Tennessee Lady Vol News

He was discussing what LSU had to do in the next round against South Carolina to secure their number one seed without any regard to Tennessee and then even after that win thought we were more of a 6 seed seed and North Carolina a 4. The guy is either a "pot stirrer" or just clueless. I tend to lean toward the latter.

Over the years it’s just seemed to me like he’s a huge UCONN fan and Geno fan girl. He usually can’t shut up about them.

I’ve always felt he was way off base and sounds like he doesn’t actually watch many women’s games outside of who UCONN is playing. Mostly clueless when he discuss a lot of teams if you’ve been following them all season.

Last edited:
Man, Creme does have a deep and abiding hate for all things Tennessee. This anti Vol conspriacy is not imagined. But he may be half right. Maybe Amoore does get more buckets than Rickea. But that may also mean we win easily because lots of LVs are filling it up. We have lots of weapons, more than Va Tech. Or, Rickea could find her spots and go off on them for points. I'm sure she'll add rebounds, assists, etc.

Most buckets doesn't mean anyone is a better or worse player, and I'll still take Rickea.

I don't think anyone needs more motivation, or any kind of revenge. I just want them calm, playing within themselves, and concentrating on doing what they do best.
What they fell to realize rickea is a easy 15 points a game just stepping on the court with being said if she wouldve played that night again v tech it would hve been a double digit win for us he need to chill out lol people dnt watch the games just tlk to be tlking

Reactions: LadyVol1908
Strip has really stepped up her game this year….she is gonna be a good one. If I remember right, @Coach Jumper called this one with her, he was right. I was way wrong on her. CJ, send me a crow plate, I need to eat it.
Nah hold off before you dive into the crow. They were calling a Strip a frosh All-American, an immediate game changer. The dog just caught the car on this one.

I said yesterday Strip is the team's Most Improved. Is getting every ounce out what she currently has and you can see she has more. I'm sending her to another summer of intense strength and fitness training while keeping the shot sharp. She's going to be a very solid SEC player next yr.

You guys been watching Jim Bob's tourney Dadcumentary? Essential part of LV March Madness, some really funny ones last year. I'm sure he'll get em cranked up once they get to Seattle.

Man, Creme does have a deep and abiding hate for all things Tennessee. This anti Vol conspriacy is not imagined. But he may be half right. Maybe Amoore does get more buckets than Rickea. But that may also mean we win easily because lots of LVs are filling it up. We have lots of weapons, more than Va Tech. Or, Rickea could find her spots and go off on them for points. I'm sure she'll add rebounds, assists, etc.

Most buckets doesn't mean anyone is a better or worse player, and I'll still take Rickea.

I don't think anyone needs more motivation, or any kind of revenge. I just want them calm, playing within themselves, and concentrating on doing what they do best.
I would be beside myself if we could get 5 into double digits in this game as we did against Toledo. VT wouldn't know what hit them. I have been noticing a lot more assists coming from the post players meaning our guards are cutting harder and making layups and/or knocking down shots when the ball is passed back out. That sure does make the offense a lot tougher to guard. We did not see that earlier in the year. Rickea has 8 assists alone in the last 3 games and was averaging just over one a game. Both Karolyn and Jill have also been showing an increase in that stat as of late.

Nah hold off before you dive into the crow. They were calling a Strip a frosh All-American, an immediate game changer. The dog just caught the car on this one.

I said yesterday Strip is the team's Most Improved. Is getting every ounce out what she currently has and you can see she has more. I'm sending her to another summer of intense strength and fitness training while keeping the shot sharp. She's going to be a very solid SEC player next yr.

You guys been watching Jim Bob's tourney Dadcumentary? Essential part of LV March Madness, some really funny ones last year. I'm sure he'll get em cranked up once they get to Seattle.

JimBob Dad! Only way to have a cooler name is if he worked Cooter in there somewhere…

Last edited:
I would be beside myself if we could get 5 into double digits in this game as we did against Toledo. VT wouldn't know what hit them. I have been noticing a lot more assists coming from the post players meaning our guards are cutting harder and making layups and/or knocking down shots when the ball is passed back out. That sure does make the offense a lot tougher to guard. We did not see that earlier in the year. Rickea has 8 assists alone in the last 3 games and was averaging just over one a game. Both Karolyn and Jill have also been showing an increase in that stat as of late.

Ooooh, me too! But man, hoping for five double-digit scorers in a game against a #1 seed may be asking too much. lol Would sure love to see it, though.

As long as we finish the game with at least one more point than VT, I'm good. Amiright?!

