Team News (current roster)

Barnes really does recruit some high character kids as Keon and his family is big on academics as well. I only think he might leave early because he might play his way into a lottery pic. He's put on some good weight, gonna remind a bunch of old timers of a guy named Len Bias I think.
Who is going to remind us of Bias ? Because I remember Bias. I saw that game where Bias almost single handedly beat UNC for their first loss ever, at the Dean Dome.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Barnes really does recruit some high character kids as Keon and his family is big on academics as well. I only think he might leave early because he might play his way into a lottery pic. He's put on some good weight, gonna remind a bunch of old timers of a guy named Len Bias I think.
Were you not the poster a couple months ago that said there was no chance he was leaving early? Or was that someone else?

Reactions: TheMookieMonster

I think that Bias had a much larger frame. Dude was all shoulders. Like a bigger version of Dale Ellis.

Who is going to remind us of Bias ? Because I remember Bias. I saw that game where Bias almost single handedly beat UNC for their first loss ever, at the Dean Dome.
I think Keon with his added weight is going to show athletically and physically to be similar to Bias.

I think Keon with his added weight is going to show athletically and physically to be similar to Bias.
I hope u are right, but Bias was a.true 6'8, 80s power forward with 2020 PF game, with his unstoppable mid-range game that would be extended to 3-point range, in today's game, imo. The size difference and the way Bias played around the basket, make me disagree with the Keon comparison. I think Keon is senior level Josh Richardson, right now as a freshman. But, I've been wrong many times before, just going by their similar size and devotion to defense. Plus, Richardson kinda figured it out on offense during that NCAA run as a junior. Hoping Keon is already there on the offensive side

I hope u are right, but Bias was a.true 6'8, 80s power forward with 2020 PF game, with his unstoppable mid-range game that would be extended to 3-point range, in today's game, imo. The size difference and the way Bias played around the basket, make me disagree with the Keon comparison. I think Keon is senior level Josh Richardson, right now as a freshman. But, I've been wrong many times before, just going by their similar size and devotion to defense. Plus, Richardson kinda figured it out on offense during that NCAA run as a junior. Hoping Keon is already there on the offensive side
Bias played more at the 3 than he did power forward in college. He was pretty skinny his 1st couple of seasons, he was a physical beast by the time he got drafted. Keon has has his midrange game and gets up off the ground on his jumpshot similar to Bias. Quick hops! Bias definitely was more powerful but Keon has really transformed his body in the last year, if he plays physical because of it I think he'll remind us of Bias. Josh Richardson played out of control a bunch I always thought, Keon plays fast but never seems to be rushed, raw but smooth.

Reactions: walkenvol
Bias played more at the 3 than he did power forward in college. He was pretty skinny his 1st couple of seasons, he was a physical beast by the time he got drafted. Keon has has his midrange game and gets up off the ground on his jumpshot similar to Bias. Quick hops! Bias definitely was more powerful but Keon has really transformed his body in the last year, if he plays physical because of it I think he'll remind us of Bias. Josh Richardson played out of control a bunch I always thought, Keon plays fast but never seems to be rushed, raw but smooth.
Agree to disagree on the Bias and Richardson comparisons. But, agree, on Keon being the "Truth" for UT, this year. I don't want Keon, to be one and done, but I believe his all around game is just too good, especially if he becomes around a 40% shooter on his 3's

If he's not a lottery pick I'd be very surprised if he left early but a kid simply can't turn down that type of money.
Must have been someone else then, thought it was you...there was a poster saying they knew his family and that he wouldn’t be leaving after one year.

Yea, it was @PulaskiVolFan i was thinking of, knew I wasn’t crazy...

All common sense predictions. It's not hard to predict who the top 8 are going to be and I think it's laughable at some of the opinions of JJJ as a player. I personally think JJJ will likely go pro before the other 2. I don't know much about Springer, but knowing the Johnson family story I'd be surprised if he was a one and done type.

His family is big on academics and I just think he'll invest time into college. It would not surprise me to see him stay until he gets his degree before moving on. Just my opinion and would not surprise me either way he was to go.

Why not? It's happened numerous times over the years and it's usually been from a kid who's family value education and ethics over money and fame. If you have ever met them you'd know how important those values are to him and his family. I don't think anyone should turn down guaranteed millions over education but everyone doesn't feel the same way. His family has some wealth I believe so it's not like he is currently struggling. I'm just saying it would not surprise me at all to see him in Knoxville for 2-3 years.

Most definitely, now go tell his mother and father that. I'm just saying that not everyone sees it the same and I'm only guessing based off personal evaluation after meeting and talking with Keon a couple of times.

He's the same level prospect today that he was 2 years ago, his stock has always been 1st round potential and I believe he will not be a one and done player. I think he's here to enjoy the college experience and at least get a good start on his education. There are no guarantees in the NBA draft anyway unless you're projected top 3 or so. His family is level headed and I doubt would want him to leave free school for the draft unless they knew for sure he was a top 10 pick.

Reactions: TheMookieMonster
So which is it @PulaskiVolFan, he’s here to enjoy college and isn’t a one and done? Or now you agree with what we were all saying that a kid isn’t going to turn down lottery pick money?

If he's not a lottery pick I'd be very surprised if he left early but a kid simply can't turn down that type of money.

Nets sign second camp deal: 6’5" Tennessee guard Jordan Bowden

"Exhibit 10 deals are one-year contracts for the league minimum salary. The contract includes an optional bonus up to $50,000 if the player does not make it in training camp but is assigned to the team’s NBA G League affiliate. In this case, the Long Island Nets."

So which is it @PulaskiVolFan, he’s here to enjoy college and isn’t a one and done? Or now you agree with what we were all saying that a kid isn’t going to turn down lottery pick money?
I haven't changed my stance much. If he's not a lottery pick I believe he'll stay in Knoxville, his family values education, he's even mentioned it in his interviews. Not sure what point you're trying to prove as I said basically the same thing before.

I haven't changed my stance much. If he's not a lottery pick I believe he'll stay in Knoxville, his family values education, he's even mentioned it in his interviews. Not sure what point you're trying to prove as I said basically the same thing before.
You previously stated he’d have to be Top 10 guarantee, do you not realize the difference?

VN Store

Back