Tennessee 24-7

Somebody jokingly (I think) posted "Senior Drill?" Whatever happened to that guy, anyway? Dude seemed to be halfway reasonable until he latched onto CDT's privates.

Somebody jokingly (I think) posted "Senior Drill?" Whatever happened to that guy, anyway? Dude seemed to be halfway reasonable until he latched onto CDT's privates.

The last I saw of him was posting before football season a thread in the NCAA forum about ETSU football and how ETSU had a shot at upsetting Tennessee. He last posted in the basketball forum last year after we lost in the NCAAT (of course).

Re-post your comment after Saturday's game. Dumb fan base. I guess you are the smart one. Hope you don't have to turn the game off @ half time next Saturday. We'll see how they match up against the better teams of the SEC and if they have improved as much as those teams have. Tennessee is rather lackluster to me. Where is the energy. Better get better play next Saturday or I think we will get throttled.
I think you should stop referring to the Vols as we!

Oh I find it better not to look through Orange Colored glasses. I'll state my case and right now no one in their right minds would say Tennessee is the #1 team in the nation because of their play. They may because they haven't lost since thanksgiving but not that they are playing like a #1 team in the nation. No, not at all !
You can always look at Vegas to determine if they’re doing their job well enough or not.

One more thing. If Barnes was reading this thread ( and i hope he is ) do you think he would be pointing out those drinking the orange kool-aid and orange glasses or be pointing out my points to the team?

Attachments

• 15337612_1504298546264717_2535598133822444256_n.jpg
    15337612_1504298546264717_2535598133822444256_n.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 0
Exactly @tnvols72

Also, people trying to experience fanhood through a coach's lens may be the dumbest to walk the Earth. I think some of them legitimately believe how they emotionally approach a game will effect the outcome.

You're a fan. Enjoy the moment. Your only job is to pay for tickets, lift the team up when they're down, and cheer for the team when they're up - that is it...
...Scratch that, you're not a fan...
But if you were a fan, just enjoy the ride. The team is going to do what the team is going to do regardless of your comical analyses and "clairvoyance".

Aside from your babble (OP) you don't even understand the basic dynamic of being #1. We haven't played poorly. We're getting everyone's best game of the season. And we still haven't lost a game in regulation since last March. wahhhhhh

If you don't believe by now you never will.
Our 6 guys are the ONE. Our 6 guys are second to no college team in basketball today in chemistry, maturity, experience and BB IQ. This is a completely different team than the one that lost to Kansas early in the season. They know who they are and they are led by the best PG in the country. Unlike last season you can't take one player out of the mix and say, well our season is over. The other 5 will find a way to win. Believe it or leave it.
They have to prove to me that they can lose. right now I don't see it.

This guy gets it!!!

Reactions: Vols410
I can but I choose not to. I prefer to challenge you to expand your inherent cognitive abilities of reasoning and judgement.

You can do it. Always dummy up.
Too late for me , but I am sure your post was spot on, even if I don't know what a hubris is.

By March 9th....they have looked bad @ home for the most part and looked worse the last 2 or three games at home.
Teams have been gunning for the Vols but the teams Tennessee is getting ready to play have much much better Athletes and records.
Tennessee will not be able to turn it on and off against the teams beginning next Saturday.
Tennessee's weaknesses are not just on the boards.
Tennessee is out of position many times on the D when they pressure the opposing teams PG's to keep them beyond the Arc and Tennessee may have to resort to a 2-3 zone.
You come out cold against KY, LSU, Miss St., Ole Miss, Auburn the game may be over by half time.
Tennessee being #1 in the nation gives the above mentioned teams, who are very good teams already, even more energy and especially at home.
The teams we are about to start playing have the ability to run the score up on the Vols and go over them.
Tennessee better get more than rebounding fixed.
Teams we should have upped our game against and never looked back becomes close games so we think we can just turn on the burners and win.
Tennessee is going to need to have Bowden, Turner, Bone and the Admiral on fire in order not to be 24-7 by Tourney time
With our play lately it amazes me we only have 1 loss and its great for the school and fans buttttttttttttttttttttt..............................
Get ready for our 2nd loss and more following that and then we will see where we really belong by seasons end. Wake up time !
Bovada won't accept my card anymore. I'm itching to make a substantial wager that you're wayyyyy wrong

1. Duke
2.Zags
3.Michigan
4.Kentucky
5.UNC
6. Nevada
7. Tennessee
8.Marquette
9 Houston
10. Michigan St

Thanks for asking my opinion.....lol This is how I think it stands as of 2/10

And thank you for making my, and apparently many others' point. You are either offering this because you are trolling and enjoying the responses and attention, or you have weak knowledge of the game. I'm happy that you are so self-assured that you don't believe UVA is a top 10 team and have the guts to share that outstanding opinion. So you don't actually think UT is #5-10 as you stated, and you think they are #7. I asked you for 9 teams better, you came up with 6. One of these teams was beaten by UT on a neutral court. One squeaked by Miami in OT yesterday. One got blown out by a 10-13 team. However, I have to tip the cap to you- you succeeded in making me look, wasting my and others' time, but at least you gave us a good laugh. By the way, I forgot to mention that your number 10 team lost to a Louisville team that UT beat and is coming off of a 3 game losing streak. Who beat them? That's right, an 8-15 Illinois team. But UVA shouldn't be on this list since they've lost to your #1 team twice by a total of 12 points. Good call. UT is not perfect, but they are deserving, and no one would reasonably rank them below #2 at this point in time (I will give you Duke- they are very impressive). Reading along this thread brings to mind a saying about playing chess with a pigeon...