Jordan has until the 28th of March to declare for the WNBA draft. The date to declare is March 27th but you have 48 hours after your team leaves the NCAA tourney. Since we played on March 25th she has two more days which means she has to declare by the 28th of March.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Jordan has until the 28th of March to declare for the WNBA draft. The date to declare is March 27th but you have 48 hours after your team leaves the NCAA tourney. Since we played on March 25th she has two more days which means she has to declare by the 28th of March.
I'm curious if JH actually hasn't made a decision or just hasn't announced it. The coaches need to know bc tomorrow morning they need to get on recruiting the portal. If JH hasn't made the decision, IMO that's a very bad decision. Of all players on Earth, Jordy least needs a major life decision hanging over her mentality approaching a big game. Not sure why Jordy couldn't do what Kea did, the common sense route of getting it out there early so it's not a distraction. LOL Jordy and decision making, a career long struggle.

Powell's decision is also very important IMO. We need another good PG who's taller, who's quick, and can shoot the dadgummit 3. If Jordy leaves we need 2 of them. But it's important to have Powell's knowledge of the team and the system to split time with the newbie. I thought Powell had a good tourney and showed what she can do. Sure hope she comes back

I'm curious if JH actually hasn't made a decision or just hasn't announced it. The coaches need to know bc tomorrow morning they need to get on recruiting the portal. If JH hasn't made the decision, IMO that's a very bad decision. Of all players on Earth, Jordy least needs a major life decision hanging over her mentality approaching a big game. Not sure why Jordy couldn't do what Kea did, the common sense route of getting it out there early so it's not a distraction. LOL Jordy and decision making, a career long struggle.

Powell's decision is also very important IMO. We need another good PG who's taller, who's quick, and can shoot the dadgummit 3. If Jordy leaves we need 2 of them. But it's important to have Powell's knowledge of the team and the system to split time with the newbie. I thought Powell had a good tourney and showed what she can do. Sure hope she comes back

I think Horston has made her decision for sure. I’ll be shocked if she’s not returning. Something about her last game at TBA did not seem like her last. Especially after the game. Walker and Franklin were definitely emotional and you could tell it would be their last. Jordy seemed pretty chill and the team wasn’t fawning over it being her last game in the locker room like the others.

Could have been playing it cool because she “hadn’t decided.” But she’s more emotional than that, whether she likes it or not lol, she wears her heart on her sleeve. Let’s run it back ladies!

Last edited:
Could have been playing it cool because she “hadn’t decided.” But she’s more emotional than that, whether she likes it or not lol, she wears her heart on her sleeve.
And wore it right there yesterday, yet again, in a big important game where we desperately needed her dialed in. The eternal Jordy puzzle. Knowing that history, not going ahead w the decision before the tourney like RJ did seems a big mistake.

I'm not convinced JH can ever get over the head hump here. The history is too locked in. If she does come back, I want her summer spent in close contact with the team sports physcologist. It's just too painful to watch the JH movie over and over and over.

And wore it right there yesterday, yet again, in a big important game where we desperately needed her dialed in. The eternal Jordy puzzle. Knowing that history, not going ahead w the decision before the tourney like RJ did seems a big mistake.

I'm not convinced JH can ever get over the head hump here. The history is too locked in. If she does come back, I want her summer spent in close contact with the team sports physcologist. It's just too painful to watch the JH movie over and over and over.

Yeah the only this left for her to work on is her mental focus and consistency. Rae Burrell had similar issues and really blossomed. Horston has shown she can improve her play and did in a big way this season. Now she needs to improve the mental aspects of the game.

I think coaching some junior teams would be excellent for her this summer. Force her to see things from a different perspective.

Yeah the only this left for her to work on is her mental focus and consistency. Rae Burrell had similar issues and really blossomed. Horston has shown she can improve her play and did in a big way this season. Now she needs to improve the mental aspects of the game.

I think coaching some junior teams would be excellent for her this summer. Force her to see things from a different perspective.
Only thing about this is I'm sure the mental has been an ongoing focus for JH throughout her career. When the team physcologist got introduced at at game this year, I'm pretty sure Jordy said "Oh hi Mom!" That's why I say I'm not sure it can change w/o a change of scenery and change of role for her.

