Support the team or

Good post.

I keep reading people say "I'm done". I'm not sure what that means, but maybe this thread is addressed to them. :lol:

Maybe, while we are at it, we also need to define supporting the team.

Can you support the team, meaning players and think our coaches suck? Either way I have been doing this for 8-9 years.

If last night didnt piss you off, you're not a fan at all.

I agree, I've been defending this team all year, taking victories play by play. But getting beat by Vandy, our in state nerd team, will always be unacceptable. My brother was laughing at how I had finally been broken.

I think our roster has a ceiling on just how well they can play. There's a serious depth problem on this team. I think Butch did what he had to do to keep us in the game.

I don't think it's fair to bash the job he's doing with this roster. A freshman QB and a poor group of wr's led to us running more than usual. It was working, we ran pretty well. We were just a few plays away from winning. I think in time Butch may win by the Fulmer method. Recruit like heck and play smart football. Let the talent go out there perform.

The one knock I have on Butch is he seems too afraid to step away from his plan. He's too stubborn to get away from his game plan or beliefs and play to the strengths of his current roster.

THIS I can agree with 100 percent. The thing about the roster is, our roster is more talented than Vandy's, and Vandy had an entire secondary out that at least could have been tested more. Dobbs wasn't accurate but I think you still have to try to exploit that weakness. Josh Smith showed that it could be done, he just didn't make the catch. Why not keep going after it? Also, Lane should be more involved.

The roster excuse can be used when we lose to Auburn, Mizzou, etc, but not to Vandy. Sorry.

Freak, how many guys come in next year and play right away? They need a lot of help, or I guess you could call it a complete make over.

The question marks for next year are starting to mount.

I'd have to go through the list, but quite a few will play. Look at how many freshmen played this season.

It's happened before

Jancek at Georgia(as co-dc)
Martinez at Georgia(as co-dc)
Azzanni at Florida(WR)in 2010
Azzanni at W. Kentucky(OC)2011
Clawson at UT
Pease will be out after one year at Florida

I know the list is longer, but I'm not that good

My point is Bajakian and Jancek have been with Butch for a while. If he was confident enough in their ability to hire them, I doubt he fires either after one season. JMO.

Oh yeah - another one of these threads . . .

Passionate fans have passion and Volnation is just a small sampling of Vol fans. Recruits are recruited by coaches, not fans.

Blame Dooley! These are his kids with his coaching. How bout waiting for Butch to get his players and for him to coach them. Then if we still suck we can bash him too.

did I miss the screen shot of Dooley coaching last night?

Blame TCHFCATUTK, not Dooley. We haven't played to our strengths all year, not that there is that many of them to begin with. This read option offense is crap here, and has cost us all season. We aren't a read option team, and our coaches haven't figured that out, and we are at the end of the season.

I don't get the read option hate. Our rushing numbers have been good for the most part. We certainly didn't look good last night when we lined up behind center with a fullback.

Blame Dooley! These are his kids with his coaching. How bout waiting for Butch to get his players and for him to coach them. Then if we still suck we can bash him too.

Ignorant, just plain ignorant.

They were Dooley's kids last year, they are Butch's kids this year. Dooley didn't coach a down of that dumpster fire last night. I'm not advocating firing Butch Jones right now, but I am not real enthused about the product he's putting on the field either.

Leave it to the brain trust at UT to hire one of the few coaches Dooley not only beat but blew out.

this.

too many sheep around here. this staff is an embarrassment.

Being pissed and wanting massive coaching changes aren't the same thing. I'm not for coaching changes yet, does that make me a sheep? Or maybe I'm just slow.

If Butch believed in his coordinators when he hired them last year, I'm not sure how he fires them after one year. We'll see I guess.

Being pissed and wanting massive coaching changes aren't the same thing. I'm not for coaching changes yet, does that make me a sheep? Or maybe I'm just slow.

If Butch believed in his coordinators when he hired them last year, I'm not sure how he fires them after one year. We'll see I guess.

The sheep are the all is well crowd. all is not well. CBJ hadn't even stepped up and given anything but coachspeak.

The sheep are the all is well crowd. all is not well. CBJ hadn't even stepped up and given anything but coachspeak.

Please give me a list of those who think all is well. I'll submit their email to get them counseling. :)

Some just think Butch can turn it around. I don't have a problem with the line of thinking. We've seen some positives this year. We beat Spurrier and almost beat Richt. Then we lost Worley.

Anyone who isn't pissed and severely disappointed after last night is pretending to be a fan or just isn't being honest.

All I can say is, Wow! I'm ignorant, not a real fan, etc.....

Tennessee is a major college SEC program. And I always want them to win. And since we are Tennessee with our rich tradition, success has to be demanded.

I GET THAT!

BUT, REALITY says that this program has been through hell and back the last few years and now we're seeing the results. No matter what some may think, even a Vanderbilt squad full of three star recruits can be a better team than Tennessee. They have a full roster of players that Franklin recruited. The same coaching staff, playbook, and culture that has worked for them.

All I'm saying is we should give Butch a couple years before we go off the deep end.

I think your harsh on the fans. After that loss they got a right to be angry and *****. Most of us rebound back to reality after a few days. That's the only course fans have. Sure they can give up and a few do. I think CBJ will right the ship in time for a contract renewal.

Recruits want to win. Why would they want to come here at all if fans didn't care and weren't upset by last night's ridiculously poor showing? Good players expect other players to do their jobs and give their all. The fanbase should expect nothing less and hold coaches accountable. Passion trumps apathy, IMO.

All the negative comments on all VN blogs are from vanderbilt fans posing as Tennessee fans. How else do you explain the childish jibberish idiotic comments you only see here. Now if any children want to respond to this go ahead and the point will be proven. (I'll bet there will be a least one).

VN Store

Back