Tennessee 24-7

Tenn played better at #3 than they do at #1. Tn will have to play better D and rebound better and Schofield sometimes acts like he isnt sure of himself out there. Alexander has to show up and stop making silly fouls. I dont know if they are bored with the competition or what but the Competition is about to get a lot better. I hope they go into Rupp and dominate them.

Boston College led Duke at Cameron Tuesday night but I bet their fans weren’t this smart.

By March 9th....they have looked bad @ home for the most part and looked worse the last 2 or three games at home.
Teams have been gunning for the Vols but the teams Tennessee is getting ready to play have much much better Athletes and records.
Tennessee will not be able to turn it on and off against the teams beginning next Saturday.
Tennessee's weaknesses are not just on the boards.
Tennessee is out of position many times on the D when they pressure the opposing teams PG's to keep them beyond the Arc and Tennessee may have to resort to a 2-3 zone.
You come out cold against KY, LSU, Miss St., Ole Miss, Auburn the game may be over by half time.
Tennessee being #1 in the nation gives the above mentioned teams, who are very good teams already, even more energy and especially at home.
The teams we are about to start playing have the ability to run the score up on the Vols and go over them.
Tennessee better get more than rebounding fixed.
Teams we should have upped our game against and never looked back becomes close games so we think we can just turn on the burners and win.
Tennessee is going to need to have Bowden, Turner, Bone and the Admiral on fire in order not to be 24-7 by Tourney time
With our play lately it amazes me we only have 1 loss and its great for the school and fans buttttttttttttttttttttt..............................
Get ready for our 2nd loss and more following that and then we will see where we really belong by seasons end. Wake up time !
Go look at the stats; we are at or near the top of every statistical cat. in the SEC except steals.

Haven’t most of your predictions so far about this season turned out to be pretty false? Hopefully this is another.

Yes, he was posting stupid s*** earlier in the season and I guess just can't wait until we lose so he can say "I told you so".

My God, I hate some of our fans.

JJ has found his shot. But he's been coached to first look for the higher percentage options down low. Every time he handles the ball on the perimeter he's looking to feed the post. He's not piling up stats but he's making very good decisions.

Thunder I guess that the season up until now was his best shot to establish himself and score some points. His D looks pretty good. Going into the strength of our schedule probably won't help his scoring. I guess I just wanted to see him kind of coming into his own like Bowden and Bone this year. Those two have been a thing of beauty to watch. The way those 2 have come on have made it hard on teams to defend because they can't scheme to shut down just one player on the Vols and shut down the Vols as a whole. I just love to see all of them improving. but your right JJ is making good decisions with the ball

Yes, he was posting stupid s*** earlier in the season and I guess just can't wait until we lose so he can say "I told you so".

My God, I hate some of our fans.
You "hate" fans of the Vols. You actually "hate" them. Why don't you just go ahead and post some of those post where I was so wrong. Oh, I bet you were never one of those who were wrong. Wonder how many great men have lived and died that was wrong many times and how many living now have been so so so wrong. Boy, you sure are in the minority. Oh, a genius....a basketball genius

I said previously that Tennessee would have difficulty with teams in rebounding, those that slashed to the basket, the baseline and that they would have trouble with teams that went inside out to the perimeter. Was I wrong ?
Was I wrong when I said Bowden needed to look for his shot and take it or that Bone needed to take his shot. Has the team scoring evened out the last few games because they were looking for their shots. Yes, since the last game we played at florida and tonight. Did I expect us to be with just one loss at this point. No way.

We have trouble guarding the perimeter. We get all out of shaped when we use 2 men to push the ball beyond the arc. Rebounding and blocking out speaks for itself.
Please feel free to remind me of all my other false predictions. You know the truth. There are some great posters on this forum and respectable. Its been a great forum until those from the FF leach over after football and recruiting is over. All most can say at this time is that our poor energy or play is due to the poor teams we have played. This team is going to have to be hitting on all cylinders going forward or at least a combination of any 3 of our players having consistent nights

Looking for shorter answers lol

I can go through your post history but it seems like you’ve been very negavol since the season started...expecting fewer wins than everyone else, even after hot start expecting losses, just seemed like I recall a lot of these kinda predictions from you. No?

