Tennessee lands Justin Powell

Santi shot better overall and from 3. Had a much better assist to turnover ratio. Defended a lot better than his freshman year. People have gotten WAY too down on him
Santi is our best free throw shooter... a good off ball defender and shot close to 37% from three, many of which were desperation shots to beat shot clock.
he will never be a great on ball defender but he can improve his 3 pt % to over 40% and reduce turnovers and he will be one of best 6th men in country...

Reactions: xtremevolfan
He played with a flash/flair when he first got here. He played scared this year with the ball as far as facilitating. He also seemed to shy away from the floater he showed the year before.

He scored 2 less points a game (expected) the assists dropped, and he shot 1% better in each shooting statistic.
The flair you’re referring to is simply because he was brand new and came into our program and nobody had any clue what to expect, he was the flashy new toy, we knew what to expect this year. He took fewer shots, which leads to fewer points scored, simply because we had more options on this years team and that was the right way to play.

You failed to mention his turnovers were cut in half and his rebounds went up?

Totally different, we got rid of the whole staff whereas Auburn kept there’s and fired one person while putting a bandaid over it with a self imposed tourney ban. Tennessee should look better in this scenario from a common sense perspective
Since when has the NCAA had any common sense?

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
Someone convince me this is a god pick up...im concerned for the simple fact that other then Memphis, USA, and St. Joes. His 3pt % was 22% doesnt scream shooter....basically 1 of 4 in the rest of his games...

Someone convince me this is a god pick up...im concerned for the simple fact that other then Memphis, USA, and St. Joes. His 3pt % was 22% doesnt scream shooter....basically 1 of 4 in the rest of his games...
He was fairly sought after out of high school and somebody on here even said they saw him pop up on some mock drafts before he got hurt, so that may ease your concern that those games were just flukes

So you want to remove 30% of the games he played in?
Not remove..just don't evaluate a player on 30% of games...lets see does it make more sense to evaluate a player on 70% of games or 30% ???
He was fairly sought after out of high school and somebody on here even said they saw him pop up on some mock drafts before he got hurt, so that may ease your concern that those games were just flukes
I get that. I just dont see the shooter that everyone claims....heres to hoping that those 3 games are the norm and not the exceptions..

Not remove..just don't evaluate a player on 30% of games...lets see does it make more sense to evaluate a player on 70% of games or 30% ???

I get that. I just dont see the shooter that everyone claims....heres to hoping that those 3 games are the norm and not the exceptions..
I mean, why not 100%?

Memphis had #1 defensive efficiency in the country this year.

He is incredibly more well-rounded as a player than VBJr, though. He is a much better passer, ball-handler, and rebounder.
He game reminds me of JJJ. With a little more aggressiveness...hopefully he develops into the shooter we need..but Lofton he is not

Im thinking 100%, but what do I know...you can probably look at every “good shooter”‘across America, remove 30% of their best games and their numbers won’t look as good 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well he shot 55% from 3 in EYBL so I’m guessing not a fluke

Im thinking 100%, but what do I know...you can probably look at every “good shooter”‘across America, remove 30% of their best games and their numbers won’t look as good 🤷🏻‍♂️
maybe name one a lets see
Well he shot 55% from 3 in EYBL so I’m guessing not a fluke
thats encouraging.....
Well Lofton’s one of the best 3pt shooter in the history of college basketball, so yea, probably not quite that level...seems like kinda unrealistic expectations.
Many on here believe he is the shooter we have been missing..his stats don't show it...

maybe name one a lets see

Literally anyone...remove their best games and their numbers go down, pretty simply math. But since you’d like an example...Corey Kispert who many consider one of the best in the country and plays for the #1 team in the country, remove 30% of his best games and he goes from a 44% 3pt shooter to a 34% 3pt shooter.

Many on here believe he is the shooter we have been missing..his stats don't show it...

His stats show an elite level 3pt shooter

Literally anyone...remove their best games and their numbers go down, pretty simply math. But since you’d like an example...Corey Kispert who many consider one of the best in the country and plays for the #1 team in the country, remove 30% of his best games and he goes from a 44% 3pt shooter to a 34% 3pt shooter.

His stats show an elite level 3pt shooter
Your comparing a 10% drop in 3pt% to a 50% drop...i know this is your forum and you bring a lot of great insight...im just going to wait and see before praising him like other do..

VN Store

Back