Tee coming home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like him as a recruiting coordinator. He didn't do so well as OC in Cali.

If Fulmer still likes him, he could get a look as a position coach at some point. Too much of a risk for OC at this time in history. Don't think his wife will let him leave LA and live close to his ex-wife.

What has Tee shown, other than he was the QB that won a NC at the UT, that he deserves to be on the staff as a coach? Seriously.... Honestly, Al Wilson and the D was the reason for that title and back to back Southeastern Conference titles. Period.

"You know what they say: fool me once, strike one. Fool me twice... strike three" -Michael Scott

Its not automatic that good players make good coaches....it happens occasionally just like some bad players make great coaches. And some great players are terrible coaches.

Thus far Tee's career moved up pretty fast (to kiffin at USC) simply cause he was an effective recruiter. He probably needs to step back a level and learn more about the game under a great HC. His only experience thus far with a great HC was Fulmer. JMO
Bad players make good coaches because they get a lot of pine time and are able to watch everything unfold while the good players are out on the field being good at that one thing they do.

What has Tee shown, other than he was the QB that won a NC at the UT, that he deserves to be on the staff as a coach? Seriously.... Honestly, Al Wilson and the D was the reason for that title and back to back Southeastern Conference titles. Period.
1. Recruiting - he's one of the best out there.
2. Player development - a lot of the WR's he coached are in the NFL doing great right now. Oh yeah his QB from last year was also taken top 5.

Reactions: lexkyvol
I take it, you didn't see the opening game against Syracuse.

Reactions: govols10302bb
Jesus Christ can we please FORGET TEE MARTIN as a coach???? He is jobless and not mentioned in any search for a reason but every third week we have to endure a thread about Tee being back at UT. He got play calling duties taken away from him mid way through last season and then was not retained after the season......did you ever think he may not be that good of a coach? He played on our NC team but you rarely ever see him back on campus or promoting UT, maybe he is just not that fond of UT any more. Just leave it alone and forget he exists unless you are watching '98 highlights.
why would he promote UT while coaching at another school? Maybe, just maybe he's been focusing on trying to be the best coach he could be. There's a lot of things that go into a team winning or losing, just ask all the coaches before coach Majors.

Reactions: JazzMaster001

Welp,
I guess you missed the Syracuse game???

Peyton could not do it with the same defense.

I'd take Tee over Will Friend all day long :p

Reactions: lexkyvol
Comming from Southern California back to Ktown would be culture shock for Tee, one that I wouldn't blame him for not considering, it is what it is

Reactions: Cobb-Webb 1989
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back