Talk of Chip Long to Tennessee as Offensive Analyst

At least google him before you spaz out online

That said this is a massive pick up and BOOM worthy. Dude is an RPO genius.
...along with the TE coach(forgetting his name temp.). I guess we may see more RPO’s now. Can Bailey run RPO’s effectively?

...along with the TE coach(forgetting his name temp.). I guess we may see more RPO’s now. Can Bailey run RPO’s effectively?
WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' OPTIONS! We just "DO WHAT WE WANNA DO"! No options, just WGWTHFA!

Osovet is the real RPO genius.

He created the RPO and has been teaching it to college and NFL coaches for many years.

Now we have LOADS or knowledge and experience on the O side of our ball.

Pruitt is really serious about getting our O and scoring going like he wants it to go.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

So... we have tons of offensive coaches who never analyze our offense, and this guy is supposed to do something that no one on our staff can do.

Maybe I should have clarified my question. What does he bring to an offense that OC can’t already do? Chaney can’t “analyze” our offense with x amount of years of experience running offense?

You ever watch Money Ball ?

Osovet is the real RPO genius.

He created the RPO and has been teaching it to college and NFL coaches for many years.

Now we have LOADS or knowledge and experience on the O side of our ball.

Pruitt is really serious about getting our O and scoring going like he wants it to go.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

VFL...GBO!!!
I’m curious how the current RPO’s differ from the triple option used in the 70’s excluding the fact that teams usually have one back vs. the three they used 40 years ago.

Reactions: LittleVol
Is this guy Brad Pitt or Jonah Hill?

Hill...lol. Got a good friend who's a D analyst in the NFL and most NFL teams are using them. It's filtered down into College now.
They leave no stone unturned knowing such things as what plays teams run the most on certain down and distances etc.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Chip Long is well respected and will be a positive asset to the TN program. He knows the game and players tend to like him and relate to him really well. Good recruiter too if we ever get to use him in that capacity. Surprised he was still there for the taking, but glad he fell into our lap. I'm certainly happy about the addition.

Wow. Pruitt making some moves this offseason. Good pickup if it happens. I wonder what Chaney and Tee think about it though?

As Notre Dame’s offensive coordinator, the Irish ranked in the top 45 in the FBS in points per game and yards per game all three years he was in South Bend. This past season, Notre Dame averaged 36.8 points a game, which ranked 13th in the nation. The Irish’s 431.2 yards per game ranked 44th in the country. At Memphis, the Tigers averaged 38.8 points a game and 463.7 yards a game in Long’s lone year as their OC.

Long is regarded as an innovator in the RPO offense, much like newly-promoted tight ends coach Joe Osovet for Tennessee. Osovet’s offenses in the junior college ranks were explosive and high-scoring, just like Long’s offenses have been statistically at the FBS level.

As a recruiter, Long seemed to come into his own at Notre Dame. He was credited as the primary recruiter for five-star tight end Michael Mayer, four-star running back Chris Tyree, four-star offensive tackle Tosh Baker, four-star quarterback Drew Pyne, four-star tight end Kevin Bauman, and three-star wide receiver Xavier Watts in Notre Dame’s 2020 class. On 247Sports, Long is listed as the 12th-best recruiter in the 2020 cycle across the entire FBS.

Report: Pruitt to Make Big Addition to Staff | Rocky Top Insider

Reactions: TN_Transplant

VN Store

Back