Tagovailoa move from Hawaii question?

mhillvol

I am just curious as to why more has not been made of this family move from Hawaii. I find it very suspicious that nobody can say where the father or family works in Alabama. I'm sure there were all kinds of booster dealings behind the scenes to get this family jobs and moved from Hawaii to Alabama. Just seems to me this should have red flags all over it at the NCAA office. Looks pretty clear to me this family was taken care of for the signature of their two son's.

And on a second thought, during last nights broadcast the announcers said the procedure that was done on Tua's ankle is only available by Alabama team doctors to Alabama athletes. This seems like an extra benefit/unfair advantage that the NCAA should not allow because it is not offered to every athlete. I mean think about it, had the same injury happened to another QB competing in the playoffs, that QB would have probably been out without this procedure.

Reactions: RollerVol
Bama doesn’t cheat.....they don’t have too. However, we may want to consider the idea.

Reactions: CA_Vol
The NCAA would investigate but they are a little busy at the moment.
source.gif

I am just curious as to why more has not been made of this family move from Hawaii. I find it very suspicious that nobody can say where the father or family works in Alabama. I'm sure there were all kinds of booster dealings behind the scenes to get this family jobs and moved from Hawaii to Alabama. Just seems to me this should have red flags all over it at the NCAA office. Looks pretty clear to me this family was taken care of for the signature of their two son's.

And on a second thought, during last nights broadcast the announcers said the procedure that was done on Tua's ankle is only available by Alabama team doctors to Alabama athletes. This seems like an extra benefit/unfair advantage that the NCAA should not allow because it is not offered to every athlete. I mean think about it, had the same injury happened to another QB competing in the playoffs, that QB would have probably been out without this procedure.
Jealousy is so unbecoming. Suck it up and get better and then we won't have to resort to threads like this...

So it sounds like other teams should get better doctors...

If the Bama team doctors are the one who came up with the procedure, then there is nothing the NCAA could do about it.

Who cares? Also, if a booster gives the family a house and job and money there is nothing the NCAA can do about it.

Edit: Also, there is no way that only the Alabama doctors in this whole world are the only doctors who know how to perform whatever procedure was done. So I think this is an invalid point.

Correction: To save further posts I don’t mean they can just hand the family those things, but if somehow they do it legally there are always ways to give a family those things without the NCAA being able to investigate it.

Last edited:
Wondered the same thing myself. Maybe the family is independently wealthly and the move from paradise to God forsaken Alabama was an easy thing. Also what high school team does his brother play for and is it a public school he is zoned for or a private school that offers schollys? Hmmmmm. Move along. Nothing to see here.

Who cares? Also, if a booster gives the family a house and job and money there is nothing the NCAA can do about it.
Actually, that is why Reggie Bush's Heisman trophy was taken away and USC was sanctioned to the point that Pete Carroll ran for the NFL exit door. Bama has gotten away with a lot of dirty stuff recently. The conspiracy theory that I have a hard time with is the idea that Saban's buddy from LSU days, Emmert, has had his back. What I do believe is that Mike Slive concluded that a certain amount of lax enforcement would lead to a greater chance of SEC programs winning championships, which would lead to more revenue for the conference. JMO, but I think there was a clear difference between rules interpretation and enforcement in the Kramer era vs the Slive era.

If the Bama team doctors are the one who came up with the procedure, then there is nothing the NCAA could do about it.
Not true at all. The TIght-Rope fixation system is marketed by Arthrex and is available to any orthopedic surgeon. May need to take a little course by Arthrex but I doubt it. It is a very straight forward procedure

Bama is the SEC cash cow in football. Kentucky is it in basketball.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Actually, that is why Reggie Bush's Heisman trophy was taken away and USC was sanctioned to the point that Pete Carroll ran for the NFL exit door. Bama has gotten away with a lot of dirty stuff recently. The conspiracy theory that I have a hard time with is the idea that Saban's buddy from LSU days, Emmert, has had his back. What I do believe is that Mike Slive concluded that a certain amount of lax enforcement would lead to a greater chance of SEC programs winning championships, which would lead to more revenue for the conference. JMO, but I think there was a clear difference between rules interpretation and enforcement in the Kramer era vs the Slive era.

