Tee coming also?

Don’t see him employed then

I think he would take an OC or HC job at a much smaller school before taking a position coach job at a premier program. Just an assumption and you know what they say about those!

I hope he does come here. Hit reset on the career trajectory for a moment and show what he can do in a smaller role. He has time for it.

He's going to fool around and be without a job this fall.

Nope, I think unless PruFul push HARD on him to come here, Saban will hire him as a position coach. And it will cost the UT in vital recruiting battles. Perhaps then his UT fans haters will be quite pleased. Would serve them right I'd say. Sadly yes, but I'd say.

Nope, I think unless PruFul push HARD on him to come here, Saban will hire him as a position coach. And it will cost the UT in vital recruiting battles. Perhaps then his UT fans haters will be quite pleased. Would serve them right I'd say. Sadly yes, but I'd say.
This BS is getting old. We all have respect for Tee Martin the University of Tennessee QB that won us a National Championship. However just because he was our hero QB doesn't make him the elite coach that some of you want to make him out to be. I love Tee Martin the QB I just don't love Tee Martin the coach.

But all the experts swore he will never ever get an OC job. Despite being one of the most successful and well-respected available coaches.
“All the experts”? You oughta use that. 😉 Very successful position coach and recruiter. Unproven playcaller who got fired from the job. But so did Miami’s new HC...so there’s a connection.

This BS is getting old. We all have respect for Tee Martin the University of Tennessee QB that won us a National Championship. However just because he was our hero QB doesn't make him the elite coach that some of you want to make him out to be. I love Tee Martin the QB I just don't love Tee Martin the coach.
Meh, this chit happens almost on a daily basis around here. Someone talks about someone like they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. Someone else responds they aren't that great then.....WHYyou hate????

Then it just snowballs.

I like Peyton Manning.

"He ain't the GOAT dumbass"

Lol.

well said
All of these posters who think Tee has become the forth part of the Trinity have been listening to Swain too much. On his program he mentions what a wonderful get Tee would be every 5 minutes. Besides Ole Tee hasn't shone much desire to be part of the UT family since he left in 88.

Reactions: AM64
its crazy how folk LOVE to disrespect the qb of our last national championship team.

i read no disrespect; i see honor to his playing days but reality to the fact that he is not a good coach.......a great heart surgeon won't necessessarily make a good teacher

I just ask, in which I don’t think he would. Would he be happy that he would be closer to him?

How are we suppose to know that? Just because they share DNA doesn't automatically mean they want to spend time together. And just from looking at the opportunities they had to be together and went in opposite directions, well it seems doubtful.

i read no disrespect; i see honor to his playing days but reality to the fact that he is not a good coach.......a great heart surgeon won't necessessarily make a good teacher

I think he has been a very successful position coach. He is a great recruiter, who might do even better, in the right position at UT.

He may have "failed" as an OC, but I also think as someone else said, he may have been used as a scapegoat. I think he deserves another chance at OC, but I think he needs to earn that chance somewhere, or go to a smaller school.

I personally think it would be awesome if he came here, proved himself, and moved up to OC or HC sometime say 5 years down the road. If he really is as good as he thinks he is, we (or some other school) will see that, and he will eventually get his chance again.

The thing for him is that he needs to swallow some pride, and realize that he could make more as a recruiter and position coach here than he could as a head coach at some smaller schools.

How many National Championships did Tee Martin win at Tennessee?

He was part of a team that won one. He didnt specifically win anything. The 1998 team won. Just like no team Peyton was on won one. Its silly when people make it sound like a QB won this or has whatever record as a starter. Its a team sport.

“All the experts”? You oughta use that. 😉 Very successful position coach and recruiter. Unproven playcaller who got fired from the job. But so did Miami’s new HC...so there’s a connection.
Yep calling plays for USC means he is unproven. Sure. 👍

VN Store

Back