Tee Wants Miami OC Job

It was amazing how many people argued and fought for him to be hired here as HC...That would've been the biggest disaster ever to happen to UT football...Even considering it was a joke.

It’s even more amazing how many people fought that narrative that the Darnold led offenses were solely a result of his coaching and playcalling.

Well good for him! There are lots of places I would liked, other than where I am or was, to be located at some time or other. But what I want and what I get are two different things.

Same here. Just because he has turned us down in the past I think he gets some hate from our fans.

I have nothing against Tee personally, but I do think it's humorous that an offensive coach who was very publicly canned from a prominent P5 school for failure thinks he has his choice of future jobs because the college football world is blowing up his phone.

Reactions: Jack Burton
Matt Canada
Chip Long
Steve Sarkisian
Mike Yurchich
Eddie Gran

Just to name a few
I did Sark is better. Yurchich is too. Tee is not the best OC in cfb.

Long no. Tee has more success for more years. Finally played a real team this year and scored 3 whole points.

Canada is comparable. Tees teams are way more explosive though.

Eddie Gran? That is laughable.

Tee isn't the best OC in the world. He is better than a few you named though. Better than many in cfb. And out of the two clearly better who can they get?

Last edited:
Prior to this year he"shared" the duties with Helton, who came here. To those in the know, Helton did the playcalling and Tee apprenticed. This year he didn't even make it a year before he was demoted and then fired. You can call that a scapegoat if you wish, I'll just call it the facts. A proven OC has more than one year of actual being the playcaller. He isn't proven. Recruiting to USC isn't difficult. Until he's accomplished a season at the job, he isn't ready for a major HC job, and any coach who hitches their wagon to him is taking a chance. You might get good, to possibly great. You may also have to demote and fire him to save your job. The latter has occurred once already.
Stop lying dude. Some of you will straight up lie to fit you agenda.

Tee called All the plays. He got INPUT from other coaches and made the final decision. He made the gameplans. When he was wr coach he gave his input and Clay made the calls. USC always works like that. Same when Sark was there. Same at most schools.

Tee, Clay, and Tyson have all stated that Tee made all play calls. Tyson made it clear he offered input when asked. That is all. They even questioned why the message board and media charter claimed otherwise. They cleared it up several times. I doubt they would lie on themselves.

Stop lying.

Why would he? His first year as solo OC at SC they finished 82nd in offense. 2017 when he had help from Tyson Helton game planning and calling plays they finished 13th.
He has been solo. Please stop lying. Clay, Tyson, and Tee have all said the thought that they shared play calling duties is a lie. All coaches get input from other coaches. Tee made all the calls each year as OC.

He has been solo. Please stop lying. Clay, Tyson, and Tee have all said the thought that they shared play calling duties is a lie. All coaches get input from other coaches. Tee made all the calls each year as OC.
Not lying, Tee was awful and proved this year he couldn't do it on his own. He had an abundant amount of talent to work with and failed miserably. See below, you quit lying

Tennessee Vols: Tyson Helton’s Play Calling Experience

Clay Helton has been mum on how the play calling duties are shared, but Tyson Helton discussed the process a bit this past season. I’m there when Tee (Martin) needs me. I’m always trying to stay a play ahead. When he looks to me for a call, I always have a call ready. Particularly the third downs, I’m always ready in that area. We just kind of share that a little bit. Tee does a great job with it. But that’s kind of our philosophy to always stay a play ahead and then when we get in that situation and he needs me, I’ll make a call for him.

Not lying, Tee was awful and proved this year he couldn't do it on his own. He had an abundant amount of talent to work with and failed miserably. See below, you quit lying

Tennessee Vols: Tyson Helton’s Play Calling Experience

Clay Helton has been mum on how the play calling duties are shared, but Tyson Helton discussed the process a bit this past season. I’m there when Tee (Martin) needs me. I’m always trying to stay a play ahead. When he looks to me for a call, I always have a call ready. Particularly the third downs, I’m always ready in that area. We just kind of share that a little bit. Tee does a great job with it. But that’s kind of our philosophy to always stay a play ahead and then when we get in that situation and he needs me, I’ll make a call for him.

