Tennessee Lady Vol News

Still thought it was a great crowd! Everyone was really engaged and into the game. One of the louder crowds this season 11 3 balls will do that for you though. That’s really the ticket seller in women’s college basketball.

Clark does a lot of things, but Carver Hawkeye is packed for every game to watch her shoot 3s from the logo.

Really felt like the committee did a great job with the host schools this season. Really nice crowd at almost every venue in the first two rounds. Usually there are a lot of empty seats in the first couple rounds.

I’m a fan of going to two regional sites and would honestly just prefer if they went to one common location for the Sweet 16 on. Levels the playing field, increases the crowd size and provides a unique opportunity for networking in the NIL era.

How great for business and sponsors to have all top 16 teams in one place?
small but loud

I like the idea of that, too, but I don't know how the logistics of that would work out. It would have to be a four-day event instead of two, wouldn't it?

I’m an idea man. Those details are beyond me lmao

But my best guess is it would be almost a 10 day trip for the teams if you have a common site from Sweet 16 on.

Would play Sweet 16 Games Monday/Tuesday

Elite Eight Thursday

Final Four Saturday

Championship game on Sunday

Would cut down on all the travel for teams and limit illness and reduce cost. Instead of having to make two big trips if you make the Final Four it’s only one. Would also mean the NCAA could put all the money they use for two regional sites and one Final Four site toward one super experience at a single site.

Reactions: lvocd
I’m an idea man. Those details are beyond me lmao

But my best guess is it would be almost a 10 day trip for the teams if you have a common site from Sweet 16 on.

Would play Sweet 16 Games Monday/Tuesday

Elite Eight Thursday

Final Four Saturday

Championship game on Sunday

Would cut down on all the travel for teams and limit illness and reduce cost. Instead of having to make two big trips if you make the Final Four it’s only one. Would also mean the NCAA could put all the money they use for two regional sites and one Final Four site toward one super experience at a single site.

Oh, okay. I thought you were talking about just the next round. Yeah, the whole thing from S16 to the final would be a bear of an event. But wow. How cool would that be for the city that hosted it?! But then, how many cities could even handle an event that big and all the people it would bring to it needing facilities?

Oh, okay. I thought you were talking about just the next round. Yeah, the whole thing from S16 to the final would be a bear of an event. But wow. How cool would that be for the city that hosted it?! But then, how many cities could even handle an event that big and all the people it would bring to it needing facilities?

I don’t think it would be much of an issue for most major cities!

Places like Vegas and New Orleans frequently host conferences with 10s of thousands of attendees.

Half of those teams would be gone pretty quickly as well.

I don’t think it would be much of an issue for most major cities!

Places like Vegas and New Orleans frequently host conferences with 10s of thousands of attendees.

Half of those teams would be gone pretty quickly as well.

I guess the most obvious downside is that it would cut way down on the number of cities that could handle it, leaving a lot of good and deserving places out of their chances.

But for the teams it sure would be easier.

RJ is 9th, and Jordan 16th. Behind some of those they're behind?

Whatever. There's been sketicism and underranking about everything LV this year, understandably. Also, scoring numbers rule in these things and RJ didn't need to score as much the first two games. Also she's an unknown quantity in the NCAA tourney.

We'll need both RJ and JH on top of their games to beat Va Tech. Rankings will straighten themselves out.

I'll be surprised if Jordan Walker doesn't end up on Kellie's staff within the next couple of yrs. Perhaps use the MBA in the NIL coordinator role?

Me too! I would pretty much bet the farm on Walker being employed by the University of Tennessee in some capacity in the not-too-distant future. And she will be an excellent hire.

Just posted in another thread. Deserves to be here twice. Culturally, we are blessed.

I'll be surprised if Jordan Walker doesn't end up on Kellie's staff within the next couple of yrs. Perhaps use the MBA in the NIL coordinator role?
She’s going to make us proud for sure but given her masters degrees I feel like she is focused on the business world. Wonder what she got her MBA in?

She’s going to make us proud for sure but given her masters degrees I feel like she is focused on the business world. Wonder what she got her MBA in?[/QUOT

@Lucy when I got my MBA several years ago from SIU it was not specialized. Of course that may have changed. MBA is a difficult road of calculus, finance, statistics, accounting, marketing and mangement. I agree that Walker would be an asset for lady Vol's program.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
When I got mine you picked an area of emphasis. Mine was corporate finance. I hated marketing. I could not sell ice in the Sahara!
This is supposed to be a response to aladywhovolunteer but it didn’t attach. Weird.

Still thought it was a great crowd! Everyone was really engaged and into the game. One of the louder crowds this season 11 3 balls will do that for you though. That’s really the ticket seller in women’s college basketball.

Clark does a lot of things, but Carver Hawkeye is packed for every game to watch her shoot 3s from the logo.

Really felt like the committee did a great job with the host schools this season. Really nice crowd at almost every venue in the first two rounds. Usually there are a lot of empty seats in the first couple rounds.

I’m a fan of going to two regional sites and would honestly just prefer if they went to one common location for the Sweet 16 on. Levels the playing field, increases the crowd size and provides a unique opportunity for networking in the NIL era.

How great for business and sponsors to have all top 16 teams in one place?
Haven’t thought on this 09 but I suspect you are right in your thoughts.

Reactions: VolBall09

VN Store

Back