Tennessee-Bowling Green Season Opener to be on Thursday Night at 8PM

Take the opportunities you get, make the most of them, lather, rinse, repeat, and the results will take care of themselves.
Let’s go VOLS!!!!
Absolutely. When you are in a hole, you stop digging and realistically appraise the situation and assess how to get out, one step at a time. It does no good to complain you are in a hole and that you used not to be. This is a good move.

lol, you guys KNOW this is going to be a down year right? it's OK. everyone knows. we are not exactly going for a championship year one. i think it's a smart move. as far as sec coverage, you are right, but would you rather sec or cbs?

It is a low interest game if played on Saturday and a bigger deal on Thursday. I don't think it is a bad move unless they lose, then it would be better lost on a Saturday, but I just can't see losing this one, but then you think "Georgia State".

But overall I see it as being most likely a good move for publicity and they say that there is no bad publicity. Not sure I agree with that always, but more often than not.

I love it!

We get to see the Vols sooner than usual!

We will win and then we have extra time to prepare for a very important game against Pitt!

It's nothing but fortunate for us!

Agree 100% If it was played on Saturday, the only people watching the game are Tennessee and BG fans. Lot BIGGER audience on Thursday night.

lol, you guys KNOW this is going to be a down year right? it's OK. everyone knows. we are not exactly going for a championship year one. i think it's a smart move. as far as sec coverage, you are right, but would you rather sec or cbs?
Uhm no.
Check last year for that.
You know, when we went 3-7...?

Reactions: IluvdoubleD's
@LittleVol

that should have been a championship year. DISGUSTING!

three-four years in, with the oldest, most experienced qb on the field, with the best sec line, and PAID PLAYERS during a covid year, when you are one of the only teams that played through.

DISGUSTING!

i'm all about giving a coach a couple of years, but that was Tennessee's chance, and we chat the damn bed. im reliving the whole season and need a drink now. my bartender thanks you. Jesus.

then nobody gets drafted. puke.

you get three years, then your azz is georgia field grass... i am liking White and company more and more.... he knows what he is doing, he just doesn't know volnation yet. i hope they understand that the pot does NOT get turned down, it boils harder every day until it boils over. this is a pressure cooker, and you get three years because we are reasonable people, who are paying you **** tone.

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleVol
This is embarrassing. If there was any doubt about us falling to a G5 level, it's clear now.
How's that?? Opening the season on Thursday night is normal every year, we played Appy st on Thursday night as a top 25 team....Texas A&M has atleast once that i can remember and I believe Clemson did as well one year. It's about ratings my man, sec network makes money on a Thursday night, look at it this way don't have to wait til Saturday to watch the boys 🍊

People are so ignorant. Look up who played on Thursday night in 2019. Opening weekend both Clemson and Texas AM had games.
Pay them no attention. They spend 90% of their time on VN talking about how bad we suck and how far we've fallen. Now this and the whining continues like we've fallen more in the last 24 hours, but we were already rock bottom then. Just like "fahr butch and hahr muh granny, no one could be worse then him". Boon!!! 2 years later Pruitt said hold my beer. Lol.

I’m happy we’re two days closer, but I can see why people aren’t happy. It’s a lot harder to make a Thursday night trip vs flying in for the weekend.

VN Store

Back