Tennessee Rugby won the national title

As a former vol, and now a rugger of the past 10 years, this is such a good thing for the smaller/ club level sports. Rugby is quickly growing in the USA and more and more athletes from HS level who may not be good enough for NCAA football or other sports can build the future of this sport in America. Always good to see the Vols win, no matter the sport or level!

ftsandersvol

Enjoy watching rugby while channel surfing but really don’t watch long enough to understand the rules. I just know the players are tough as hell.
Congratulations to this team.
Don't feel too bad. I actually played the game for 26 years, and I still don't know all the laws ( no rules, only laws). I knew the basics, but if I needed to do something, i.e., go for a loose ball, stop someone from scoring, etc., I just did it and hoped I didn't hear a whistle. I just recently found out my bread-and-butter defensive play is now considered illegal.

TJVol95

Formerly vol-un-tear
Tyler and Pledger 94 Rugby Vols would sit at the lap begging for the football player to cross them. They could hold their own on any 6 dudes! Fun times!!

Omar V Tinko

We’ve been a rugby school for a long time. The Rugby team at UT has over 1,000 wins and has consistently been one of the top teams in the region and the country.

VN Store