Tennessee 24-7

Tennessee looks to me like a #1 to me. We have not been playing teams make us work the entire gam e. We get a little sloppy from time to time. But when need it we turn it on and take over the game. Do we have things to fix? Yea, but let's not peak to soon. It is just no w time to step up, and we have the ability to it. Don't panic enjoy!

The Vols have improved in the fact that at the beginning of the season he tried to set everyone else up for their shot and he wasn't taking what was there for him. He is now.
I can say the same for Bowden. Wonderful improvement
Turner can get hot any game.
Williams a force underneath.

But we are entering the part of our schedule that is going to tell us where we should be ranked.
We are weak in rebounding and have been giving up easy baskets for many games now.
Its difficult to guard the 3 with the style defense we play. We lose our men for easy shots too often.
Petty of Alabama showed up one of our weaknesses with his quickness and penetration to the basket.

So far our offense has been enough to pull it out but we are getting ready to play some teams that can make us pay.
I think if you look at the Ky's, North Carolinas, Dukes, Michigan's ect and see Tennessee at this point as good as them then you see differently than I do

Weird because Tennessee is better than Kentucky, UNC, and Michigan all on kenpom but that requires actual research.

Check my post in this forum and see if I have ever Trolled any. Even once. No, not once. But the truth is still the truth no matter how filthy and trashy people talk when they disagree with someone else. Good thing you aren't in coach Barnes meetings or coach Pruitts.....those team members get the truth. It has to be said.
Your history is irrelevant. This was a classic troll thread. I do not believe that anyone who has watched this team play since the start of the season, honestly thinks they are going to lose 6 of their next 8 games. You are lonely and seeking attention.

1. Duke
2.Zags
3.Michigan
4.Kentucky
5.UNC
6. Nevada
7. Tennessee
8.Marquette
9 Houston
10. Marquette

Thanks for asking my opinion.....lol This is how I think it stands as of 2/10
Marquette is so good they are in the top 10 twice? That's impressive. I can tell you spent a lot of time on this "ranking" of yours. I'm sure you are also aware that Nevada's loss was by 27 points to New Mexico... and one of Gonzaga's 2 losses was to Tennessee? And by the way, where is Virginia? You don't have a clue.

In all seriousness, try Singles.com the next time you are this lonely and in need of attention.

Marquette is so good they are in the top 10 twice? That's impressive. I can tell you spent a lot of time on this "ranking" of yours. I'm sure you are also aware that Nevada's loss was by 27 points to New Mexico... and one of Gonzaga's 2 losses was to Tennessee? And by the way, where is Virginia? You don't have a clue.

In all seriousness, try Singles.com the next time you are this lonely and in need of attention.
Oh but I do have a clue. Don't know what happened with the Marquette deal. But thanks I will correct that.

By March 9th....they have looked bad @ home for the most part and looked worse the last 2 or three games at home.
Teams have been gunning for the Vols but the teams Tennessee is getting ready to play have much much better Athletes and records.
Tennessee will not be able to turn it on and off against the teams beginning next Saturday.
Tennessee's weaknesses are not just on the boards.
Tennessee is out of position many times on the D when they pressure the opposing teams PG's to keep them beyond the Arc and Tennessee may have to resort to a 2-3 zone.
You come out cold against KY, LSU, Miss St., Ole Miss, Auburn the game may be over by half time.
Tennessee being #1 in the nation gives the above mentioned teams, who are very good teams already, even more energy and especially at home.
The teams we are about to start playing have the ability to run the score up on the Vols and go over them.
Tennessee better get more than rebounding fixed.
Teams we should have upped our game against and never looked back becomes close games so we think we can just turn on the burners and win.
Tennessee is going to need to have Bowden, Turner, Bone and the Admiral on fire in order not to be 24-7 by Tourney time
With our play lately it amazes me we only have 1 loss and its great for the school and fans buttttttttttttttttttttt..............................
Get ready for our 2nd loss and more following that and then we will see where we really belong by seasons end. Wake up time !
1549788723340.gif1549788852786.gif

Guys, this dude is Dobbs4Heisman-level trolling, at this point. It is quite obvious. Anyone expecting him to eat crow on any of this is a fool, and he will be back here next Saturday night, win or lose, to piss on this team, again. If Tennessee beats UK by 20, he'll remark about something so minuscule that we didn't do correctly, or embark on some narrative about how UK beat themselves

Tennessee has been playing basically the same sorry teams. They crushed them the first time around and have looked bored the second time they played because they are so much better. I think it will be good to play Kentucky, ole miss, LSU, etc because it’s a chance for UT to play fresh blood and step up their game. Relax and enjoy man.
Exactly. OP suffers from acute case of BVS.