You "hate" fans of the Vols. You actually "hate" them. Why don't you just go ahead and post some of those post where I was so wrong. Oh, I bet you were never one of those who were wrong. Wonder how many great men have lived and died that was wrong many times and how many living now have been so so so wrong. Boy, you sure are in the minority. Oh, a genius....a basketball genius

You being a "Vol fan" in no way means I have to like you.

Reactions: Titan05
Looking for shorter answers lol

I can go through your post history but it seems like you’ve been very negavol since the season started...expecting fewer wins than everyone else, even after hot start expecting losses, just seemed like I recall a lot of these kinda predictions from you. No?

Did I not say if they did not improve. How do you actually see the Vols against ...Ky, UNC, Duke, Michigan today.....in all honesty where would you place them being truthful... 3rd or 5th.....there is nothing wrong with pointing out poor play and recurring weaknesses that isnt fixed. It should be. You may also point out the good things I have said about our players and teams. Hey, did I ever throw off on Fulky, or Walker, or JJ, or Pons as they tried to earn a playing spot? Did I always want them to succeed while some posted trash ? That in and of itself should tell you where I am coming from. IMO Tennessee is not a #1 team right now. Its great to see all the glory they are getting but glory fades swiftly but the kids appear to be great kids and gentlemen who we all can be proud of

Oh, I enjoy winning but what the Vols put me through with some of these teams a #1 team should just throttle bothers me. Tennesee could very easily lose 6 games between now and March 9th with this type play. They won't be able to turn it on or off with most of these teams IMO. Why, would I be chicken little, Tennessee losing isn't going to harm me I just love a good Tennessee win. I just love to see Bowden, Bone, Williams, Turner and the Admiral score and score a lot. I'd love to see Pons find a shot and JJ too. I love to see Fulky up his point totals averages to 8-12 points a game. I love to see improvement.

As you can see, I don’t post much. I tend to sit back and read the often hilarious dialogue that flows through these threads. But I might have to agree with others on here that you are focusing way too much on the negative attributes of this team. The truth is the Vols are #1 right now whether they’ve played like it or not. How or Why? Because they’ve beaten every team they’ve played this year with the exception of one good team who edged them out in overtime early in the season. Your argument would be that if they played Kansas again right now UT wouldn’t stand a chance. I would counter that to say the Vols would have a better chance at winning because they’ve figured out what to do when things go against them.

Have they played sloppily lately? Probably. I would counter that some of their sloppy play can be attributed to the officiating as well. I’m not a big basketball fan primarily because the officiating drives me crazy. And while I’ll admit I’m probably looking at this through orange-colored glasses, I think the Vols have been playing against the officials as much lately as they’ve been playing against the opposing teams. I will agree somewhat with your assessment that the Vols are getting beaten under the basket, but I’m also seeing our guys getting mauled by the other team and nothing is getting called. Our guys do the same thing and get whistled for it more times than not. Did I not see KA get physically shoved off the court during a scramble for the ball this afternoon, and the only call from the official was possession to FL since the ball last touched KA as he was sliding out of bounds??! Some would counter the calls are fairly even in all of these games, but from my perspective that’s because the Vols have been able to overcome the lopsided officiating and then the refs start calling fouls on the other team once the game is pretty well decided. And don’t even get me started on the officiating in KY’s games. All I’ll say is MS-ST got robbed at the end of that game today. You’re right TN will likely lose to KY, if the officiating goes the way it has lately.

Did I not say if they did not improve. How do you actually see the Vols against ...Ky, UNC, Duke, Michigan today.....in all honesty where would you place them being truthful... 3rd or 5th.....there is nothing wrong with pointing out poor play and recurring weaknesses that isnt fixed. It should be. You may also point out the good things I have said about our players and teams. Hey, did I ever throw off on Fulky, or Walker, or JJ, or Pons as they tried to earn a playing spot? Did I always want them to succeed while some posted trash ? That in and of itself should tell you where I am coming from. IMO Tennessee is not a #1 team right now. Its great to see all the glory they are getting but glory fades swiftly but the kids appear to be great kids and gentlemen who we all can be proud of

The same UNC that needed OT to beat a 10-12 team at home today?

