Support the team or

Get Out!

The kids in our legacy class have already tweeted supporting comments. If they're smart enough to realize that we are getting better but just had a hard loss, then why can't the fan base.

Negative comments only hurt this team, they don't help. I don't know if recruits read this site, but if they do we need to stop all the bs. Just remember that even the almighty Satan, whoops......even my auto correct doesn't like him, Saban lost to La Monroe his first year.

So let's give Butch a chance to turn this around. I think we may see some improvement next year. The year after that will be my barometer by which I will measure the job he has done. If we lose to Candy that year, then yes feel free to blast away at the state of the program.

No one knows what we will be like in 2 years but I'm at least gonna give Butch a chance to be successful.

Go Vols, let's beat those Cats!

Now really. Don't you just feel foolish after posting this "rah, rah" crap again. Grow up.

Reactions: 2 people
You'll have to be more specific.

Tennessee didn't play well and that's ultimately Butch's responsibility. We should have beaten Vanderbilt at home, period.

In the end if Butch continues to recruit as well as he has, we can only get better.

I think our roster has a ceiling on just how well they can play. There's a serious depth problem on this team. I think Butch did what he had to do to keep us in the game.

I don't think it's fair to bash the job he's doing with this roster. A freshman QB and a poor group of wr's led to us running more than usual. It was working, we ran pretty well. We were just a few plays away from winning. I think in time Butch may win by the Fulmer method. Recruit like heck and play smart football. Let the talent go out there perform.

The one knock I have on Butch is he seems too afraid to step away from his plan. He's too stubborn to get away from his game plan or beliefs and play to the strengths of his current roster.

Get Out!

The kids in our legacy class have already tweeted supporting comments. If they're smart enough to realize that we are getting better but just had a hard loss, then why can't the fan base.

Negative comments only hurt this team, they don't help. I don't know if recruits read this site, but if they do we need to stop all the bs. Just remember that even the almighty Satan, whoops......even my auto correct doesn't like him, Saban lost to La Monroe his first year.

So let's give Butch a chance to turn this around. I think we may see some improvement next year. The year after that will be my barometer by which I will measure the job he has done. If we lose to Candy that year, then yes feel free to blast away at the state of the program.

No one knows what we will be like in 2 years but I'm at least gonna give Butch a chance to be successful.

The kids in the legacy class are on blind faith, they are young and naive, cause Butch is a good salesman. I have no idea if Butch will win.

I think our roster has a ceiling on just how well they can play. There's a serious depth problem on this team. I think Butch did what he had to do to keep us in the game.

I don't think it's fair to bash the job he's doing with this roster. A freshman QB and a poor group of wr's led to us running more than usual. It was working, we ran pretty well. We were just a few plays away from winning. I think in time Butch may win by the Fulmer method. Recruit like heck and play smart football. Let the talent go out there perform.

The one knock I have on Butch is he seems too afraid to step away from his plan. He's too stubborn to get away from his game plan or beliefs and play to the strengths of his current roster.

No debating Butch has obstacles, I just think with two weeks two prepare, we have the talent to beat Vandy at home, regardless. That's just my opinion.

I see your point, I just put a bit more on the shoulders of the coaches in game eleven of the year.

Reactions: 3 people
Now really. Don't you just feel foolish after posting this "rah, rah" crap again. Grow up.

I do. I'll try to mature but it's hard sometimes. :(

But I really just want our team to win again. I'm so sick of losing!

My main point of this post was to make the point that recruits may read all this garbage. If I were on here crying and complaining all the time along with everyone else, and it caused a recruit to go elsewhere.....then that would piss me off even more and hurt the team.

And don't give me that crap about well if that caused him to go elsewhere then we didn't need him anyways. Kids today have said that they factor in what brand teams wear as a recruiting factor. So if they'll go to a school just because they wear Nike, then I could see some kids factoring in how the fan base is.

You'll have to be more specific.

Tennessee didn't play well and that's ultimately Butch's responsibility. We should have beaten Vanderbilt at home, period.

In the end if Butch continues to recruit as well as he has, we can only get better.

Freak, how many guys come in next year and play right away? They need a lot of help, or I guess you could call it a complete make over.

The question marks for next year are starting to mount.

Get Out!

With all due respect, STFU! Fans right now have every right to feel like NOT supporting the team! Does that mean they won't? Probably not but they are absolutely, positively, 100% entitled to feel that way! I get so sick of people acting like we have some kind of moral obligation to support this team no matter what! That is complete BS! As fans who purchase the tickets, buy the PPV, buy the merchandise, listen the radio shows, invest in this team emotionally, financially, etc. We have the right to do whatever the hell we want! We are not on the coach's payroll and we are not playing for free education. If some fans are sick of watching bad football and need to step away from it, they have that right. Doesn't make them any less of a fan.

Reactions: 2 people
I hope the only fans that get out are those that sit on there hands and say give him another year after his 3rd,4th etc!

It is a fans right to express frustration afrter a terrible loss. We should be worried when folks quit freaking out after a loss like this.

I agree Freak, but I've read some pretty ridiculous comments. Do people really think it would help our program return quicker by starting over with a new staff?

Of course not, nobody believes that. But after last night, after the last 4 weeks, even people who have been firmly behind this coaching staff from virtually Day 1, like me, are seriously starting to question things. For me, it's player development. I see players going backward, not forward, and it's troubling.