This team isn’t perfect by any means but they’re very well coached and disciplined.

We’re not going to beat teams by +20 every night and anyone who thinks we should, clearly doesn’t know a lot about college basketball.

This is one of the best Tennessee teams that doesn’t come around too often so stop having your little pity party and enjoy it the rest of the way OP.

I agree this team needs to stop giving up so many offensive boards, however, I almost see a team that is bored and methodical in these games against lower competition. It's almost a cat and mouse game and I never feel like we have been on the verge of losing any of these games, except maybe Vandy.My biggest concern is we are getting a little banged up ( Pons, Alexander, Bone, Schofield and even Williams) I think this team will turn it up vs. KY, LSU, Miss St. And AU. Will they win them all? Highly unlikely. But, barring any major injuries, come March, they'll be amped up every game because their goal is a National Championship and they'll do what it takes to achieve it. 28-3

Tennessee has been playing basically the same sorry teams. They crushed them the first time around and have looked bored the second time they played because they are so much better. I think it will be good to play Kentucky, ole miss, LSU, etc because it’s a chance for UT to play fresh blood and step up their game. Relax and enjoy man.
These teams are testing UT the second time around. Their coaches have made adjustments and are giving the Vols their best. This team has been and will be tested. Both sides are correct in this thread. This is a very good team. They are well-coached. Coach Barnes is not getting out coached. Between now and the NCAA, the Vols will receive a wake-up call.

Last edited:
By March 9th....they have looked bad @ home for the most part and looked worse the last 2 or three games at home.
Teams have been gunning for the Vols but the teams Tennessee is getting ready to play have much much better Athletes and records.
Tennessee will not be able to turn it on and off against the teams beginning next Saturday.
Tennessee is out of position many times on the D when they pressure the opposing teams PG's to keep them beyond the Arc and Tennessee may have to resort to a 2-3 zone.
You come out cold against KY, LSU, Miss St., Ole Miss, Auburn the game may be over by half time.
Tennessee being #1 in the nation gives the above mentioned teams, who are very good teams already, even more energy and especially at home.
The teams we are about to start playing have the ability to run the score up on the Vols and go over them.
Teams we should have upped our game against and never looked back becomes close games so we think we can just turn on the burners and win.
Tennessee is going to need to have Bowden, Turner, Bone and the Admiral on fire in order not to be 24-7 by Tourney time
With our play lately it amazes me we only have 1 loss and its great for the school and fans buttttttttttttttttttttt..............................
Get ready for our 2nd loss and more following that and then we will see where we really belong by seasons end. Wake up time !

Now, catch me up...where do you coach?

If you don't believe by now you never will.
Our 6 guys are the ONE. Our 6 guys are second to no college team in basketball today in chemistry, maturity, experience and BB IQ. This is a completely different team than the one that lost to Kansas early in the season. They know who they are and they are led by the best PG in the country. Unlike last season you can't take one player out of the mix and say, well our season is over. The other 5 will find a way to win. Believe it or leave it.
They have to prove to me that they can lose. right now I don't see it.

The guy doesn't even have Virginia in the top ten. Lol

Losses at UK, Auburn,Ole Miss and LSU are very possible, and would knock us out of #1. But, we would still be top 10, and top in the SEC, most likely. I do not think we will lose all four. Maybe two of them. Those are going to be tough games. They are supposed to be! We still get into the tournament, and I believe we have the kind of team that goes deep into the tournament. No matter where this team ends the season, we are very capable of winning it all.

So..... why don't you just stick to your team's message board and leave ours alone

If you don't believe by now you never will.
Our 6 guys are the ONE. Our 6 guys are second to no college team in basketball today in chemistry, maturity, experience and BB IQ. This is a completely different team than the one that lost to Kansas early in the season. They know who they are and they are led by the best PG in the country. Unlike last season you can't take one player out of the mix and say, well our season is over. The other 5 will find a way to win. Believe it or leave it.
They have to prove to me that they can lose. right now I don't see it.
Get a room...haha

I think the guys are subliminally saving their legs and energy for tournament time. I mean they have been playing at about 60-70% and are still beating up on teams by double digits. They may have a loss or two, but that will only motivate them to be that chippy team again we saw against Kansas and Gonzaga. GBO

I'm not sure if you are a Vol fan or UK or some other SEC team. You start almost every line with "Tennessee" like I would if I was talking about a rival team, looks troll worthy.. We are supposed to lose at UK Saturday by Vegas odds so to me that would not be a shock but being blown out by halftime we will see.

VN Store

Back