You have to prove intent that he was recruited and his family was given that stuff because of his recruitment.

The NCAA cannot just say oh look the Boosters are giving the family a job etc.

Tua was already signed to Alabama when the family moved I believe which I also believe would allow a Booster to do whatever they want as far as giving them a job etc as long as there is a viable reason the family member was hired such as experience, etc. at that point the NCAA can’t do anything about it.

Wondered the same thing myself. Maybe the family is independently wealthly and the move from paradise to God forsaken Alabama was an easy thing. Also what high school team does his brother play for and is it a public school he is zoned for or a private school that offers schollys? Hmmmmm. Move along. Nothing to see here.
According to Bleacher Report, the family moved to Alabaster, Alabama which is about an hour and ten-minute drive to Tuscaloosa. Taluia, his brother plays at Thompson High School in Alabaster, AL.

Me and my fiancé were talking about this last night. Who on gods green earth would want to move to Alabama from Hawaii. Go from the prettiest, to one of the nastier states in the country. Makes absolute zero sense.

Because their kid is gonna end up making the entire family rich.

I get what you're saying for sure but it's all about that scratch.

Me and my fiancé were talking about this last night. Who on gods green earth would want to move to Alabama from Hawaii. Go from the prettiest, to one of the nastier states in the country. Makes absolute zero sense.

$$$. Hawaii is very expensive place to live.

Reactions: MiramarVol
You have to prove intent that he was recruited and his family was given that stuff because of his recruitment.

The NCAA cannot just say oh look the Boosters are giving the family a job etc.

Tua was already signed to Alabama when the family moved I believe which I also believe would allow a Booster to do whatever they want as far as giving them a job etc as long as there is a viable reason the family member was hired such as experience, etc. at that point the NCAA can’t do anything about it.
There is no intent involved. Boosters cannot give anything to athletes and their families. It's supposed to be zero tolerance. I'm a small potato donor and I get a mailer every so often reminding me of the do's and don'ts. I'm sure a lot of regular posters here get the same.

Reactions: OrangeByBirth
According to Bleacher Report, the family moved to Alabaster, Alabama which is about an hour and ten-minute drive to Tuscaloosa. Taluia, his brother plays at Thompson High School in Alabaster, AL.
Yes and is one of the wealthier areas around Birmingham. Not super wealthy but about like the Turkey Creek area in west Knoxville.

Read on tos that his dad is an engineer. They sold their house in Hawaii for around 600k and bought one in Alabama for around 300k.

There is no intent involved. Boosters cannot give anything to athletes and their families. It's supposed to be zero tolerance. I'm a small potato donor and I get a mailer every so often reminding me of the do's and don'ts. I'm sure a lot of regular posters here get the same.

Basically you are saying if the guys parents qualify for a job that a donor/booster owns and applies for said job and gets it then it’s an NCAA violation. My point is if said parents go through the correct hiring channels I doubt the NCAA can do anything about it.

Edit: I could be wrong. I have been before. But, I think other issues would arise if the NCAA told a family they can’t have a job that they applied for and qualified for, no matter who they got said job from.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Basically you are saying if the guys parents qualify for a job that a donor/booster owns and applies for said job and gets it then it’s an NCAA violation. My point is if said parents go through the correct hiring channels I doubt the NCAA can do anything about it.

Edit: I could be wrong. I have been before. But, I think other issues would arise if the NCAA told a family they can’t have a job that they applied for and qualified for, no matter who they got said job from.

And doesn't Trey Smith's sister work for the UTAD?...IIRC, she got the job just before Trey signed with UT. Stuff happens everywhere...UT just needs to get better at "Stuff."

The SEC office is located just outside B'Ham in the suburbs. Everyone working there from the commissioner to the lowest admin type is a die hard citizen of Bama. The NCAA before doing an investigation of an SEC team more especially Bama would probably pay a courtesy check to the SEC folks. Who in turn get that info out to especially Bama to get cleaned up before the NCAA arrives. There is corruption IMO at the SEC level and the NCAA has and will ignore it until it becomes so egregious it blows up in their faces.

VN Store

Back