Tagovailoa move from Hawaii question?

Yes and is one of the wealthier areas around Birmingham. Not super wealthy but about like the Turkey Creek area in west Knoxville.
I'm not super familiar with the area, but my sister lived in Alabaster for a few years and the area where she was reminded me a lot of Smyrna area, with lots of nice but smallish homes on small lots in subdivisions choked full with young families. I assume that Mountain Brook is the nice part of Birmingham.

Because their kid is gonna end up making the entire family rich.

I get what you're saying for sure but it's all about that scratch.

True but he could've went to any number of west coast schools and still would have wound up a top draft pick. Stanford, Washington, Washington State, UCLA, USC, etc all would have set him up for success.

Look if you aren't cheating then you are not trying just the way it is it's only brought up when you are winning and the NCAA won't go after Bama because saint Nick is bigger than they are for some reason everybody is scared of him he does what he won't and gets away with it.

I am just curious as to why more has not been made of this family move from Hawaii. I find it very suspicious that nobody can say where the father or family works in Alabama. I'm sure there were all kinds of booster dealings behind the scenes to get this family jobs and moved from Hawaii to Alabama. Just seems to me this should have red flags all over it at the NCAA office. Looks pretty clear to me this family was taken care of for the signature of their two son's.

And on a second thought, during last nights broadcast the announcers said the procedure that was done on Tua's ankle is only available by Alabama team doctors to Alabama athletes. This seems like an extra benefit/unfair advantage that the NCAA should not allow because it is not offered to every athlete. I mean think about it, had the same injury happened to another QB competing in the playoffs, that QB would have probably been out without this procedure.
Alabama offers to Alabama athletes; implemented in Alabama; very new procedure. As long as Alabama treats all ALABAMA athletes equally, that meets the University’s requirement. As to offering the procedure to other schools, communities, whatever, that sounds like medical, legal, financial issues. All of which are out of UA’s parameters and control. Personally I think the NCAA should step in and address the real inequality in football, which could be corrected by sending Nick and Dabo elsewhere; I vote one to UT and the other to retirement.

Basically you are saying if the guys parents qualify for a job that a donor/booster owns and applies for said job and gets it then it’s an NCAA violation. My point is if said parents go through the correct hiring channels I doubt the NCAA can do anything about it.

Edit: I could be wrong. I have been before. But, I think other issues would arise if the NCAA told a family they can’t have a job that they applied for and qualified for, no matter who they got said job from.
I believe you originally posted job, house, or money. Hiring someone is a different animal from giving someone a house or money or anything else. It sounds like they paid for their own house. I know that I cannot even buy a kid a hamburger without risking a violation. I don't know how anyone would ever know if I did, but I'd rather not take the chance of being disassociated.

I am just curious as to why more has not been made of this family move from Hawaii. I find it very suspicious that nobody can say where the father or family works in Alabama. I'm sure there were all kinds of booster dealings behind the scenes to get this family jobs and moved from Hawaii to Alabama. Just seems to me this should have red flags all over it at the NCAA office. Looks pretty clear to me this family was taken care of for the signature of their two son's.

And on a second thought, during last nights broadcast the announcers said the procedure that was done on Tua's ankle is only available by Alabama team doctors to Alabama athletes. This seems like an extra benefit/unfair advantage that the NCAA should not allow because it is not offered to every athlete. I mean think about it, had the same injury happened to another QB competing in the playoffs, that QB would have probably been out without this procedure.

If other Doctors know how to do the procedure, they would do it. I don't think a "patent" applies to medical operations.
(really just guessing) And by the way in the past, there have been medical procedures done on Bama players other than by "team doctors"...

Maybe the SEC office is now inside Saban's Mercedes dealership in Birmingham? Have you noticed all these Saban dealerships popping up in highly recruited areas? Infiniti of Birmingham and Mercedes-Benz of Birmingham, both in the Birmingham suburb of Hoover, Ala. and Saban owns Mercedes-Benz of Baton Rouge (La.) and Mercedes-Benz of the Woodlands (Texas) and Mercedes-Benz of Music City, Nashville, TN. Probably another way players and their families are getting paid to come to Alabama.

