Tennessee Softball

Just play the freshmen when they get well Osborn and Phillips. Bearden and Huffstetler can sit don't think either are going to help us with their hitting. Pacini may eventually be a good hitter as well this year she has looked both good and bad which will happen to freshmen.

You can't be serious? 1. She deserves to be in the lineup. 2. It's ridiculously early in the season to be making such ridiculously negative judgments. 3. Even if she doesn't belong in the lineup, this is the time of year to find out.
This was her MO last year as well and fellow or fellowette you can have your opinion as well

Next game not televised against Utah another tough team. We need that game to get back on the winning track.

She had a powerful bat in high school we'll see when she is ready to play.
She came from the same high school as Scarlette McSwain in Paris Tn. Her father was the softball coach there and he left when his daughter graduated and now SM is the head softball coach!

Great game by them four homers today didn't see that coming overall they are a weak hitting team that depends on pitching.

Reactions: LA Vol
Lot to learn from and work on after this game. Several preseason concerns seem valid. We're going to miss Gregg bigtime and have no seamless replacement for her, offensively or defensively. The player we hoped could take her place has been hurt for months and is now hurt again, so we don't really know how quickly she'll be able to contribute. And our pitchers are susceptible to HRs. Leach, Ayala and Seggern look stellar and Shipman is going to be a good player for us-- but there's a lot to figure out before SEC play.

We needed at great pitching performance today to have a chance. One coach tweeted last night that she could not believe their pitcher was not on the national squad and Karen retweeted and agreed. She is a stud. JMU is a team you do not want to see in a regional.

I met Kiki Milloy and her father at the mall today. They hollered at me as I was decked out in orange as usual. Nice folks. Kiki sure looks the part.

/cool story bro
From all indications Kiki will greatly improve our team!! Quality family who left the left coast to be LVs!

Reactions: BartW
Kentucky who had lost several games in the tourney lit up James Madison today as they went with another pitcher. We always get their best pitcher on a bad day for ours.

Were the road team today against Florida State. They have a tremendous offense so it could get away from us quickly if pitchers are having bad day like James Madison. This team can hit from top to bottom 9 and 0 coming into the game last game 17 to 6 over Minnesota, 9 to 1 over LSU, 7 to 4 over Oklahoma. Will take a huge effort let's see what we got.

Kentucky who had lost several games in the tourney lit up James Madison today as they went with another pitcher. We always get their best pitcher on a bad day for ours.
I was suspecting that our hitting was going to slow down against JMs Good. What is not encouraging is that our pitchers basically got lit up with the long ball and gave up a total of 8 hits. Matty has always gave up the HR and when we ( Ralph) lets her continue to pitch and two HRs it is mindboggling! We had the same problem with a hitter last year with TAM and Ky i think where he continued to pitch to them. We got 3 hits and look inadequate at the plate. JMHO as always.

VN Store

Back