Tennessee Softball

He mentioned during the first game that Bearden had a grad school interview and wouldn't re-join the team until Saturday. Osburn was just cleared to practice, so I'd imagine it'll still be a couple of weeks before she's good to go.

Heard back in the fall that Lockman was taking a medical scholarship and is now technically a student assistant, though she's still listed on the roster. She was there, but not in uniform in the pregame video UT posted on Twitter:

Not sure on Weimer, but she was in uniform, at least based on the same pregame video.

Thanks DP! I did not hear about Bearden on the radio. I guess many of us had not heard about Abby on medical scholarship either. Again I appreciate your keeping us informed as always!!

Reactions: RollerVol
DeerPark are you a connected guy?

You always have great info, and most of the time, if not always, it is accurate.

Good job ....

Reactions: sccshortstop
Thanks DP! I did not hear about Bearden on the radio. I guess many of us had not heard about Abby on medical scholarship either. Again I appreciate your keeping us informed as always!!
I saw Abby pitch hit for one of the freshman in the game against coastal Carolina..... she flew out at the warning track.

Well I went back and watched the clip in the 4th and the player at I thought was Abby was wearing #8....... besides the number being different she looks and acts like Abby at the plate..... it fooled me!!

Last edited:
vs. UIC
Looks like game may start on time at 4:15 est

Double duty today watching Tennessee basketball play Florida while keeping an eye on this game. Temperature is down in the 50's second game may get in the 40's if they play it today.

SIDEARMLiveStats

UIC again hopefully we can get them in 5 innings again so we can get to Boston U.

Last edited:
vs. Florida

Looks like game may start on time at 4:15 est

Double duty today watching Tennessee basketball play Florida while keeping an eye on this game. Temperature is down in the 50's second game may get in the 40's if they play it today.

SIDEARMLiveStats

UIC again hopefully we can get them in 5 innings again so we can get to Boston U.
Yep going to try watch guys and listen to ladies!!

Reactions: Volfan2012
Vols dominate Gators now here we are Lady Vols softball 9 to 1 in the third. I am sure they are hoping for five think guy said it is 45 degrees.

I'm sure most who follow softball know this, but Rogers is going to be special here. I have seen her pitch at her lessons live and just wow. Kid has a cannon of an arm and she has been doing work in the tennessee valley. I know who taught her as well, and BR is one of the best instructors in Zthe southeast. Its gonna be a great next 4 years.

I'm sure most who follow softball know this, but Rogers is going to be special here. I have seen her pitch at her lessons live and just wow. Kid has a cannon of an arm and she has been doing work in the tennessee valley. I know who taught her as well, and BR is one of the best instructors in Zthe southeast. Its gonna be a great next 4 years.
Thanks for the info! Just to regress a little most of us die hard softball LVs fans thought last year with Gabby would would have our third pitcher. She had all the hype and rankings but just never came through. History does not make it happen but I hope Gabby Sprang has success at Okie state. With AR we should be pretty good this year but I am not sure of our hitting so we may not have the final record or the success we did last. Gregg will be missed. JMHO as always!!

Reactions: VFL13
Thanks for the info! Just to regress a little most of us die hard softball LVs fans thought last year with Gabby would would have our third pitcher. She had all the hype and rankings but just never came through. History does not make it happen but I hope Gabby Sprang has success at Okie state. With AR we should be pretty good this year but I am not sure of our hitting so we may not have the final record or the success we did last. Gregg will be missed. JMHO as always!!
Hoping that she does well also but early in the season she has a 5.06 era 7 walks and 3 strikeouts. 5.1 innings pitched given up 7 hits and hitters going for .292 against her. She also has one wild pitch. Looks like more of the same as here early hopefully she gets better as the season progresses.

#10Aubrey LeachSS
#13Amanda AyalaLF
#17Chelsea Seggern3B
#34Ally ShipmanC
#8Kaili PhillipsRF
#7Ashley Morgan1B
#11Haley BeardenDP
#16Savannah Huffstetler 2B
#2Jenna HolcombCF
#12Caylan ArnoldP

Haley in there again today after going 0 for 2 she did have a bases loaded walk for an RBI.

VN Store

Back