Tennessee Rugby won the national title

The Rugby teams has won 3 straight SEC titles and competing for a 2nd straight national title....does anyone know who I can email in the athletic department to get these guys recognized? They need to be trotted out to mid court at Thompson Bowling at least
Heck those Rugby guys are tough as pine knots. I'd like to have a few on the football team. Maybe make a fullback or nose tackle with one of them.

Reactions: MAD
The Rugby teams has won 3 straight SEC titles and competing for a 2nd straight national title....does anyone know who I can email in the athletic department to get these guys recognized? They need to be trotted out to mid court at Thompson Bowling at least
They aren’t part of the AD. Just stop with this nonsense. It’s like recognizing a frat intramural team

They aren’t part of the AD. Just stop with this nonsense. It’s like recognizing a frat intramural team

Tennessee Rugby is not part of the AD.
Comparing them to a frat of intramural team is off base.
The team awards multiple scholarships each year for players.
Has paid coaching and staff
Recruits nationally
Has academic standards that players must adhere to the keep eligibility
The competitions and leagues have a governing body that is outside of the NCAA
Years ago, years and years. It was closer to intramural and still is at some schools. At UT and most of the teams they play against, that’s just not the case anymore.

Tennessee Rugby is not part of the AD.
Comparing them to a frat of intramural team is off base.
The team awards multiple scholarships each year for players.
Has paid coaching and staff
Recruits nationally
Has academic standards that players must adhere to the keep eligibility
The competitions and leagues have a governing body that is outside of the NCAA
Years ago, years and years. It was closer to intramural and still is at some schools. At UT and most of the teams they play against, that’s just not the case anymore.
This.....not saying build these guys a statue or anything, but they could bring them out during a timeout at a basketball game or something to acknowledge them.

VN Store

Back