It is a fans right to express frustration afrter a terrible loss. We should be worried when folks quit freaking out after a loss like this.

If next season is remarkably better than this one, I think we'll start to see some of that. Another 4-8 year and they'll have to let Butch go after 2 years.

With all due respect, STFU! Fans right now have every right to feel like NOT supporting the team! Does that mean they won't? Probably not but they are absolutely, positively, 100% entitled to feel that way! I get so sick of people acting like we have some kind of moral obligation to support this team no matter what! That is complete BS! As fans who purchase the tickets, buy the PPV, buy the merchandise, listen the radio shows, invest in this team emotionally, financially, etc. We have the right to do whatever the hell we want! We are not on the coach's payroll and we are not playing for free education. If some fans are sick of watching bad football and need to step away from it, they have that right. Doesn't make them any less of a fan.

I agree. Is it to much to ask to be competitive week in and week out?

Honestly if Vandy had thrown the ball down the field more instead of all the screens then they win easy.

Reactions: 1 person

Then go jump on a bandwagon somewhere and STFU! Why sit here and complain.

I'm all about reality, not what should be happening. This team doesn't have the talent or the advantage of being in the same system for several years to be successful. Go back and look at how many players we've lost in our last three to four classes. It's crazy how people think we should be able to just go out there and roll over Vandy.

Yes we are Tennessee and yes i always want to win. But reality says this is not the Tennessee of the nineties or the 2000's.

This team was better earlier in the year and with Worley. There are some positives, but I'm too pissed to post them.

Some coordinators? You really think that's going to happen after year one? I will be surprised if it does.

It's happened before

Jancek at Georgia(as co-dc)
Martinez at Georgia(as co-dc)
Azzanni at Florida(WR)in 2010
Azzanni at W. Kentucky(OC)2011
Clawson at UT
Pease will be out after one year at Florida

I know the list is longer, but I'm not that good

Then do something else with your life. Those guys aren't required to play hard, to win, to practice, or anything of the sort because you "invest" in them. All you are actually doing is investing in yourself so that you have an experience you enjoy. If you don't like it then it sounds as if you need to find a new team. I have a few suggestions for you: Bama (you may get the opportunity to get in just before a national championship), Florida (surely they won't suck for long and you can say you were there while they were down), or USC (with a new coach coming in they will surely rise to the top of the PAC). Now, hopefully you realize that your money spent doesn't mean crap. I don't care that you spent any money, the players don't care that you spent any money, CBJ doesn't...only you do. So, allow me to also help you find something else to do with your time and money that will help shape you into a fine young man (or woman) and won't cost you so much money: A) read a book (a real one), B) volunteer your time on Saturdays picking up trash, tutoring a kid, helping the homeless, etc. C) Woodworking (it will calm your soul)...man I hope this helps! your money is important...invest is well. If tennessee isn't giving you the returns on your investment then I would look into investing elsewhere, because that is what it's all about...

I don't blame the players one bit. This is solely on the best staff in the country. It's their job. It's what they are paid to do.

Blame Dooley! These are his kids with his coaching. How bout waiting for Butch to get his players and for him to coach them. Then if we still suck we can bash him too.

Blame Dooley! These are his kids with his coaching. How bout waiting for Butch to get his players and for him to coach them. Then if we still suck we can bash him too.

If Butch can't turn them around after ten months to even muster up 250 yards of offense, no, I'm done bashing Dools. This rests solely on CBJ and Bajayjay. Dobbs is awful, but the plan going into the game was a nightmare of epic proportions. This game was coached worse than any of the Dooley performances and sadly, Dools doesn't even have one in the running to beat what we witnessed last night. Add to the fact that CBJ had two weeks to come up with that and it's just pathetic.

Then go jump on a bandwagon somewhere and STFU! Why sit here and complain.

I'm all about reality, not what should be happening. This team doesn't have the talent or the advantage of being in the same system for several years to be successful. Go back and look at how many players we've lost in our last three to four classes. It's crazy how people think we should be able to just go out there and roll over Vandy.

Yes we are Tennessee and yes i always want to win. But reality says this is not the Tennessee of the nineties or the 2000's.

Really?

It is about reality. And reality smacks us in the face that this team has the talent to NOT allow Vanderbilt to come into our house and do what they did last night. Players can only go so far and the coaches pull them the rest of the way. And last night was a piss poor example of coaching, pure and simple. And I dare you to convince me or others that tend to be pretty objective about this program and it's coaching staff differently.

A win last night "shouldn't" be happening. It had to happen. For the love of everything orange in this State, we have to win that game. To continue to build on what was started, that game was a must win.

Yes, we are Tennessee. We are not Colorado...yet. We should be getting back into the UT of 90s and early 00s form. And it's a far cry for us to be happy, much less satisfied with a 6-6 season, period, end of story.

I have every right after what happened this year to sit here and complain. Vanderbilt does NOT come into our house and do what they did. Period, end of story. So you need to STFU and get off your high horse about "go root for someone else."

Blame TCHFCATUTK, not Dooley. We haven't played to our strengths all year, not that there is that many of them to begin with. This read option offense is crap here, and has cost us all season. We aren't a read option team, and our coaches haven't figured that out, and we are at the end of the season.

VN Store

Back