I don't know a lot about the procedure that was done, but from what I've read it sounds like this type of injury heals pretty well on it's own in a relatively short amount of time. It may have been more of a long term risk to have the surgery than to let it heal naturally.

According to Bleacher Report, the family moved to Alabaster, Alabama which is about an hour and ten-minute drive to Tuscaloosa. Taluia, his brother plays at Thompson High School in Alabaster, AL.
Great, thanks. Maybe absolutely nothing to this situation, but it seems a little unusual.

I believe you originally posted job, house, or money. Hiring someone is a different animal from giving someone a house or money or anything else. It sounds like they paid for their own house. I know that I cannot even buy a kid a hamburger without risking a violation. I don't know how anyone would ever know if I did, but I'd rather not take the chance of being disassociated.

My point is. If it is legally done through all of the correct channels. The NCAA can’t do anything about it. I wasn’t saying they can just hand it out to them like it is a piece of candy.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Maybe the SEC office is now inside Saban's Mercedes dealership in Birmingham? Have you noticed all these Saban dealerships popping up in highly recruited areas? Infiniti of Birmingham and Mercedes-Benz of Birmingham, both in the Birmingham suburb of Hoover, Ala. and Saban owns Mercedes-Benz of Baton Rouge (La.) and Mercedes-Benz of the Woodlands (Texas) and Mercedes-Benz of Music City, Nashville, TN. Probably another way players and their families are getting paid to come to Alabama.
There was already a MB dealer in Williamson Co. when the Nashville dealership opened. Initially, MB Nashville used Saban heavily in advertising but have backed off considerably. Guess he is isn't as popular hereabouts.

Who cares? Also, if a booster gives the family a house and job and money there is nothing the NCAA can do about it.

Edit: Also, there is no way that only the Alabama doctors in this whole world are the only doctors who know how to perform whatever procedure was done. So I think this is an invalid point.

Response to post: Or in Alabama you might by a family a church and not be called to task.
Response to edit: correct... I though the statement made by the announcing team was stupid and crap provided by the Bama media department and not verified or discussed by the network "editing dept". (if they have one)

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
When I attended a certain unnamed state university in the seventies, I remember the football players getting free haircuts and heard about one high profile player being paid to ride the horses of a booster as a summer job at about minimum wage levels. Can't stop all this stuff that flies under the NCAA radar I guess.

Be patient, didn't we send you one of our medical tents?

I'm not super familiar with the area, but my sister lived in Alabaster for a few years and the area where she was reminded me a lot of Smyrna area, with lots of nice but smallish homes on small lots in subdivisions choked full with young families. I assume that Mountain Brook is the nice part of Birmingham.
That would be correct about Mountain Brook but it is more wealthy than most or all of the Birmingham area. The more snooty area of doctors and all. There are parts of Alabaster and surrounding area that are very nice though.

Hawaii ain't what it once was. Talent has a better chance of being noticed state-wide. Kīlauea has Intermittent explosive disorder (IED). Cost of living in what is basically now just a giant tourist trap. A chance to travel and see more is a big draw. Then there's the Bama mystique, beautiful and willing gals, money galore for pampered sports pets, and a high chance of making more money at the next level. For those not blinded by Red Team hate and have a good dose of ambition, it makes sense to leave Hawaii for things the islands lack.

I don't know a lot about the procedure that was done, but from what I've read it sounds like this type of injury heals pretty well on it's own in a relatively short amount of time. It may have been more of a long term risk to have the surgery than to let it heal naturally.

Jalen and Tua weren't the first Alabama players to have the procedure. The first Bama guy I remember was Ha Ha Clinton Dix a number of years ago. He had a high ankle sprain and he was back on the field and playing well in a just over a week. A number of guys have had the procedure and it works great. This is something that strengthens the ankle forever.

Look if you aren't cheating then you are not trying just the way it is it's only brought up when you are winning and the NCAA won't go after Bama because saint Nick is bigger than they are for some reason everybody is scared of him he does what he won't and gets away with it.
They could be scared of losing $.

VN Store

Back