Tenn vs Florida St

I do appreciate your enthusiasm, but we're pretty bad and would probably play FSU pretty evenly right now. We're not in any position to laugh at other programs.

I'm not laughing at them. What I'm saying is we look to have coaches actually coaching the team up. If our QB clicks or we find one who can we are going to be fine. FSU looks like they have Jeremy Pruitt down there coaching things up.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
OP you are absolutely right on your point, Florida State is hitting new levels of rock bottom.

I’m not sure I understand the Negavol reactions here. Y’all are talking about Georgia State like they wouldn’t wipe the floor with Jacksonville State. We aren’t 0-2 with a loss to an FCS school.

So yes, you are correct, it is much better to be us than FSU at the moment. That may change over the course of the season, but they are a disaster so far this year.

Lol at the 90's stuff. Talking about 2021 and where both teams are right now it looks like we have made some strides with a staff that actually gets the team ready to play games, has a plan, and players who themselves hustle 4 quarters and give their all. Which is progress and something we haven't seen in years and has me thinking we have turned a page finally. FSU on the other hand does none of those things and is the same exact mess as they were previous years. No way I'd trade our situation for theirs.

Except their "mess" goes back about 4 years. Ours goes back about 13 at least now. It's not "90's stuff", they won the NC 8 years ago, made the first playoffs, and won the Orange Bowl in 2016. And LOL at saying we've turned the page after 2 freakin' games, one of which we lost. The same stuff was said about the last 3 coaches this early, so seriously pump the brakes.

Except their "mess" goes back about 4 years. Ours goes back about 13 at least now. It's not "90's stuff", they won the NC 8 years ago, made the first playoffs, and won the Orange Bowl in 2016. And LOL at saying we've turned the page after 2 freakin' games, one of which we lost. The same stuff was said about the last 3 coaches this early, so seriously pump the brakes.

None of that NC stuff is relevant to 2021 and none of what FSU did 4 years ago matters. I dont know of anyone who seriously said it looked like Jeremy Pruitt had the team ready to play WVA after that throttling they gave us. This team in 2 games looks light years ahead of that team's first 2 games even in the loss to Pitt. That's turning a page on how things went in previous years whether you think so or not. I never said it means we're going to be world beaters because of it.

It is amazing how some of the so called ut fans seem to really have a true dislike for them, then they mask it by saying they are realist…

Sometimes it seems that way.

And, sometimes the true UT fans can’t stop trying to pick up the turd by the clean end.

🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: marvin616
Toledo would beat this Vols team if they played today.
Well we will see how UT, Toledo, ND and FSU end up at seasons end and then I’ll reassess this conversations. FSU got beat by an FCS team that will make the playoffs but won’t come close to winning the chip!!! And yes I see JSU play every week as I live 30 minutes away from there stadium and a lot of local games are aired around these parts!

Sometimes it seems that way.

And, sometimes the true UT fans can’t stop trying to pick up the turd by the clean end.

🤷🏼‍♂️

Don’t have to bash them in every thread , I understand where they are even though I think this team with decent qb play could be decent. I guess it makes some feel better to pile on.

At least we ain’t Florida St.!
I agree with you but some posters can't understand your point and want to talk about the last 10 years. It seems as if fsu is going through the same thing we have been going through. They decided to replace a championship coach from the bargain bin.

I have a couple of buddies that are big FSU fans. They were so excited to be “getting rid of” Jimbo. I remember stuff like “He’s lost the team” and “Jimbo is old news. Bring on the Taggart era and let’s get back to winning!”

Yikes.

My sensitive eyes wouldn’t even be able to bear the violence that Jimbo’s A&M team would inflict on FSU right now.

Nobody knows if Heupel will work out here hopefully he does but Mike Norvell is off to a disastrous start. I’m glad we didn’t hire him.

Lol at the 90's stuff. Talking about 2021 and where both teams are right now it looks like we have made some strides with a staff that actually gets the team ready to play games, has a plan, and players who themselves hustle 4 quarters and give their all. Which is progress and something we haven't seen in years and has me thinking we have turned a page finally. FSU on the other hand does none of those things and is the same exact mess as they were previous years. No way I'd trade our situation for theirs.
FSU won a NC 8 yrs ago. We won a NC 23 yrs ago. We have no room to talk right now.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan

VN Store

Back