Talk of Chip Long to Tennessee as Offensive Analyst

UTgrad2015

Board man gets paid
In all fairness, he didn't have much of a question to work with.
So... we have tons of offensive coaches who never analyze our offense, and this guy is supposed to do something that no one on our staff can do.

Maybe I should have clarified my question. What does he bring to an offense that OC can’t already do? Chaney can’t “analyze” our offense with x amount of years of experience running offense?

GAVol

Super Moderator
Staff member
So... we have tons of offensive coaches who never analyze our offense, and this guy is supposed to do something that no one on our staff can do.

Maybe I should have clarified my question. What does he bring to an offense that OC can’t already do? Chaney can’t “analyze” our offense with x amount of years of experience running offense?
We get a young, former Power 5 OC to put in the office and film room for next to nothing. It's a no brainer if for no other reason than to use the contacts in his phone.

SmokyRiverDog

I would assume the number and quality of analysts determine the volume and quality of data that can be processed for a game plan.

ABINGDON VOL FAN

It helps with Chaney’s workload which helps the entire program. Chaney may delegate responsibilities to a specific analyst for the purpose of studying certain types of plays he wants some information on. A greater number of analysts may produce more information. JMO.

Last edited:

VN Store

Sponsors