Tennessee 2024 Schedule (NOW COMPLETE)

If capable I think we should give the starters a few series at Kent state to get a comfortable lead and then rest em. Our last two early season games against small schools have been a **** show (Akron Austin Peay) dirty affairs. Hopefully it will eliminate injuries and build a little depth.

NOT shying away from competition. Why are you against only playing Bama in the SEC Championship game ? As someone who was there when we finally beat the Bear, my enjoyment of the football season is not based upon whether we play Bama every October.

I'd love to beat them twice in a season.

Wanting to drop the annual 3rd Saturday in Oct game is shying away from competition, no other way to put it. Bama won't always be on top, Saban will retire someday and we'll go on another run against them. When we do it will be sweet and you'll change your tune.

Reactions: spyfish007
I'll tell you what if GA will put Bama on the schedule every year I'll go along with that otherwise TN is always at a disadvantage to other teams in the league. The last 3-4 years we have played the 1-2 SEC teams consistently every year with Bama and GA. Nobody else in the league has has to play that schedule. Others may have to once every four years maybe. Why should TN be at a disadvantage over other teams in the league. I'd rather play Bama in Atlanta in December than have them as a regular season team every year.

Exactly. We do not need to play bama every year. Every other tradition in college sports has been blown up, why would we keep one that works against our best interest?

I am already getting so sick of these money grabs. Just release the dadgum schedule. Why do we need to drop teasers every few days followed by a 5 hr ESPN special on it? All for money and eyeballs on 4 hrs and 45 mins of it being commercials. I know its a dead horse in other threads, but the love of the game and playing for the name on the front of the jersey is quickly fading. ***See NIL highest bidder & transfer portal***.

if people don't watch it, they don't make money. just don't watch it.

I'd love to beat them twice in a season.

Wanting to drop the annual 3rd Saturday in Oct game is shying away from competition, no other way to put it. Bama won't always be on top, Saban will retire someday and we'll go on another run against them. When we do it will be sweet and you'll change your tune.
When Saban retires, they will get a top coach.

Reactions: mpfvol
Just a brutal stretch from Oklahoma to UGA. Maybe we luck out and get a bye before Florida at least and potentially before Georgia.
That stretch includes a bye, with games against Arkansas and Florida who are coming off of losing seasons. It's a very reasonable schedule.

I saw where our biggest rival for half the fan base listed their 5 toughest games for UF.2023
1 Georgia
2.Texas
3.LSU
4.OLE MISS
5. Florida State
So looks like we as fan base should embrace this year because the prognosticators don’t have us in way too early top 25 and we’re not Floridas tough game by a long shot. So we may have to take off the Orange glasses and see what the rest of country see us as a non Top 25 team so 21st this year don’t look so bad.

I saw where our biggest rival for half the fan base listed their 5 toughest games for UF.2023
1 Georgia
2.Texas
3.LSU
4.OLE MISS
5. Florida State
So looks like we as fan base should embrace this year because the prognosticators don’t have us in way too early top 25 and we’re not Floridas tough game by a long shot. So we may have to take off the Orange glasses and see what the rest of country see us as a non Top 25 team so 21st this year don’t look so bad.
You are talking about fan poll, that you didn't even link? Who cares?

?? Texas got the absolutely easiest draw in the SEC. Tennessee’s is also favorable, comparatively. Florida and Oklahoma got hosed… couldn’t have happened to a better pair!
I wasn't just talking about their conference schedule .... but your claim is still ridiculous.

Texas plays .....

@ Michigan
Oklahoma
Georgia
Florida
@ Arkansas
Kentucky
@ Texas A&M

Just wondering what are thoughts on the recently announced schedule? I’m excited to see our team play each game. Can’t believe UF AND ALABUBBA are one week after each other in Neyland. Two bye weeks? Go Vols!!

1 Georgia
2.Texas
3.LSU
4.OLE MISS
5. Florida State
Battered wife syndrome.

I love this schedule. Only 4 true away games and 2 are against Arkansas (bye week before) and vandy. The bye weeks are placed perfectly. I read somewhere that NO TEAM HAS A BYE BEFORE PLAYING US. No back to back away games. No back to back ranked teams. The worst part of this schedule is uf and bama back to back, but they are home games and I think you want them in that order as opposed to the other way around. We’re taking care of business in retaining our starters (minus baron), and if we make the right moves in the portal, Nico should have about as good a welcome party as you could expect.

1 Georgia
2.Texas
3.LSU
4.OLE MISS
5. Florida State
Well, to be fair, all those teams were better than us this year, some by a wide margin, and we start a new qb next year. So why should anyone expect us to be a harder game than those 5?

VN Store

Back