Tennessee-Bowling Green Season Opener to be on Thursday Night at 8PM

I hope we get lots of HS studs watching this game and they fall in love with what we're doing.

I would love for some 4* and 5* studs to fall in love with the new Vols style of footVol and commit to us to give our recruiting a big shot in the arm.

We get to start fall practice 2 days earlier.

We get to watch our Vols 2 days earlier.

We get 2 extra days of practice to correct mistakes and be better prepared for Pitt.

Take Friday off and have a longer weekend.

I can't find anything not to like about this little change.

Pack the house and get Neyland rocking to celebrate 100 years of Tennessee footVOL at Neyland!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

Damn, it definitely moved a little..........great post!

Should be a Sat night game. Thu night games are for the MAC type conferences.
A positive is that we will get a good bit of attention as we will be plying when most of the league is off. Never hurts to get complete National coverage without other games distractions.

Opens Saturday up to watch even more games, win win to me
That's the way I look at it. Got a game on Thursday I am excited about and like you say, opens up Saturday. If we win on Thursday it makes watching other games more enjoyable. If we lose I have time to plan something else for Saturday.

Lets just hope this goes well and doesn’t give me a minor heart attack the way the previous school night games have gone. Georgia Tech, App State, UCLA. Those are the most recent ones I can think of and they all went down to the wire .

Reactions: Volatility
Lets just hope this goes well and doesn’t give me a minor heart attack the way the previous school night games have gone. Georgia Tech, App State, UCLA. Those are the most recent ones I can think of and they all went down to the wire .

Yeah, the Georgia Tech game was rough. In addition to being a Labor Day night game, it went into double OT. The following work day wasn’t fun to say the least.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
That's the way I look at it. Got a game on Thursday I am excited about and like you say, opens up Saturday. If we win on Thursday it makes watching other games more enjoyable. If we lose I have time to plan something else for Saturday.
If we lost that game… Whoah that would be a very, very long weekend . I love College football opening weekend. It’s like Christmas morning to me and I watch it from Thursday until Monday night, that would be tough to stomach. Again.

Reactions: Behr
We should put up 50 in this one with our new offense and play all of the QBs to get ready for a tough second game against Pitt.
Just took a look at the Week 2 schedule. I’m thinking our game vs Pitt will be at the very worst be a late afternoon kick and very likely a night game. The Week 2 schedule is pretty light.

I like it. Gives us something to look forward to on a Thursday night.

And yes, it gets us more of a spotlight nationally than on Saturday....I know that some will turn their nose up at that but it is what it is.

And finally...a few extra days to prepare for Pitt
I’m sold

Reactions: A.J.
I'm not gonna complain. I have my grand son's youth games on Saturdays so this works out for me playing on a Thursday night.

VN Store

Back