Tagovailoa move from Hawaii question?

Not true at all. The TIght-Rope fixation system is marketed by Arthrex and is available to any orthopedic surgeon. May need to take a little course by Arthrex but I doubt it. It is a very straight forward procedure

Good technology that a few other companies offer. The surgeon doesn’t need a course if he has moderate skills and can run a power drill.

Im curious to what motive saban has for having a car lot in Nashville.

Good business smarts. He knows there's tons of bandwagon Bama fans in Music City. Drain their wallets while the flood is high. Smart man.

Last edited:
I am just curious as to why more has not been made of this family move from Hawaii. I find it very suspicious that nobody can say where the father or family works in Alabama. I'm sure there were all kinds of booster dealings behind the scenes to get this family jobs and moved from Hawaii to Alabama. Just seems to me this should have red flags all over it at the NCAA office. Looks pretty clear to me this family was taken care of for the signature of their two son's.

And on a second thought, during last nights broadcast the announcers said the procedure that was done on Tua's ankle is only available by Alabama team doctors to Alabama athletes. This seems like an extra benefit/unfair advantage that the NCAA should not allow because it is not offered to every athlete. I mean think about it, had the same injury happened to another QB competing in the playoffs, that QB would have probably been out without this procedure.

They probably just rent there house out in HI which generates enough income to rent a bigger house in AL. And Saban probably set them up with a job connected to one of his car dealerships in AL.

I find it weird that starters drive 70k suvs but then again was visiting LSU campus a few months ago and a player was showing off hos tesla suv.

I am just curious as to why more has not been made of this family move from Hawaii. I find it very suspicious that nobody can say where the father or family works in Alabama. I'm sure there were all kinds of booster dealings behind the scenes to get this family jobs and moved from Hawaii to Alabama. Just seems to me this should have red flags all over it at the NCAA office. Looks pretty clear to me this family was taken care of for the signature of their two son's.

And on a second thought, during last nights broadcast the announcers said the procedure that was done on Tua's ankle is only available by Alabama team doctors to Alabama athletes. This seems like an extra benefit/unfair advantage that the NCAA should not allow because it is not offered to every athlete. I mean think about it, had the same injury happened to another QB competing in the playoffs, that QB would have probably been out without this procedure.
Talk about moving from paradise to an outhouse...Wow

I find it weird that starters drive 70k suvs but then again was visiting LSU campus a few months ago and a player was showing off hos tesla suv.

It may be hard to believe but not all recruits come out of the government projects. Some even have parents with college degrees themselves. Leasing is also an option for players with SEC stipends. A lot of parents who don't have to worry about paying a $50,000 dollar a year education can afford to buy or lease their child a nice vehicle for school. It's literally their only investment. Have you looked around your own campus and actually know what vehicles your favorite players are driving these days?

Reactions: hmhawk
It may be hard to believe but not all recruits come out of the government projects. Some even have parents with college degrees themselves. Leasing is also an option for players with SEC stipends. A lot of parents who don't have to worry about paying a $50,000 dollar a year education can afford to buy or lease their child a nice vehicle for school. It's literally their only investment. Have you looked around your own campus and actually know what vehicles your favorite players are driving these days?
If we are paying players, we are getting robbed. I saw pics of Dobbs on a scooter..

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Me and my fiancé were talking about this last night. Who on gods green earth would want to move to Alabama from Hawaii. Go from the prettiest, to one of the nastier states in the country. Makes absolute zero sense.
Parents will do almost anything for our kids. Not to mention, they stand to benefit as well.

Edit: Also, there is no way that only the Alabama doctors in this whole world are the only doctors who know how to perform whatever procedure was done. So I think this is an invalid point.
That's what I thought too. There's no way that procedure is unknown to everyone except Bama's doctors, or is only available to Alabama players. Makes for good "they're cheating!" discussion though. I don't know where ESPN was going with that claim, or if they just made it up for dramatic effect, but there's no way it's accurate.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL

Loans for future earnings through local banks. Untraceable cash funds that are located off shore bank accounts and the players are given debit cards to access the funds through 3rd parties. Everybody has evolved it seems.

The SEC office is located just outside B'Ham in the suburbs. Everyone working there from the commissioner to the lowest admin type is a die hard citizen of Bama. The NCAA before doing an investigation of an SEC team more especially Bama would probably pay a courtesy check to the SEC folks. Who in turn get that info out to especially Bama to get cleaned up before the NCAA arrives. There is corruption IMO at the SEC level and the NCAA has and will ignore it until it becomes so egregious it blows up in their faces.
The fact that the SEC office is still there is kind of funny to me. Hell, Media Days was at some hotel in Hoover (not even B'ham, but Hoover) until a couple of years ago. Seems like it would/should have moved to Atlanta a long time ago.

That's what I thought too. There's no way that procedure is unknown to everyone except Bama's doctors, or is only available to Alabama players. Makes for good "they're cheating!" discussion though. I don't know where ESPN was going with that claim, or if they just made it up for dramatic effect, but there's no way it's accurate.

Unless ESPN got word that a generous amount of deer antler spray was applied to Tua’s product he received.

If you think that is cheating, I don't know what to tell you. Having a specialty doctor is no different from building state of the art facilities with one of a kind features that other programs don't have.... That should be illegal or punished by your logic.

Reactions: 05_never_again
If the Bama team doctors are the one who came up with the procedure, then there is nothing the NCAA could do about it.
Exactly. Also if i remember correctly the medical quick tent was sabans idea and he took it the University to develop. Now they have the patent is my understanding so they make money off the other schools. I believe thats what i heard watching one of Bamas games a year or 2 ago.

If you think that is cheating, I don't know what to tell you. Having a specialty doctor is no different from building state of the art facilities with one of a kind features that other programs don't have.... That should be illegal or punished by your logic.
Especially when that claim ESPN made about the surgery is likely BS anyway.

Exactly. Also if i remember correctly the medical quick tent was sabans idea and he took it the University to develop. Now they have the patent is my understanding so they make money off the other schools. I believe thats what i heard watching one of Bamas games a year or 2 ago.

This is absolutely true.

Capitalism?
No - couldn't possibly be. Has to be cheating.

I love how if Saban actually is giving kids cars, he makes it patently obvious by slapping his name on a car dealership in a city with lots of recruits and making that his "distribution center" for all to see. As if he couldn't arrange for a car to be given to a kid without having a dealership in town.

Reactions: Lawrence Wright

VN Store

Back