Tennessee 24-7

The anatomy of a superb troll effort: denigrate the effort and ascension of a team that owes it's ascension to effort. Insinuate that high-achievers aren't giving their all. Sprinkle in a few notes of sympathy wrt "our team" in the midst of your hubris and self-promotion. Solid "A".

We'll need some good bounces to keep the winning streak through SEC play, but I think we only lose 1 and that'll fire us back up!

The anatomy of a superb troll effort: denigrate the effort and ascension of a team that owes it's ascension to effort. Insinuate that high-achievers aren't giving their all. Sprinkle in a few notes of sympathy wrt "our team" in the midst of your hubris and self-promotion. Solid "A".
I think I agree. Can you dummy it down a little so I know for sure.

Reactions: Titan05
Vols are not invincible; even great teams have an off night in a long season. That said, no way they lose six more this year. Including both tournaments.

I think OP needs to take “we” out of his post. This is what amazes me about society. Some people just can’t find the positives in life. This is literally a historic run in our program’s history, and some yahoo is predicting 7 losses. Attention-seeking. Enjoy the negativity.

I would bet my house that it's more likely we go 8-0 down the stretch than 2-6. Honestly In leaning towards 7-1.

OP is right that we have things to work on and will be playing better competition than we have lately....but he is not taking into account is that opponents will be playing against the best team they have faced all year, the Vols.

LSU, MSU and OM don't worry me that much. Auburn's guards could get hot from 3 and give us problems with their quickness but we are more complete in every way. I think the team that has the best chance is UK....will be very tough to beat them twice.

From watch I've watched, we can beat anybody and should be favored in any game except maybe Duke if they play like they did yesterday. UVA physically just didn't look like they belonged on that court. UT would match up much better.

The teams we are about to start playing have the ability to run the score up on the Vols and go over them.

While this may be somewhat true...........Tennessee has a better O than any of those teams. Tennessee also held the best offense in the nation (as far as points per game) to 19 below their season average. Tennessee is second in the nation in FG %, and 7th in points per game............I'm sorry "negative Tennessee" fans.........but get used to it, Tennessee is simply a great team this year.

Everyone should expect a loss or two...............heck maybe even 3 before the national tourney, but if anyone is waiting on Tennessee to be 24-7 this year, they will be waiting a long.........long time.

Reactions: vols1221
By March 9th....they have looked bad @ home for the most part and looked worse the last 2 or three games at home.
Teams have been gunning for the Vols but the teams Tennessee is getting ready to play have much much better Athletes and records.
Tennessee will not be able to turn it on and off against the teams beginning next Saturday.
Tennessee's weaknesses are not just on the boards.
Tennessee is out of position many times on the D when they pressure the opposing teams PG's to keep them beyond the Arc and Tennessee may have to resort to a 2-3 zone.
You come out cold against KY, LSU, Miss St., Ole Miss, Auburn the game may be over by half time.
Tennessee being #1 in the nation gives the above mentioned teams, who are very good teams already, even more energy and especially at home.
The teams we are about to start playing have the ability to run the score up on the Vols and go over them.
Tennessee better get more than rebounding fixed.
Teams we should have upped our game against and never looked back becomes close games so we think we can just turn on the burners and win.
Tennessee is going to need to have Bowden, Turner, Bone and the Admiral on fire in order not to be 24-7 by Tourney time
With our play lately it amazes me we only have 1 loss and its great for the school and fans buttttttttttttttttttttt..............................
Get ready for our 2nd loss and more following that and then we will see where we really belong by seasons end. Wake up time !
Wake up time!? Dear Lord. Lmao 😂

By March 9th....they have looked bad @ home for the most part and looked worse the last 2 or three games at home.

Not sure if your confused or what. This is Tennessee not Texas, remember Texas has the UGLY orange color and Tennessee has the sweet bright orange. Also remember that Texas let Barnes go and he went to Tennessee.

