Team News (current roster)

There was another SEC coach in his 3rd season that was picked 13th. I doubt very seriously, that Crean has any where near the success that Barnes had in his 3rd season, tho. I do think Crean is a pretty good coach, but so far, he's laid an egg at Georgia.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Yes, which is why those defending him a couple months ago was surprising to me.
I still think he's a pretty good coach. His struggles there have surprised me. I wouldn't trade him for Barnes, by any means, but he isn't a bad coach, IMO. And he is a likable guy.

I still think he's a pretty good coach. His struggles there have surprised me. I wouldn't trade him for Barnes, by any means, but he isn't a bad coach, IMO. And he is a likable guy.

Comparing his 3 year stint to CCM, who just about everyone here has labeled one of the worst coaches to roam a SEC sideline, is a little head scratching. I’m sure many will point to what was inherited by each, however those are the same people saying it should take 1-2 years max to turn a program around...doubt Crean is going 24-13(11-7) and finishing 4th in the SEC in Year 3, but we’ll see.

Comparing his 3 year stint to CCM, who just about everyone here has labeled one of the worst coaches to roam a SEC sideline, is a little head scratching. I’m sure many will point to what was inherited by each, however those are the same people saying it should take 1-2 years max to turn a program around...doubt Crean is going 24-13(11-7) and finishing 4th in the SEC in Year 3, but we’ll see.
Just for the record, I'm not in the above bolded camp.

It may be true at some places, but not at a place like Georgia where there has never been a serious athletic department commitment to basketball. Same as it was for Pearl at Auburn. Almost identical situations. Pearl had to build a program, not a team. I think the same is true of Crean at Georgia. And yes, I highly doubt he duplicates Zo's third season at Tennessee, this year. Partly because, as you said, the talent each inherited was quite different, and also, the SEC is much better top to bottom than it was 7 years ago.

Sounds like CBB is like it to do that same as football and that their year won’t count towards eligibility....if that’s the case I’m sure Pons is gone, but I do wonder about Fulk & Anosike, I could see 1 or both potentially sticking around another year. That would really change the outlook in the post for 21-22.

If Gaines stuck around all 5 years, I think he would be 24 his senior year....or close to it.

Id be surprised if Auburn didn’t finish higher than 8th. Whether you like CBP or not, his teams consistently win games

Bruce Pearl’s 2020-21 season has a good chance of mirroring Rick Barnes’s 2019-20 season. Both lost a ton of talent and leadership, and will have to rely on young guys to take key roles.

Bruce Pearl’s 2020-21 season has a good chance of mirroring Rick Barnes’s 2019-20 season. Both lost a ton of talent and leadership, and will have to rely on young guys to take key roles.

It would be nice if Pearl got a bit of a comeuppance this season and fell back to earth a bit. He's been riding high the past few years. Hopefully some of the insane luck they've had in OT games and close games finally goes the other way.

Everything looked good except for Vescovi leaving his feet to make two passes. Leaving his feet to make passes was the one thing I wanted Vescovi to improve on this offseason.
I was about to comment this, he has got to cut that out. Especially the first time it looked like he didn't have a plan for where to go with the basketball when he left his feet.
Unrelated, is Keon Johnson wearing 23 now? There's nobody with that number listed on the roster and it looked like him

Really disappointed in the NCAA for continuing to make the same mistake. Absolutely no reason to punish HS recruits for allowing these current college players get to play another year with this season not counting.
Really dumb

Reactions: agreenhillsvol
I was about to comment this, he has got to cut that out. Especially the first time it looked like he didn't have a plan for where to go with the basketball when he left his feet.
Unrelated, is Keon Johnson wearing 23 now? There's nobody with that number listed on the roster and it looked like him
That was him.

Reactions: Vol49er
Everything looked good except for Vescovi leaving his feet to make two passes. Leaving his feet to make passes was the one thing I wanted Vescovi to improve on this offseason.

Gonna disagree with both of you. First one was pretty obviously a planned no look to the corner and he turned his head and shoulders to look off the defender. You could see he had decided to pass it to the corner as he was gathering the ball. The second one he even looked in the middle to see his teammate before locking his eyes to the opposite corner 1. to keep his line of site while moving forward and 2. to hold the baseline defender in front of him still.

Had no problem with either play. Just have to pay a bit more attention to what's happening in the lead up. Also, very hard to say it's a problem and bad decision making on a 40second Twitter video that is zoomed in one a tenth of the whole court. That being said, I didn't see anything wrong with those particular plays. Jump passing while out of control is a problem, but he obviously had passes in mind before making the jump as opposed to last year when the jumps were a last option.

Reactions: pimo1 and LeannaVol
As predictable as the sun coming up

lol

Life must go on and you can’t cram 5 classes into 4. Hs seniors can’t get their years back so college kids shouldn’t get theirs either.
Life sucks right now for a lot of people but you can’t stop time

lol

Life must go on and you can’t cram 5 classes into 4. Hs seniors can’t get their years back so college kids shouldn’t get theirs either.
Life sucks right now for a lot of people but you can’t stop time
Lol all you want, it’s going to happen and everyone will be just fine.

VN Store

Back