Tennessee Lady Vol News

Gosh how I hope the team gets this road win. Coach Curry -- great coach IMO -- will have her players ready for bear, and they will be relentless. Tennessee absolutely cannot afford to play from behind the whole game because Alabama could wear them out mentally with that relentlessness.

I will feel MUCH better about the next few games if we can get the win in Tuscaloosa. Fingers crossed!

Still in the last four byes dropped three positions to the last bye team. So win over Arkansas may move us up a couple spot and still seven spots in the tourney. SC next won't affect it much even if we lose. Then Vandy fairly huge game for us could push us up to 9 seed. Back home LSU and A&M need one of them then on the road to SC won't matter were in if we win three and maybe if we win two and a tourney game.

Bama boosted up to a ten seed by winning, but they have SC next so they are still in the same pile of SEC teams as we are. Tennessee, Texas A&M, Auburn, Alabama, Vanderbilt, and just barely Arkansas and Florida vying for three spots in the tourney. SC and LSU are in and Ole Miss and MIss St if they don't totally collapse. Missouri, Georgia, Kentucky are out.

🥲🥹 on Twitter! Are we here yet? 🥴
View attachment 618802
I know it's a joke, but that's not where we're headed. Never will be. ODU and La Tech are tiny private schools who were headed for the dust bin the minute big schools with big money started taking interest in WBB. Where we seem to really be heading is mid pack SEC, which isn't a ton better, but not completely in the dustbin.

I know it's a joke, but that's not where we're headed. Never will be. ODU and La Tech are tiny private schools who were headed for the dust bin the minute big schools with big money started taking interest in WBB. Where we seem to really be heading is mid pack SEC, which isn't a ton better, but not completely in the dustbin.
Exactly. I've never understood the ODU and La Tech comparisons. Being an SEC school will always allow for the possibility of turning things around to being an elite program again. A better comparison would be something like a Southern Cal, who was at the top of the sport in the 80's (and somewhat in the early 90's), and has now shown that a combo of being in a P5 conference, having a decent coach, getting a top recruit, and a strong NIL system can help you turn things around VERY quickly. Between 1997-98 and 2021-22 (25 seasons), they made the NCAA tournament 3 times. With Gottlieb and their NIL, they look like they'll be in the NCAA tournament annually, at minimum, if not competing for conference titles (soon to be in the Big 10) and Final Fours.

We are tied for second place in conference, with LSU and MS ST.​

2023-24 Southeastern Conference Standings​

TEAMCONFGBOVR
South Carolina10-0-22-0
LSU7-3320-4
Mississippi State7-3320-5
Tennessee7-3314-8
Alabama6-4419-6
Ole Miss6-4416-7
Arkansas5-5517-8
Texas A&M4-55.516
Positioning within the conference is not a determining factor of making the tournament or of seeding. In Cuonzo Martin’s first year, the UT men finished tied for 2nd in the SEC and still didn’t get in.

We are tied for second place in conference, with LSU and MS ST.​

2023-24 Southeastern Conference Standings​

TEAMCONFGBOVR
South Carolina10-0-22-0
LSU7-3320-4
Mississippi State7-3320-5
Tennessee7-3314-8
Alabama6-4419-6
Ole Miss6-4416-7
Arkansas5-5517-8
Texas A&M4-55.516
imo we are most likely to finsh 5th, just outside the bye. We're likely, hopefully to finish 10-6. We have the head to head adv over Miss St (7-3), but Ole Miss and Ala (both 6-4) have it against us. So 2 of the 3 of them would need to lose 3 more SEC games to put us in contention for a first round bye.

I've said before, I'm not sure 5th wouldn't actually be better. Assuming we don't flame out early (which would pretty def start a coach search) a couple of extra wins, say 19-11, might help with NCAA. Most of all, this has already been a dismal, disappointing season and the last thing I want is to get curb stomped by SC 3 times in a couple of weeks, which is the likely outcome of the 4th seed. 5th seed would be in LSU's bracket.

imo we are most likely to finsh 5th, just outside the bye. We're likely, hopefully to finish 10-6. We have the head to head adv over Miss St (7-3), but Ole Miss and Ala (both 6-4) have it against us. So 2 of the 3 of them would need to lose 3 more SEC games to put us in contention for a first round bye.

I've said before, I'm not sure 5th wouldn't actually be better. Assuming we don't flame out early (which would pretty def start a coach search) a couple of extra wins, say 19-11, might help with NCAA. Most of all, this has already been a dismal, disappointing season and the last thing I want is to get curb stomped by SC 3 times in a couple of weeks, which is the likely outcome of the 4th seed. 5th seed would be in LSU's bracket.
Wouldn't being the 5th seed still set up another matchup with South Carolina? We would first get the winner of 12 vs. 13 (maybe Kentucky, Missouri, or Georgia), then go against the No. 4 seed (say Mississippi St. again - who would be rested and playing for revenge), and if we won that, then likely a matchup with the No. 1 seed (South Carolina).

Reactions: Volfan2012

VN Store

Back