Talk of Chip Long to Tennessee as Offensive Analyst

Chaney is best a analyzing which buffet , in and around Knoxville , has the best cream potatoes !!!!!!

I’m curious how the current RPO’s differ from the triple option used in the 70’s excluding the fact that teams usually have one back vs. the three they used 40 years ago.
There is a real “pass” option in the RPO system.

It helps with Chaney’s workload which helps the entire program. Chaney may delegate responsibilities to a specific analyst for the purpose of studying certain types of plays he wants some information on. A greater number of analysts may produce more information. JMO.
We definitely need to free up more eating time for Chaney

12th best recruiter in the nation on the cheap.

There’s more to this story.

Either we’re just lucky currently or CCW is out.

So... we have tons of offensive coaches who never analyze our offense, and this guy is supposed to do something that no one on our staff can do.

Maybe I should have clarified my question. What does he bring to an offense that OC can’t already do? Chaney can’t “analyze” our offense with x amount of years of experience running offense?
He brings a different perspective to the offense and adds on campus recruiting for Memphis.

The guy brings a strong concept coaching skillset to the O that fills a gap in what Chaney does. He has very strong ideas about different forms of pulling to lead block, different screens, different way of teaching backs to look at gaps, a different route tree, RPO plays. Basically a way to assist Chaney tweak and expand the O. Another set of eyes with a different perspective looking at film, evaluating how the O can be more effective and less predictable.

He brings a different perspective to the offense and adds on campus recruiting for Memphis.

The guy brings a strong concept coaching skillset to the O that fills a gap in what Chaney does. He has very strong ideas about different forms of pulling to lead block, different screens, different way of teaching backs to look at gaps, a different route tree, RPO plays. Basically a way to assist Chaney tweak and expand the O. Another set of eyes with a different perspective looking at film, evaluating how the O can be more effective and less predictable.

building the best Offense for Bailey to win in and set records never seen before at Tennessee.

This is exactly what I was looking for

Would be a nice addition as an analyst but I think some folks ITT might be overestimating his potential impact.

VN Store

Back