Tennessee Softball

This is a rout of all routs Tennessee 18 Rider 0 were still in the third. Phillips and Hannon have homered in this inning. Ralph has cleared the bench and they still can't get us out.

Reactions: jayisavol
Hoping that she does well also but early in the season she has a 5.06 era 7 walks and 3 strikeouts. 5.1 innings pitched given up 7 hits and hitters going for .292 against her. She also has one wild pitch. Looks like more of the same as here early hopefully she gets better as the season progresses.
Never understand how she was the 2nd ranked player in all of softball last year. Did she just lose her confidence when she got to Kvill, or did she have signs of wildness in travel ball, or did she even do travel ball.I do know that she had lost all confidence and the harder she tried the worse it got! I have been involved with fast pitch for over 25 years and never saw anything like it before. Hate it for the young lady and truly hopes she finds her way both on the field an off!!! JMHO as always!

Never understand how she was the 2nd ranked player in all of softball last year. Did she just lose her confidence when she got to Kvill, or did she have signs of wildness in travel ball, or did she even do travel ball.I do know that she had lost all confidence and the harder she tried the worse it got! I have been involved with fast pitch for over 25 years and never saw anything like it before. Hate it for the young lady and truly hopes she finds her way both on the field an off!!! JMHO as always!

My concern with Sprang was that she might've peaked early, as some of her numbers went in the wrong direction during her HS career. Have seen it posted here time and again that "HS stats don't matter," but IMO the trend with her suggested growing control issues. Sprang pitched 177.1 innings as a freshman & sophomore, walking 39 and hitting 1 batter. She then pitched 176.2 innings her junior & senior years, walking 61 and hitting 15 batters.

I wish Sprang luck as expect Okla. St will not continue her scholarship if she continues on her present path. What I saw of her was a pitcher that didn't really have the velocity you need to be successful in college. She was throwing 62 most of the time she was a Tennessee and still couldn't pitch with control. She did seem to have movement on the ball, but couldn't throw strikes. Whatever she had at one time she lost before she ever got to Tennessee hopefully someone figures it out.

Sprang was a good practice pitcher. Nerves just got the best of her on gameday. She seems like a really good kid, but UT had to have a reliable #3. Looks like we found that in Rogers.

Reactions: jayisavol
I wish Sprang luck as expect Okla. St will not continue her scholarship if she continues on her present path. What I saw of her was a pitcher that didn't really have the velocity you need to be successful in college. She was throwing 62 most of the time she was a Tennessee and still couldn't pitch with control. She did seem to have movement on the ball, but couldn't throw strikes. Whatever she had at one time she lost before she ever got to Tennessee hopefully someone figures it out.

Sprang pitched yesterday for OK St. vs Illinois. She pitched 5 INN and gave up 7 hits, 7 walks and 1 WP. She gave up 5 runs and got the win 10-6. Still giving up a ton of base runners.

Sprang pitched yesterday for OK St. vs Illinois. She pitched 5 INN and gave up 7 hits, 7 walks and 1 WP. She gave up 5 runs and got the win 10-6. Still giving up a ton of base runners.
Maybe that win will give her some much needed confidence. Have to feel that only one wild pitch is something!

Got our work cut out for us this coming weekend. Notre Dame over number three Washington and we play them first. Then comes number 21 Minnesota, number 23 James Madison, Utah, and number 1 in one poll Florida State. Notre Dame game on ESPNU, Minnesota and James Madison will be streamed online on ESPN3, and the Florida State game on ESPN2. Hopefully our pitching and hitting are for the challenge.

In the Notre Dame game we'll probably see Morgan Ryan who has a 1.11 era, their best hitter is batting .333 with two homers.

Got our work cut out for us this coming weekend. Notre Dame over number three Washington and we play them first. Then comes number 21 Minnesota, number 23 James Madison, Utah, and number 1 in one poll Florida State. Notre Dame game on ESPNU, Minnesota and James Madison will be streamed online on ESPN3, and the Florida State game on ESPN2. Hopefully our pitching and hitting are for the challenge.

In the Notre Dame game we'll probably see Morgan Ryan who has a 1.11 era, their best hitter is batting .333 with two homers.
Yep we will see where our pitching is and where our hitters are as well. Thanks!

Reactions: tim
Right now our third best pitcher has been the senior Moss. She is again susceptible to the long ball.

I probably wrong but did not all our top 3 pitchers give up the long ball? That is Mattys MO!
The only run Moss gave up was a solo homer and the only run Caylan gave up was a solo homer...... Rogers gave up two runs with a single, walk, and then sac bunt to advance runners to 3rd and 2nd ....Then gave up another single to score both runners on 2nd and 3rd.

Last edited:
The only run Moss gave up was a solo homer and the only run Caylan gave up was a solo homer...... Rogers gave up two runs with a single, walk, and then sac bunt to advance runners to 3rd and 2nd ....Then gave up another single to score both runners on 2nd and 3rd.
Thanks I should have looked it up !

Moss game up the one homer but it was almost three. Two caught right at the wall including the last out of the game which if five feet farther would've tied it. All Rogers gave up mostly in the five games were worm burning singles. I can't remember many ball getting out of the infield that were in the air. Arnold gave up a few hard hit long flies as well. The big worry is that none of these teams have very good hitters. I was hoping maybe more than any other pitcher Moss had come up with some spin, another pitch or something that wouldn't make her ball ride so far when hit. I guess we'll find out come SEC play hopefully not this coming weekend.

VN Store

Back