OP makes some valid points, and I have seen it too. I have been frustrated to say the least that we have consistently played "lesser" opponents in that fashion..jetting the engines, then falling back once a comfortable lead is established, then jetting again. Fortunately it's been enough so far. That said, it is NOT a valid argument to suggest that we've played that way every time out. When we have needed continuous energy for entire games, we've provided it. Nonetheless we have been sloppy and a bit lethargic the past handful of games in ways that I did not notice earlier in the season. We played better when we were the hunter, no 2 ways about it. I'll be kind of glad to get back into that position again, it will likely server this team very well to be served a wake up. As far as KY goes, they will apparently be favored, and I for one am glad. It's true we're averaging a blowout in conference play, but let's face it, that's largely thanks to the 46 point laugher over UGA. We have not dominated consistently in the league, despite our gaudy record. All that said, I have seen elements in this team, granted they've come and gone, but ones that I believe can certainly earn a Final 4 or beyond. Despite a few high quality wins early on, would you look into your Volunteer heart and say that we are the best looking team in the nation, factoring in the last six pack of games? I think the jury is still out. We'll know a lot more in a couple weeks...

GO BIG ORANGE!!

The team has room for improvement but the fact remains only 4 teams have given them a game Kansas, Gonzaga, Vanderbilt and Bama. None of the other top teams can say the same, they have lost more games and had more close calls than UT. I am worried about all of these upcoming road games but they are undefeated on the road this season in conference play. If they lose they lose, still high in the running for a #1 seed.

By March 9th....they have looked bad @ home for the most part and looked worse the last 2 or three games at home.
Teams have been gunning for the Vols but the teams Tennessee is getting ready to play have much much better Athletes and records.
Tennessee will not be able to turn it on and off against the teams beginning next Saturday.
Tennessee is out of position many times on the D when they pressure the opposing teams PG's to keep them beyond the Arc and Tennessee may have to resort to a 2-3 zone.
You come out cold against KY, LSU, Miss St., Ole Miss, Auburn the game may be over by half time.
Tennessee being #1 in the nation gives the above mentioned teams, who are very good teams already, even more energy and especially at home.
The teams we are about to start playing have the ability to run the score up on the Vols and go over them.
Teams we should have upped our game against and never looked back becomes close games so we think we can just turn on the burners and win.
Tennessee is going to need to have Bowden, Turner, Bone and the Admiral on fire in order not to be 24-7 by Tourney time
With our play lately it amazes me we only have 1 loss and its great for the school and fans buttttttttttttttttttttt..............................
Get ready for our 2nd loss and more following that and then we will see where we really belong by seasons end. Wake up time !
Hep us all!

I think maybe the OP is simply being overly cautious as the toughest part of the schedule awaits. The thing is this team has improved from the tough games against Kansas and Gonzaga early on. Bone has developed into a court leader, Bowden has grown in confidence, and Turner has not only returned from injury, but his FG pct has gone to another level. And he is probably discounting this team's ability to reach a higher level of play down the stretch when we hit the toughest part of the schedule. Op, I think you are going overboard in your caution when saying this team will get blown out by halftime or lose 6 of 8 sec games remaining. I think we have seen this team enough to know they will not get rattled when falling behind or losing a couple of close games.

The better outlook to take is to anticipate the excitement this next stretch of games brings to our table. It's a time to break out of any complacency you might be worried over. Not to mention the confidence and experience gained heading into the NCAAs. The home and home w/Kentucky, the road games at LSU, OM, and Aub will be epic. It's daunting, but it's the chance to see this team to exceed expectations yet again.

you sound like We aint up for the fight. we a blue collar team sir. we find a way to win each game. take your man purse and get out of the gym. the "universal" bathroom is outside

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Your screen name is awaiting a win, so...

TN D will be exposed this coming week. They finally face a team with a Top 15 O and D that isn't missing players to injury & isnt on neutral court. Will the team that almost got beat by a horrible Vandy team show-up? If it does, no one will consider this team sweet 16 material any longer. Sorry folks i'm no sunshine pumper, I call it like it is.

Actually, it does no harm to get a worse case scenario painted by someone. I think most everyone already was aware the road is about to get rough down this last stretch of conference games. Several may go down to the wire. Watching Duke/Va yesterday, it would be easy to say that hardly anyone could have beaten Duke as hot as they were from 3pt range. 62% when their avg had been 31% going in to the game. But from my perspective, we look like a stronger and more physical team than Va.

The OP is thinking we aren't playing like a #1 team recently. Maybe so but we played well enough to keep winning. But he is doubting we can when we absolutely have to against the toughest competition. This is where I think he's wrong, and I'm sure he wants to be wrong. We don't know how good we can be and are going to find out soon enough. Realistically, we all know we could lose a couple of tight ones. But we could win them just as well. This team believes they can play any team in the country and win. To me, it's as good or better than any starting 6 overall that's out there.

TN D will be exposed this coming week. They finally face a team with a Top 15 O and D that isn't missing players to injury & isnt on neutral court. Will the team that almost got beat by a horrible Vandy team show-up? If it does, no one will consider this team sweet 16 material any longer. Sorry folks i'm no sunshine pumper, I call it like it is.

Yep, it’s the so called “realist.”

VN Store

Back