So Tee made the final decisions like I said. Tyson GAVE INPUT. Tee could chose to ask him if he had a play or not. If he liked it he went with it. If not he didn't. Tyson worked for him. Not a co-playcaller. He couldn't make a playcall ON HIS OWN. He had ideas that the boss, Tee, either asked for or didn't at his discretion. I guess you don't know how chain of command works.

So straight from his mouth. Tee ran he show and called plays. Sometimes he asked his assistant for ideas as any good boss and team player does.

The same thing happened when Tee was wr/pgc and Clay was OC. So I guess you give Tee co-playcalling duties for those years then?

So Tee made the final decisions like I said. Tyson GAVE INPUT. Tee could chose to ask him if he had a play or not. If he liked it he went with it. If not he didn't. Tyson worked for him. Not a co-playcaller. He couldn't make a playcall ON HIS OWN. He had ideas that the boss, Tee, either asked for or didn't at his discretion. I guess you don't know how chain of command works.

So straight from his mouth. Tee ran he show and called plays. Sometimes he asked his assistant for ideas as any good boss and team player does.

The same thing happened when Tee was wr/pgc and Clay was OC. So I guess you give Tee co-playcalling duties for those years then?
No, in a nice way he said Tee lacked confidence or critical thinking to make 3rd down calls. Or Clay didn't trust him to make those calls. If what you're saying is true and Tee ran his own show then he's obviously a terrible OC given the results he had this year without Helton. Again I like Tee Martin, I thought he was a helluva player here and he did some amazing things but he's not an OC or a HC.

You also didn't read this part conveniently

Helton went on to say that Martin typically handles first and second down, and that he usually has the play ready for third down. He also mentioned that he helps out a decent amount in red zone situations.

You also didn't read this part conveniently

Helton went on to say that Martin typically handles first and second down, and that he usually has the play ready for third down. He also mentioned that he helps out a decent amount in red zone situations.
I read.

He had a play READY TO USE IF TEE ACTUALLY CHOSE TO ASK HIM.

He didn't make the third down call. Tee did. He had a play suggest if he boss wanted it.

It doesnt matter if Tee used the play he suggested or one Tee thought of. Tee made the third down call.

He said several times Tee called on him AS NEEDED and he gave plays WHEN TEE WANTED HIM TO. That means he didn't call anyplays.

Tyson was Tee's assistant. He did his job.

Tee did the exact same when he was pgc. So I guess he had been calling plays by your logic.

If your boss ask you for ideas sometimes and decides to use them or not, you aren't a co decison maker. Sorry.

He wasn’t a scape goat. If you have one last season to keep your job you don’t fire a “good” OC. He fired him bc he wasn’t good. It isn’t rocket science. And if he was so good then other major programs would be tripping over themselves to hire him.

Reactions: VOLnMiami
I read.

He had a play READY TO USE IF TEE ACTUALLY CHOSE TO ASK HIM.

He didn't make the third down call. Tee did. He had a play suggest if he boss wanted it.

It doesnt matter if Tee used the play he suggested or one Tee thought of. Tee made the third down call.

He said several times Tee called on him AS NEEDED and he gave plays WHEN TEE WANTED HIM TO. That means he didn't call anyplays.

Tyson was Tee's assistant. He did his job.

Tee did the exact same when he was pgc. So I guess he had been calling plays by your logic.

If your boss ask you for ideas sometimes and decides to use them or not, you aren't a co decison maker. Sorry.

2017 USC ranked 13 in total offense, with play calling and game prep duties shared by Tee and Tyson. Which by the way has been reported by just about every USC media person who cared to write about it.

2018 USC ranked 82nd in total offense and Tee Martin gets fired. What happened? Oh yeah, Tyson Helton left.

Tee Martin is a decent recruiter and nothing more, my opinion and you're not going to change it so we can just agree to disagree. As far as what we discussed above, Google should be your guide on this. Kingsbury is going to come in and make Tee look like an overpaid gym teacher.

