Team News (current roster)

This might be the most athletic/talented and deep team we’ve ever had. Just need someone to step up behind Pons and Fulky. Can’t wait to see this team play.
No doubt that’s the biggest question mark imo...someone of Anosike/ORN/Plavsic needs to step up and be a 20-25mpg reliable piece to the puzzle that can defend and doesn’t give us much of a drop off.

No doubt that’s the biggest question mark imo...someone of Anosike/ORN/Plavsic needs to step up and be a 20-25mpg reliable piece to the puzzle that can defend and doesn’t give us much of a drop off.

I think Anosike can be that guy, just needs to prove he can play at this level.

Plavsic and ORN can’t be no shows.

Anyone foresee them putting out a lineup of Vescovi, Johnson, Springer, and JJJ to go along with 1 of the 3 main posts? Obviously this wouldn't be the main lineup, but a change of pace. JJJ should be able to hold his own down there on D against most teams.

Anyone foresee them putting out a lineup of Vescovi, Johnson, Springer, and JJJ to go along with 1 of the 3 main posts? Obviously this wouldn't be the main lineup, but a change of pace. JJJ should be able to hold his own down there on D against most teams.

I do think JJJ will probably get several minutes in a 4 maybe even 5 spot to ensure he gets on the floor enough MPG.

Edit: Especially if EJ/ORN/PLAV aren't able.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I definitely think you’ll see some of that, especially against smaller teams...would allow “your best players” to play more minutes than a traditional lineup likely would.

I've said it from day one, he reminds me of a young Scottie Pippen. He's a stat stuffer and a mismatch at both ends of the floor I feel. If healthy I think he's the difference maker in winning championships and tournaments.

That's actually probably a really good comparison. I didn't know/reslize his stats were as low as they were until all of the Jordan vs Lebron talk came out. (They were still good) Pippen has also been given a lot of credit recently for being the main ball handler/assists leader for the 92 DreamTeam.
This is the statistics for the DreamTeam. I never thought of it before, but these stats look very similar to what a college team would look like.

Attachments

• IMG_3588.PNG
    IMG_3588.PNG
    271.1 KB · Views: 32

I've noticed a lot of these "pre-season" award watch lists, yet almost none of the ones I've seen have contained any Tennessee players. Am I the only one that thinks that is weird? We're expected to be a Top-10 team and Keon and Jaden are potential first round draft picks, yet no one has these guys (or Pons) on watch lists for best in their position?

I've noticed a lot of these "pre-season" award watch lists, yet almost none of the ones I've seen have contained any Tennessee players. Am I the only one that thinks that is weird? We're expected to be a Top-10 team and Keon and Jaden are potential first round draft picks, yet no one has these guys (or Pons) on watch lists for best in their position?

SG is the only position I’ve seen him do so far, not many freshman on that list...and the guys towards the end of that list were putting up 15ppg last year, you expect Keon to average 15+ppg?

SG is the only position I’ve seen him do so far, not many freshman on that list...and the guys towards the end of that list were putting up 15ppg last year, you expect Keon to average 15+ppg?

I've also seen Katz do the Top-20 PG's and I believe PF as well. No, I don't expect Keon to average 15 PPG. He could, but it's not what I expect. I never said that he would either. I'm not even saying we NEED to have players on these lists, I am merely commenting that I think it's a bit odd a Top-10 team doesn't seem to have any one on the awards watch lists I've seen.

I've also seen Katz do the Top-20 PG's and I believe PF as well. No, I don't expect Keon to average 15 PPG. He could, but it's not what I expect. I never said that he would either. I'm not even saying we NEED to have players on these lists, I am merely commenting that I think it's a bit odd a Top-10 team doesn't seem to have any one on the awards watch lists I've seen.
Do you have a link to his other lists, I looked and didn’t see any others? I would think Fulk and MAYBE Pons would be the only 2 guys in consideration for these lists.

I think Keon will put up similar numbers to that guard UK had last year, Tyrese Maxey.

I think Springer will be a Frank Mason type player. See some similarities in their game.

Our guards will feast this year.

On the current team practice started last week but with a skeleton crew as multiple players were involved in contract tracing and were absent. The squad got back to full strength this week. The usual buzz about Keon Johnson and Jaden Springer impressing has continued to trickle out but we also keep hearing that Santiago Vescovi has taken a huge step forward and is the most improved player on the team.
-VQ

barnes has so many options. we could essentially roll out two different squads and wear folks down.

22 minutes:
pg scovi
sg keon j.
g/w jjj
sf pons
pf/c fulky

12 minutes:
pg bailey
sg springer
gw e.j. anosike
f walker/nkamhoua
c uros

6 minutes:
pg springer
w gaines
f ?
f walker/nkamhoua
f pember

barnes has so many options. we could essentially roll out two different squads and wear folks down.

22 minutes:
pg scovi
sg keon j.
g/w jjj
sf pons
pf/c fulky

12 minutes:
pg bailey
sg springer
gw e.j. anosike
f walker/nkamhoua
c uros

6 minutes:
pg springer
w gaines
f ?
f walker/nkamhoua
f pember

22 minutes:
pg scovi
sg keon j.
g/w jjj
sf pons
pf/c fulky

12 minutes:
pg bailey
sg springer
gw e.j. anosike
f walker/nkamhoua
c uros

6 minutes:
pg springer
w gaines
f ?
f walker/nkamhoua
f pember

This is what I’ve been saying man! Like the UK team that went 35-1 or whatever I think. They essentially had two lineups.
Vescovi
Johnson
JJJ
Pons
Fulky

Then the next 5
Bailey
Springer
Walker
Nkam
Anosike

Reactions: GojiraVol17

22 minutes:
pg scovi
sg keon j.
g/w jjj
sf pons
pf/c fulky

12 minutes:
pg bailey
sg springer
gw e.j. anosike
f walker/nkamhoua
c uros

6 minutes:
pg springer
w gaines
f ?
f walker/nkamhoua
f pember
The disrespect to Ticket. Hollywood is our best defender, he'll be on the floor this year...well, oh yeah we have many great players. okay, hear me out. I hope Ticket is on the floor more than 6 minutes a game this year.

VN Store

Back