Last year Tennessee won their last 4 games including 2 at home. Last year Tennessee won 2 games in the conf tourney and made it to the finals where they lost a close game to KY.

Now if you were confused and are in fact a delusional Texas fan...........you are right, they did fade at the end of the season. Texas lost 5 of their last 8 regular season games, they lost in the second round of their conf tourney and in the first round of the NCAA tourney.

While this may be somewhat true...........Tennessee has a better O than any of those teams. Tennessee also held the best offense in the nation (as far as points per game) to 19 below their season average. Tennessee is second in the nation in FG %, and 7th in points per game............I'm sorry "negative Tennessee" fans.........but get used to it, Tennessee is simply a great team this year.

Everyone should expect a loss or two...............heck maybe even 3 before the national tourney, but if anyone is waiting on Tennessee to be 24-7 this year, they will be waiting a long.........long time.

This is what I think as well. Would love to see them run the table, but just plain statistically speaking it’s more likely than not to have 3-4 losses.

OPs confidence in his basketball analysis is epic. Do you watch every game from start to finish of all #1 teams? You seem to be very sure that our Vols aren’t worthy. Most fans watch their teams entire game and only catch the highlights of other teams. #1 teams always look dominant in highlights (see highlights from yesterday’s game with UF). It doesn’t help I’m sure that the announcers seem to tout our opponents ability to “hang” with the Vols when they are down by double digits. It’s no fun as a die hard fan to read negative posts about your team, but each is entitled to their oppinion. My opinion is that no matter what happens going forward, this team is a group of tough, mature, hardworking, selfless players that have treated me and the rest of Vol nation to one of the greatest seasons in the program history. Can they play better? Listen to Grant Williams post game interviews from yesterday, his words speak volumes of the teams focus and drive towards improving in all facets of the game. OP’s prediction of 24-7 may end up being right, but I wonder if he’d put his money where his mouth is. I’d take the bet all day that the Vols finish the regular season with <7 losses.

Reactions: HighWaterVol
Check my post in this forum and see if I have ever Trolled any. Even once. No, not once. But the truth is still the truth no matter how filthy and trashy people talk when they disagree with someone else. Good thing you aren't in coach Barnes meetings or coach Pruitts.....those team members get the truth. It has to be said.

You’re confusing your own opinions with “truth”. And your opinions of Tennessee Basketball show that you’re more obsessed with being right than listening to almost everyone who covers the sport professionally. You can’t turn on an SEC basketball game right now and not hear about Tennessee. Either you’re a Kentucky troll or football has scarred the psyche of our fan base deeper than expected.

I agree this team needs to stop giving up so many offensive boards, however, I almost see a team that is bored and methodical in these games against lower competition. It's almost a cat and mouse game and I never feel like we have been on the verge of losing any of these games, except maybe Vandy.My biggest concern is we are getting a little banged up ( Pons, Alexander, Bone, Schofield and even Williams) I think this team will turn it up vs. KY, LSU, Miss St. And AU. Will they win them all? Highly unlikely. But, barring any major injuries, come March, they'll be amped up every game because their goal is a National Championship and they'll do what it takes to achieve it. 28-3
I’m thinking 28-3 as well. Split with UK and split with auburn/LSU. I’m hoping for the ky sweep though. I work with a couple of ky fans and don’t want to hear it from them.

Reactions: 1985Vols
I think OP needs to take “we” out of his post. This is what amazes me about society. Some people just can’t find the positives in life. This is literally a historic run in our program’s history, and some yahoo is predicting 7 losses. Attention-seeking. Enjoy the negativity.
He isn't attempting to find the positive. He is trolling hard. No one is that dumb unless it's intentional.

What I have seen for a while now is a team with extreme confidence in what they can do. And we all have seen a team go from cruise to lockdown defense at will. Till someone shows me that they can't continue to do so, I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The crow I have had to eat over coach Barnes has been delicious, but OP I don't think your plate of crow will be quite as palatable.

VN Store

Back