA5F-A5B0-4197-8F6D-103F1A219741.png

Reactions: NETNVOL81 and Carp
Regardless of whether Warren made the first down or didn’t, I think we can all be happy about how the defense bowed up. They went and got the ball back in aggressive fashion. AND moved Corral’s total ground yards backwards, preventing him from reaching some kind of pass/rush milestone. Get some Matt!!!

He didn't make it. And you're a clown. I doubt you'd call anyone an idiot to their face. Just another keyboard cowboy.

Like a lot of fans who watched on TV, I was disappointed that the play fell just short. I hoped that subsequent reviews/ replays would somehow overturn the ruling. But after seeing all the angles, where the ball was carried (low), I was unhappy but satisfied that it wasn't to be. It was tough to accept, but we tell our sons and grandsons that it's part of the game, and they shouldn't whine and be poor sports. We, as adults should demonstrate that behavior.

The mark was wrong but it was still short. Doesn’t give you a good feeling about the replay guy.

Reactions: mpfvol
Regardless, it’s rediculous that a referee that was 20 yds behind them was the indisputable authority on the spot of the ball.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Good find on that angle, as every angle shown was at a slant looking upfield. This is from the side and shows he actually did indeed make it. That along with the fumble touchdown call AND the awful spot against PITT is making this a very angering season. I’m beyond pissed off at this point. Perhaps we should write a letter to our congress people.

I don't know if he made it. They missed the spot by at least a half yard. If they had changed the spot and measured and we still didn't get probably nothing happens.
This is exactly what I’ve said. The problem was the optics of the call, created in part by bad mechanics of the side judge, and being way out of position. I know much has been said about the camera angle/lack of/or being torn up….but I think it was obvious that their initial placement was at least 1/2 yard if not a full yard off. If they had corrected the spot (which I think is somewhat doable with the video they had, understanding that the ball was in his mid section), and THEN remeasure…..I think it may have still been short of the line to gain, but I don’t think you have the throwing of objects onto the field at that point.

Ye
The spot was definitely horrible, but the ball was in the middle of his chest and not extended. Probably about 6” to a foot short.
Agree... although what kills me about these calls is the refs have no idea where it really was, it’s just their best guess. And then the cameras didn’t get a great view so they just stick with their guess.

VN Store

Back