Talk of Chip Long to Tennessee as Offensive Analyst

Hill...lol. Got a good friend who's a D analyst in the NFL and most NFL teams are using them. It's filtered down into College now.
They leave no stone unturned knowing such things as what plays teams run the most on certain down and distances etc.
He could have been analyzing GA State and BYU last year while the rest of the staff concentrated on Florida.

Reactions: vettefool
I just don't see it. Maybe he's better than I realize but I'm not sure what he could add other than extra set of eyes evaluating game film. Maybe he'll notice some things that can be implemented in our game plans but I don't see how he's any better than a typical SEC analyst.

It's about workload. While Chaney is preparing for the next opponent, this guy can be preparing for the one after that.

Rumors out of South Bend were that there was fixing to be a mutiny of players if Chip Long returned.

Great Coach
Great Recruiter

Struggled mightily in the locker room. Tifwiw

More off field staff changes happening?

Tennessee: Sources tell FootballScoop Jeremy Pruitt plans to hire Andrew Warsaw as his new director of football operations.

Warsaw served in the same capacity for Joe Moorhead at Mississippi State the past two seasons.

Warsaw was the NFLā€™s Director of Game Operations (2016-17) before joining Moorheadā€™s MSU staff in 2018. He also has administrative experience as the director of football operations at Purdue (2015-16) and three seasons as the operations coordinator at Arizona (2013-15). His duties included day-to-day operations, travel coordination, player personnel and recruiting logistics.

Current Director of Football Operations Todd Watson isnā€™t going anywhere though, Per FootballScoop, Watson wonā€™t be leaving the Volunteers, but his title and role within the staff are being adjusted. Watson joined the UT staff after serving as Director of Operations and High School Relations for Troy from 2015-17.

Last edited:
Rumors out of South Bend were that there was fixing to be a mutiny of players if Chip Long returned.

Great Coach
Great Recruiter

Uh....so those putting out rumors want people outside the ND crapshoot want us to believe that LONG is worse with players than Brian Kelly?

Sorry, but I'm just not gonna buy it......Kelly's days are numbered at ND....

Reactions: butchna
I work with a ND fan and when they announced the Long was leaving he thought that he was going to be the head coach of Memphis. Long has been interviewed for HC positions and Bama wanted him as OC at one point. I am unsure how he fell to analyst but he should help alot. There were rumblings some players at ND didn't like him much, but I don't know how much he will actually be working with players in his new role. Should help improve our atrocious redzone offense.

Most because Notre Dame is still paying his salary and this gives him time to assess the market for his services. He will likely be in high demand next offseason and will decide where and what he wants to do

Great Coach
Great Recruiter

Heā€™s probably a lot like Butch Jones. And I donā€™t mean that in a joking way.

VN Store

Back