Tennessee Rugby won the national title

That would be awesome if it counted as a recognized NCAA title

Sure...but in my mind...Rugby is a more respectable sport than Mens "Communist Kickball"

giphy.gif

Tennessee’s 2021 rugby schedule
  • Sept. 4 at Ohio State (W, 30-23)
  • Sept. 5 at Cincinnati (W, 22-0)
  • Sept. 18 at Kennesaw State (forfeit awarded to UT)
  • Oct. 2 vs. Kentucky (W, 22-15)
  • Oct. 16 vs. Clemson (W, 41-25)
  • Oct. 22 at Alabama (W, 51-0)
  • Oct. 30 at South Carolina (W, 45-0)
  • Nov. 6 vs. Georgia (W, 67-7)
  • Nov. 13 vs. Georgia (W, 33-9) *SCRC semifinal
  • Nov. 20 vs. Clemson (W, 26-17) *SCRC championship
  • Dec. 4 vs. Bowling Green (W, 36-31 ) *Division-I Collegiate Club Rugby Championship

It’s not recognized. Just like the ice hockey team it’s a club sport not a real one
When I was a freshman back when dinosaurs roamed the earth... I thought about trying out for the rugby 'club'. I didn't know a damned thing about it only that it was a sport and there was some contact and they liked beer. Then I learned how it was football without any pads. And the kicker is that if you turn your back to someone, and pitch the ball they aren't supposed to hit you. While I sucked in physics, I understood that that was not to my advantage. So I didn't hang around.

It is a collision sport.

They are tough.

Congrats to the Big Orange Scrummers.

When I was a freshman back when dinosaurs roamed the earth... I thought about trying out for the rugby 'club'. I didn't know a damned thing about it only that it was a sport and there was some contact and they liked beer. Then I learned how it was football without any pads. And the kicker is that if you turn your back to someone, and pitch the ball they aren't supposed to hit you. While I sucked in physics, I understood that that was not to my advantage. So I didn't hang around.

It is a collision sport.

They are tough.

Didn’t say they weren’t tough

It is a collision sport.

They are tough.

When I was a freshman, rugby hadn't been invented.

VN Store

Back