2017 USC ranked 13 in total offense, with play calling and game prep duties shared by Tee and Tyson. Which by the way has been reported by just about every USC media person who cared to write about it.

2018 USC ranked 82nd in total offense and Tee Martin gets fired. What happened? Oh yeah, Tyson Helton left.

Tee Martin is a decent recruiter and nothing more, my opinion and you're not going to change it so we can just agree to disagree. As far as what we discussed above, Google should be your guide on this. Kingsbury is going to come in and make Tee look like an overpaid gym teacher.
So Tyson lied about it? You do know that interview was to help clear up the lie you are telling right? That is why he said he wa ready WHEN CALLED UPON BY HIS BOSS TEE. The media had it wrong and one guy started that rumor. Then Tee and the Heltons cleared it up. Also Tee sid the same as pgc buddy. That is how a staff works.

Never ever ever had anything to do with gameprep either. All Tee. He did what assistants should do and helped.

What happened? Idk maybe the first round qb left? Lost some on the oline? Freshman qb that skipped a year of high school? Frehamn qb got hurt also?

Maybe those things happened. 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃😒😒😒

So Tyson Heloton showed in his actual first year of play calling here that he is some great playcaller? You really think his play calling here was good? 😞

His coaching here proved he wasnt the reason for Tee' s success buddy.

4 of their 5 highest scoring games came with Tee as OC last year. There stats dropped when he was demoted. That is a fact.

Kingsbury will do better probably. He is a better OC imo. He is a top 5 OC. Tee is better than most though. Let's see if KK can get the 13th ranked o like Tee had at USC.

So Tyson lied about it? You do know that interview was to help clear up the lie you are telling right? That is why he said he wa ready WHEN CALLED UPON BY HIS BOSS TEE. The media had it wrong and one guy started that rumor. Then Tee and the Heltons cleared it up. Also Tee sid the same as pgc buddy. That is how a staff works.

Never ever ever had anything to do with gameprep either. All Tee. He did what assistants should do and helped.

What happened? Idk maybe the first round qb left? Lost some on the oline? Freshman qb that skipped a year of high school? Frehamn qb got hurt also?

Maybe those things happened. 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃😒😒😒

So Tyson Heloton showed in his actual first year of play calling here that he is some great playcaller? You really think his play calling here was good? 😞

His coaching here proved he wasnt the reason for Tee' s success buddy.

4 of their 5 highest scoring games came with Tee as OC last year. There stats dropped when he was demoted. That is a fact.

Kingsbury will do better probably. He is a better OC imo. He is a top 5 OC. Tee is better than most though. Let's see if KK can get the 13th ranked o like Tee had at USC.

A. Tee Martin did rely on Helton for game prep and split play calling duties. Do the research yourself.

B. Sam Darnold didn't respect Tee Martin

C. You complain about Tyson Heltons play calling but boast about JG awesome out of this world statistics. Can you admit he was improved? Who called the plays to put him in those situations?

D. Tee Martin doesn't have it, period. And to be honest, he isn't very smart ( reference his 11 he put up on the wonderlic test ).

Stop lying dude. Some of you will straight up lie to fit you agenda.

Tee called All the plays. He got INPUT from other coaches and made the final decision. He made the gameplans. When he was wr coach he gave his input and Clay made the calls. USC always works like that. Same when Sark was there. Same at most schools.

Tee, Clay, and Tyson have all stated that Tee made all play calls. Tyson made it clear he offered input when asked. That is all. They even questioned why the message board and media charter claimed otherwise. They cleared it up several times. I doubt they would lie on themselves.

Stop lying.

The facts remain, he sucks at it. His WR development is suspect. He gets credit for far more than he is capable. Overrated would be accurate. I have no agenda, I wish Tee was as good as he wished and you think. He just isn't.

Tee 2017 OC

VN Store

Back