Reactions: VolBall09
Looking at HHS, and this year's team had:
  • The best offensive rating since 2013-14
  • The best offensive rating in NCAA tournament play since 2010-11
  • The worst defensive rating under KJH, but still better than 2 out of the last 3 Warlick teams
  • The best defensive rating in NCAA tournament play since at least before 2009-10 (that's as far back as HHS goes)
  • The most points per game since 2017-18
  • The most points per game in SEC play since 2013-14
  • The most points per shot attempt since 2017-18
  • The best FG% since 2017-18
  • The best 2pt. FG% since 2010-11
  • The best 3pt. FG% since 2019-20 (we haven't really had a great 3pt. shooting team since 2013-14)
  • The best EFG% since 2013-14
  • The best FT% since 2016-17
  • The most assists per game in SEC play since at least before 2009-10
  • The fewest TOs per game since 2016-17
  • The lowest TO% since 2016-17
  • The best A/TO ratio since 2016-17
  • The lowest block rate and highest foul rate since 2018-19 (pre-Tamari Key :()
  • The highest opponent FG% and 2pt. FG% since 2018-19 (...also pre-Tamari)
So much trending in the right direction. Having Key back will make a huge difference defensively. Offensively, 3pt. shooting seems to be the biggest area for improvement. Hope that we get someone from the portal to help with that, plus internal development with Pissott, and I think Powell and Puckett can improve to shoot in the mid-30s %. Rickea also started to show some confidence from 3 down the stretch.

I am not sure why we would need a taller point guard. All 5-6 of Georgia Amoore had no problem dropping 29 on us.

I am not sure why we would need a taller point guard. All 5-6 of Georgia Amoore had no problem dropping 29 on us.
Don't need an offense only big scorer. Need reliable high 30 to 40% 3 pt shooting, quickness, and good defender. That's where the height comes in. Powell is very short, a taller gives us some variety and length on D unlike this year

Looking at HHS, and this year's team had:
  • The best offensive rating since 2013-14
  • The best offensive rating in NCAA tournament play since 2010-11
  • The worst defensive rating under KJH, but still better than 2 out of the last 3 Warlick teams
  • The best defensive rating in NCAA tournament play since at least before 2009-10 (that's as far back as HHS goes)
  • The most points per game since 2017-18
  • The most points per game in SEC play since 2013-14
  • The most points per shot attempt since 2017-18
  • The best FG% since 2017-18
  • The best 2pt. FG% since 2010-11
  • The best 3pt. FG% since 2019-20 (we haven't really had a great 3pt. shooting team since 2013-14)
  • The best EFG% since 2013-14
  • The best FT% since 2016-17
  • The most assists per game in SEC play since at least before 2009-10
  • The fewest TOs per game since 2016-17
  • The lowest TO% since 2016-17
  • The best A/TO ratio since 2016-17
  • The lowest block rate and highest foul rate since 2018-19 (pre-Tamari Key :()
  • The highest opponent FG% and 2pt. FG% since 2018-19 (...also pre-Tamari)
So much trending in the right direction. Having Key back will make a huge difference defensively. Offensively, 3pt. shooting seems to be the biggest area for improvement. Hope that we get someone from the portal to help with that, plus internal development with Pissott, and I think Powell and Puckett can improve to shoot in the mid-30s %. Rickea also started to show some confidence from 3 down the stretch.
all that is very pretty, but it i sn't beating the teams we have to beat to take the next step
I'm not saying we moved backwards, but I am saying we didn't move forward where it counts

all that is very pretty, but it i sn't beating the teams we have to beat to take the next step
I'm not saying we moved backwards, but I am saying we didn't move forward where it counts

We made it to the SEC Tournament final for the first time since 2015 and made back-to-back Sweet 16s for the first time since 2015-16. I'd say those are also positive steps forward. Though the overall record against ranked teams was bad this year, we beat a top 5 team for the first time in 2 years. We went 3-7 against this year's Sweet 16 teams, compared to 1-3 against last year's Sweet 16 teams, and 2-3 against the 2020-21 Sweet 16 teams.

We made it to the SEC Tournament final for the first time since 2015 and made back-to-back Sweet 16s for the first time since 2015-16. I'd say those are also positive steps forward. Though the overall record against ranked teams was bad this year, we beat a top 5 team for the first time in 2 years. We went 3-7 against this year's Sweet 16 teams, compared to 1-3 against last year's Sweet 16 teams, and 2-3 against the 2020-21 Sweet 16 teams.
so, you're saying the progress is favorable

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I think Horston has made her decision for sure. I’ll be shocked if she’s not returning. Something about her last game at TBA did not seem like her last. Especially after the game. Walker and Franklin were definitely emotional and you could tell it would be their last. Jordy seemed pretty chill and the team wasn’t fawning over it being her last game in the locker room like the others.

Could have been playing it cool because she “hadn’t decided.” But she’s more emotional than that, whether she likes it or not lol, she wears her heart on her sleeve. Let’s run it back ladies!

Yea i dnt think shes leaving either and after yesterday game she needs not to and not because shes not talented we all know she is but hone in on her craft without the pressure of the real world.....POINT GUARD needs to be addressed immediately this offseason..or someone with size that can create their own shot n for others

VN Store

Back