Sat Oct 26- BYE Week
Sat Nov 2- Kentucky
Sat Nov 9- Miss State
Sat Nov 16- @ UGA
Sat Nov 23- UTEP
Sat Nov 30- @ Vandy
I’m ok with it.

Reactions: volfaninky
The bye weeks seem pretty well placed. First one right before the meat of the schedule and then one right after it.

Would have liked to see UF in November though.

UK is in the 2nd half of the season so it will during their annual end of season collapse.

No back to back road trips.

Playing in the SEC has always been tough for any team to finish undefeated. It's only going to be tougher now with Texas/OK joining. Injuries will be the determining factor in which team make it through undefeated. Have good back-ups esp' at QB

Says SEC Nation and College Football prognosticators at the start of the last 3 football seasons

WTH?
Yeah when Kentucky is running around in shorts running and throwing against air in July they will be proclaiming victory over us and everybody. We know the drill. GBO

Reactions: HalfullVol
Solid schedule setup for Nico, youth movement...Byes come at good times, plenty of tune up time before NC ST and OK. Bye right after OK, before the harder stretch (@Ark, Vs Bama, vs KY), then another bye to rest after 3 physical games.

Toss ups are FL, OK, NC State....
Think we lose to Bama and UGA...
Win the rest.

Could be 10-2, could be 8-4 again. depends how fast we get it going.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Full schedule now released
2024 Tennessee Schedule

Sat Aug 31- UTC
Sat Sep 7- NC State (Charlotte)
Sat Sep 14- Kent State
Sat Sep 21- @ Oklahoma
Sat Sep 28- BYE Week
Sat Oct 5- @ Arkansas
Sat Oct 12- Florida
Sat Oct 19- Alabama
Sat Oct 26- BYE Week
Sat Nov 2- Kentucky
Sat Nov 9- Miss State
Sat Nov 16- @ UGA
Sat Nov 23- UTEP
Sat Nov 30- @ Vandy
7-5 or 8-4, Hopefully we drop the Bama game in 2025

Reactions: Rocky Top T
I've always said if we could play Florida later in the year, we would play them better. Looks like I get my wish.

I mean, this sets up nice. Cupcake game, followed by a P5 game, followed by another cupcake to fine tune and recover, followed by a tough road trip followed by a bye to regroup and tweak, and then a semi soft road game to Arkansas, and then Florida and Bama at home.

It isn't totally brutal. The flow of it goes well. As well as it can honestly.

2024 Texas Football Schedule
(Home games in bold caps; neutral-site contests in italics; all times TBA)
Aug. 31 – COLORADO STATE
Sept. 7 – at Michigan
Sept. 14 – UTSA
Sept. 21 – ULM
Sept. 28 – MISSISSIPPI STATE*

Oct. 12 – vs. Oklahoma* (Cotton Bowl – Dallas)
Oct. 19 – GEORGIA*
Oct. 26 – at Vanderbilt*
Nov. 9 – FLORIDA*
Nov. 16 – at Arkansas*
Nov. 23 – KENTUCKY*
Nov. 30 – at Texas A&M*

Didn't realize we may get a Texas Michigan rematch early on.

Reactions: GoBigOrange33
If Nico is what we all seem to think he can and should be, 9-3 with losses to OU (tough road environment against a solid team), Bama (it’s Bama), and UGA (we’re still not on their level due to our defense) is a respectable reality.

However, given our history with UF, I don’t care if Butch Jones is coaching them, I’ll believe it when I see it, so 8-4 is my overall prediction.

But 7-5 is my floor because I feel like Arkansas is always a tricky team for us when we play them. I think that’s a win, but I can see us choking and losing.

Overall analysis: on face value, it’s a pretty good schedule for us. I wish we had USCjr to play again so we can beat Beamer one more time before he gets canned, and I’d like a chance for some revenge on Mizzou. But overall, this schedule doesn’t scare me.

Really like it that for the last 7 games 6 of them are essentially a home game. We can finish strong and look appealing for the playoffs

Full schedule now released
2024 Tennessee Schedule

Sat Aug 31- UTC
Sat Sep 7- NC State (Charlotte)
Sat Sep 14- Kent State
Sat Sep 21- @ Oklahoma
Sat Sep 28- BYE Week
Sat Oct 5- @ Arkansas
Sat Oct 12- Florida
Sat Oct 19- Alabama
Sat Oct 26- BYE Week
Sat Nov 2- Kentucky
Sat Nov 9- Miss State
Sat Nov 16- @ UGA
Sat Nov 23- UTEP
Sat Nov 30- @ Vandy
This is 3 seasons in 1 the way the bye weeks setup. Just survive the first month get ready for the next one and so on. If we can find a way to hold serve at home we will be in good shape.

We’re losers when we play them. We lose. Let’s replace them with a marginal team to pad our win numbers.
Or we could, oh I don’t know, trust that Heupel is laying the foundations for strong, successful years ahead where we actually hang tough with these guys and make some noise. How’s about stop being a pansy and trust that Heupel and the boys can get it done?

we leave the confines of Neyland for nearly a month following Kent State on the 14th. This includes a bye week, but not playing at home for a while early next season.

VN Store

Back