Support the team or

TruTennVol

Get Out!

The kids in our legacy class have already tweeted supporting comments. If they're smart enough to realize that we are getting better but just had a hard loss, then why can't the fan base.

Negative comments only hurt this team, they don't help. I don't know if recruits read this site, but if they do we need to stop all the bs. Just remember that even the almighty Satan, whoops......even my auto correct doesn't like him, Saban lost to La Monroe his first year.

So let's give Butch a chance to turn this around. I think we may see some improvement next year. The year after that will be my barometer by which I will measure the job he has done. If we lose to Candy that year, then yes feel free to blast away at the state of the program.

No one knows what we will be like in 2 years but I'm at least gonna give Butch a chance to be successful.

Go Vols, let's beat those Cats!

Reactions: 10 people
Butch will have his chance, but tonight was disappointing. If fans didn't get upset after a loss to Vandy, we would no longer be Tennessee. The anger shows our fan base is still passionate.

:hi:

Reactions: 12 people
Butch will have his chance, but tonight was disappointing. If fans didn't get upset after a loss to Vandy, we would no longer be Tennessee. The anger shows our fan base is still passionate.

:hi:

I agree Freak, but I've read some pretty ridiculous comments. Do people really think it would help our program return quicker by starting over with a new staff?

Reactions: 1 person
It is totally possible to believe it will turn around, and support the team, yet still be extremely upset with a loss like this. This loss was unacceptable, period. One can be a fan who believes it will turn around, yet still acknowledge realities of the situation. Butch and his staff are not infallible. Never in my lifetime will I not be upset after a loss to Vanderbilt, and I think it is a sign of accepting mediocrity to just shrug shoulders at this loss and say "it will get better". It will get better, but right now, it stinks. When coaches make it tougher for players to succeed on the field, it is frustrating, and I make no apologies for being frustrated. UT had several opportunities with good field position and defense forced turnovers. When the players do enough to win, yet still lose, it is upsetting. I believe in Butch but I also acknowledge he was totally out coached last night. Let's not do that thing where we question people's fandom for being upset at an unacceptable loss. It's getting old.

I agree Freak, but I've read some pretty ridiculous comments. Do people really think it would help our program return quicker by starting over with a new staff?

I haven't seen anyone suggest starting over. I'm sure some people think that, but they are few and far between.

Butch is going to get time, whether people like it it not.

If last night didnt piss you off, you're not a fan at all.

I was pissed off, but I also saw this team fight. Which is the first step to us getting better. Just imagine what we would've done with last year's staff. Vandy would've beaten us by at least three touchdowns.

It is totally possible to believe it will turn around, and support the team, yet still be extremely upset with a loss like this. This loss was unacceptable, period. One can be a fan who believes it will turn around, yet still acknowledge realities of the situation. Butch and his staff are not infallible. Never in my lifetime will I not be upset after a loss to Vanderbilt, and I think it is a sign of accepting mediocrity to just shrug shoulders at this loss and say "it will get better". It will get better, but right now, it stinks. When coaches make it tougher for players to succeed on the field, it is frustrating, and I make no apologies for being frustrated. UT had several opportunities with good field position and defense forced turnovers. When the players do enough to win, yet still lose, it is upsetting. I believe in Butch but I also acknowledge he was totally out coached last night. Let's not do that thing where we question people's fandom for being upset at an unacceptable loss. It's getting old.

Good post.

I keep reading people say "I'm done". I'm not sure what that means, but maybe this thread is addressed to them. :lol:

Maybe, while we are at it, we also need to define supporting the team.

Reactions: 3 people
I was pissed off, but I also saw this team fight. Which is the first step to us getting better. Just imagine what we would've done with last year's staff. Vandy would've beaten us by at least three touchdowns.
I don't really agree here, but I'm not saying I want CBJ replaced either......that would only make the situation worse. I do think he has to cut some coordinators if he wants a chance to succeed here.

It;s a shame the staff didn't have enough fight to put our players in better situations on offense...horrible,horrible play calling!

I don't really agree here, but I'm not saying I want CBJ replaced either......that would only make the situation worse. I do think he has to cut some coordinators if he wants a chance to succeed here.

This team was better earlier in the year and with Worley. There are some positives, but I'm too pissed to post them.

Some coordinators? You really think that's going to happen after year one? I will be surprised if it does.

This team was better earlier in the year and with Worley. There are some positives, but I'm too pissed to post them.

Some coordinators? You really think that's going to happen after year one? I will be surprised if it does.

It has to for him to be successful IMO. Will it happen? I don't know.

Bajacken or how ever you spell his name .I think is in over his head coaching QB's and being Offensive coordinator . Not so sure he's ready to match minds with Great Defensive minds in the sec.

It;s a shame the staff didn't have enough fight to put our players in better situations on offense...horrible,horrible play calling!

It was bad, but after Dobbs threw two picks they lost confidence. Combine North's injury and the pass rush we were allowing and we were forced into being a one dimensional team.

It has to for him to be successful IMO. Will it happen? I don't know.

These guys have a lot to prove but I don't know whether I agree that it "has" to happen. It's going to be another long offseason, that's for sure.

It was bad, but after Dobbs threw two picks they lost confidence. Combine North's injury and the pass rush we were allowing and we were forced into being a one dimensional team.
was you shocked that all season we was told reach 6 wins was a goal that we didn't see a better Game plan with 2 weeks off? Defense was fine.Offense we looked like a high school team.

Has this been in the high school forum the entire time? :lol:

Ok, let me clarify my views of being a UT fan.

It is hard I know, when we lose it pisses me off. I'm no different than other fans in that regard. But I don't see it being the coaches fault.

Have you read the "Best coaching staff in America" or the "Butch Jones post game comments" threads?

was you shocked that all season we was told reach 6 wins was a goal that we didn't see a better Game plan with 2 weeks off? Defense was fine.Offense we looked like a high school team.

Six wins was the goal but Auburn and Missouri were much better than anticipated. We won one we shouldn't have and lost one we shouldn't have.

Offense was terrible and yes I was highly disappointed we didn't play better with two weeks to prepare. I also thought we started flat on both sides if the ball.

The defense played well but also helped themselves considerably with turnovers.

Ok, let me clarify my views of being a UT fan.

It is hard I know, when we lose it pisses me off. I'm no different than other fans in that regard. But I don't see it being the coaches fault.

Have you read the "Best coaching staff in America" or the "Butch Jones post game comments" threads?

You'll have to be more specific.

Tennessee didn't play well and that's ultimately Butch's responsibility. We should have beaten Vanderbilt at home, period.

In the end if Butch continues to recruit as well as he has, we can only get better.

Maybe just Maybe Tiny & AJ (even though I hate his tackling style )but he's still a great player. will come back next season. Tiny will help our needs on the O-line next season.

Here is the playbook.
1. It's a new staff
2. Playing with Dooley's players- not right for his system.
3. New conditioning program.. Throw old program under the bus.
4. Need to build depth- but not with current players
5. Injuries
6. Toughest schedule in America.
7. We have a great recruiting class coming in
8. Come up with a slogan about "construction"
9. Get your signature win mid season and then your team folds up
10 get beat by your in state rival first year

Off to a great start

VN Store

Back