You being a "Vol fan" in no way means I have to like you.
You don't even know me. I have never offended you in any way. I have never trashed you or anyone else. Hate is a very powerful cruel word and brings everything that is wrong in this world with it. Don't like me. You would not know what isn't to like. People who hate have lots of problems besides basketball posters. Try disagreeing by first understanding people don't see things the same as you and it doesn't mean they are against you.

By March 9th....they have looked bad @ home for the most part and looked worse the last 2 or three games at home.
Teams have been gunning for the Vols but the teams Tennessee is getting ready to play have much much better Athletes and records.
Tennessee will not be able to turn it on and off against the teams beginning next Saturday.
Tennessee's weaknesses are not just on the boards.
Tennessee is out of position many times on the D when they pressure the opposing teams PG's to keep them beyond the Arc and Tennessee may have to resort to a 2-3 zone.
You come out cold against KY, LSU, Miss St., Ole Miss, Auburn the game may be over by half time.
Tennessee being #1 in the nation gives the above mentioned teams, who are very good teams already, even more energy and especially at home.
The teams we are about to start playing have the ability to run the score up on the Vols and go over them.
Tennessee better get more than rebounding fixed.
Teams we should have upped our game against and never looked back becomes close games so we think we can just turn on the burners and win.
Tennessee is going to need to have Bowden, Turner, Bone and the Admiral on fire in order not to be 24-7 by Tourney time
With our play lately it amazes me we only have 1 loss and its great for the school and fans buttttttttttttttttttttt..............................
Get ready for our 2nd loss and more following that and then we will see where we really belong by seasons end. Wake up time !

Same thing can be said about any of the teams we will be playing. Not saying we won't lose, but the other guys have more to worry about at this point than the Vols do. Vols have been on cruise control. I am anxious to see them in an intense game again.

As you can see, I don’t post much. I tend to sit back and read the often hilarious dialogue that flows through these threads. But I might have to agree with others on here that you are focusing way too much on the negative attributes of this team. The truth is the Vols are #1 right now whether they’ve played like it or not. How or Why? Because they’ve beaten every team they’ve played this year with the exception of one good team who edged them out in overtime early in the season. Your argument would be that if they played Kansas again right now UT wouldn’t stand a chance. I would counter that to say the Vols would have a better chance at winning because they’ve figured out what to do when things go against them.

Have they played sloppily lately? Probably. I would counter that some of their sloppy play can be attributed to the officiating as well. I’m not a big basketball fan primarily because the officiating drives me crazy. And while I’ll admit I’m probably looking at this through orange-colored glasses, I think the Vols have been playing against the officials as much lately as they’ve been playing against the opposing teams. I will agree somewhat with your assessment that the Vols are getting beaten under the basket, but I’m also seeing our guys getting mauled by the other team and nothing is getting called. Our guys do the same thing and get whistled for it more times than not. Did I not see KA get physically shoved off the court during a scramble for the ball this afternoon, and the only call from the official was possession to FL since the ball last touched KA as he was sliding out of bounds??! Some would counter the calls are fairly even in all of these games, but from my perspective that’s because the Vols have been able to overcome the lopsided officiating and then the refs start calling fouls on the other team once the game is pretty well decided. And don’t even get me started on the officiating in KY’s games. All I’ll say is MS-ST got robbed at the end of that game today. You’re right TN will likely lose to KY, if the officiating goes the way it has lately.
I can accept that. No problem. Thx for the post

Ok, short answer this time. Stop being so negative and enjoy it while it lasts. This team has been fun to watch regardless of how excruciating it can be at times. Go Vols!!!

BTW I think BTO is pulling out many of your gems and yes...you've been wrong.

And negative for a long time.

BTW I think BTO is pulling out many of your gems and yes...you've been wrong.

And negative for a long time.
It will be great to see. Always good to look back at the gems. I'm sure he'll be fair and throw in some of that good also. I may not always agree with all that he post but I sure look forward to see his game post to see if he saw the game as I did........post away

Even if we are 5th best in that group it doesn’t mean we are going 2-6, you think Michigan or Kentucky is gonna go 2-6 against our final 8?

VN Store

Back