• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Tennessee Softball

Anybody that has been following the team the last three years knows that Bearden will be given every shot to make an appearance somewhere on the field or at DH. She has been given more opportunity that most players and hasn't done much. I was totally stunned as I guess so was the opposing team when she homered to win that game last season. It was her one and only maybe ever game winning hit.

Anybody that has been following the team the last three years knows that Bearden will be given every shot to make an appearance somewhere on the field or at DH. She has been given more opportunity that most players and hasn't done much. I was totally stunned as I guess so was the opposing team when she homered to win that game last season. It was her one and only maybe ever game winning hit.
She really has and for a big ole strong country girl she has a total of 1 HR in her career I think. If she has to play as a semi regular we are in trouble. I have followed and watched the LVs for longer than Ralph has been there and HB has had many a chance to nail down a spot. Just cant hit the ball or catch it with any regularity so I don't know how she has keep her scholly!

Two more coaches that underachieve with GOBS of talent. I'm still trying to figure out how you don't win a NC with Monica Abbott? When it comes to nut-cuttin' time, Ralph and Karen leave a lot to be desired. Of course this opinion won't be popular, but above average is good enough for UT... apparently.

Fahr the coaches.

Reactions: LA Vol
Tennessee Softball Position Preview: Outfielders - University of Tennessee Athletics

Ayala is the big name here need her to be vastly improved at least something around .350 average and a .380 obp. Holcomb is a slap hitter who had a good season all you can expect out of her is getting on first base a lot when she is up. She is not going to drive in any runs so you have to have someone that can drive her in close to her in the lineup. She is a terrific outfielder saved a lot of hits last season. I was comfortable when she was in there made some super catches. The rest of the names on the list not that impressive Bearden can't play the outfield think that would be a Horror movie. Batts, Hannon, and Poindexter have mostly been pinch hitters and runners for players like Bearden. I am thinking maybe Osborn or Pancini could get the third outfielder job. This outfield not gonna have much power hopefully they will all be efficient getting on base and players like Shipman, Morgan, and Seggern will drive them in. Ayala is the mystery player only two homers last season but she looked like she could develop into a power hitter so a lot of interest in how much she has improved.

The players I am really up on is Osborn think she could develop into a bigtime hitter. Shipman of course is another freshman we need to come up big. Also Phillips hit .735 as a senior how that relates to the bigtime yet to be seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrangenSC
Tennessee Softball Position Preview: Outfielders - University of Tennessee Athletics

Ayala is the big name here need her to be vastly improved at least something around .350 average and a .380 obp. Holcomb is a slap hitter who had a good season all you can expect out of her is getting on first base a lot when she is up. She is not going to drive in any runs so you have to have someone that can drive her in close to her in the lineup. She is a terrific outfielder saved a lot of hits last season. I was comfortable when she was in there made some super catches. The rest of the names on the list not that impressive Bearden can't play the outfield think that would be a Horror movie. Batts, Hannon, and Poindexter have mostly been pinch hitters and runners for players like Bearden. I am thinking maybe Osborn or Pancini could get the third outfielder job. This outfield not gonna have much power hopefully they will all be efficient getting on base and players like Shipman, Morgan, and Seggern will drive them in. Ayala is the mystery player only two homers last season but she looked like she could develop into a power hitter so a lot of interest in how much she has improved.

The players I am really up on is Osborn think she could develop into a bigtime hitter. Shipman of course is another freshman we need to come up big. Also Phillips hit .735 as a senior how that relates to the bigtime yet to be seen.
Yep and I would surmise that Abby will hit more HRs than in past years!!! Cant wait to see them hit and flash some leather as we used to say!!!!

Pretty sure Ralph and Karen want Osbron at SS. She had to rehab a broken leg, so hopefully, that won't set her back. If they're as good as expected, Osbron and Shipman could make a big impact as FR. And Rogers will give us the pitching depth we need.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Looks like some of the games will be broadcast if you have an paid account with CBS sports. The listings are on the Coastal Carolina softball website.

2019 Softball Schedule - Coastal Carolina University Athletics

The cost for a monthly subscription is 9.95

Otherwise will be able to follow the open games on gametracker only listed at this time on the Coastal Carolina site not yet showing on the Tennessee website.

Let's hope the coaches start early complaining about this Barnhill girl crow hopping....

She's on a YouTube video showing how to pitch and she crow hops every pitch.....

Reactions: Rixxx and lvocd
Let's hope the coaches start early complaining about this Barnhill girl crow hopping....

She's on a YouTube video showing how to pitch and she crow hops every pitch.....

It blows my mind that she has gotten this far in her career without being forced to fix that. If a high school ump would have called her on it way back in the day, she would have been forced to stop. I really don't know why umps choose to ignore that rule.

Umpires in the tournament were enforcing the rules re: "slappers". Do any of you long term fans think that slapping will disappear? Just curious.
Short answer is no. Way to many slappers in youth and at the high school level...it's here to stay.

Slappers will have to adjust and stay in the batters box. I don't see that as something that they shouldn't have been doing all along. Just as concerning to me is how they are letting pitchers step out of the pitchers box or get leverage with a flying leap off the ground push. This needs to be policed just as effectively as they are doing the slappers for hitting out of the box.

Reactions: Rixxx
Slappers will have to adjust and stay in the batters box. I don't see that as something that they shouldn't have been doing all along. Just as concerning to me is how they are letting pitchers step out of the pitchers box or get leverage with a flying leap off the ground push. This needs to be policed just as effectively as they are doing the slappers for hitting out of the box.
If they have allowed Barnwell to pitch the last 3 years like she has there will be no changes in the pitching department. Something as blatant as that not called leaves the flying leap miniscule.

Parsons is the new shortstop, Phillips in right field, as expected Shipman catching, and Ayala is the cleanup hitter. Huffstetler is the DH. Ashley Rogers to start today's first game. A lot of changes first game ready to start.

VN Store

Back